HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Prospect Info: Nazem Kadri Talk V13: Mod warning in OP. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1284973)

Leaf Rocket 11-18-2012 05:22 PM

Nazem Kadri Talk V13: Mod warning in OP.
 
I am going to make this clear right here in the first post. No calling others, who don't agree trolls or haters. I will infract you as soon as I see it. No matter how much I agree with your opinion or not.

Now Let the talk resume. Atm he has 11 points in 5 games after being benched once.

Peasy 11-18-2012 05:29 PM

Nice to see him and the marlies starting to get in their grove.

charliolemieux 11-18-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket (Post 55861347)
I am going to make this clear right here in the first post. No calling others don't agree trolls or haters. I will infract you as soon as I see it. No matter how much I agree with your opinion or not.

Now Let the talk resume. Atm he has 11 points in 5 games after being benched once.

Patience.

He won't maintain 2ppg but he is playing very good right now.

Leaf Rocket 11-18-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliolemieux (Post 55861571)
Patience.

He won't maintain 2ppg but he is playing very good right now.

Agreed, patience is the key here and when he is ready he will shine IMO.

Hurt 11-18-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket (Post 55861615)
Agreed, patience is the key here and when he is ready he will shine IMO.

I'm still of the belief he needs to be brought up (when/if) there is a season and just let him float or sink.

Kingstonian84* 11-18-2012 05:37 PM

Here's my take on Kadri

I believe Burke/Wilson have mismanaged the guy since he arrived here, let me explain. Kadri had a great juniour league career then he played only a few games in the AHL before being called up, he was called up because at the time our offense was running dry, and Kadri was nowhere near ready to help us, he was put in a position to fail not succeed. Kadri's first call up, he was a weak skater and was always pushed off the puck, not to mention he would try far too many dangles and making "cute" plays instead of making the right ones. I actually don't fault Kadri because he was nowhere near ready for primetime, IMO Burke should have given him the entire year to develop in the minors, let him build his core strength and get adjusted to playing with men instead of boys. When Kadri was given a shot at next years camp he dominated and proved he was worthy of a spot, but then he was injured and Frattin inherited that role, from there Kadri was bounced up and down the rest of the way, which was NOT fair to him.

I'm not a huge Kadri fan but even I can say he's never been given a chance to suceed here. At this point he's much closer to being a "bust" then he is to being a legit top 6 player, next season is key to determining which way Kadri will go, the leafs need to give him a legit chance and Kadri needs to prove himself once and for all.

Leaf Rocket 11-18-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurt (Post 55861657)
I'm still of the belief he needs to be brought up (when/if) there is a season and just let him float or sink.

After seeing him live yea, he's good enough to step into the NHL now. Especially what I am seeing this season, after that it will be upto him to condition him to stick there.

charliolemieux 11-18-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurt (Post 55861657)
I'm still of the belief he needs to be brought up (when/if) there is a season and just let him float or sink.

I agree. But I would have brought him up as a 3rd liner, and thrown Burkes 6 and 6 philosophy out the window.(I hear he has reconsidered it so..yay) Why the franchise said Kadri had to make the team as a top 6 forward is puzzling to say the least.

Just bring him up without the threat of demotion hanging over his head and let him do what he has to.

HockeyThoughts 11-18-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingstonian84 (Post 55861763)
I'm not a huge Kadri fan but even I can say he's never been given a chance to suceed here. At this point he's much closer to being a "bust" then he is to being a legit top 6 player, next season is key to determining which way Kadri will go, the leafs need to give him a legit chance and Kadri needs to prove himself once and for all.

No, he really isn't. He has worked on his faults, logged over 100gp in the AHL over the past 2 seasons and has gotten a sufficient taste of the NHL over that span of time too. Stop trying to jump the gun.. Kadri is 22 years old! Prospects take time to develop -- It is not rocket science! The NHL is a mens league. In fact, it's the top professional mens league in the world. There are only limited spots to slot in at the NHL level and you got to have a very refined offensive game to play on a competitive team's top 6.

Let's just let this season progress, and evaluate how Kadri performs at the AHL level. It's looking more and more like we're going to get a full season lockout, so come training camp for the 13-14 season that is the time when all eyes will be on Kadri to succeed.

Dark Passenger 11-18-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingstonian84 (Post 55861763)
Here's my take on Kadri

I believe Burke/Wilson have mismanaged the guy since he arrived here, let me explain. Kadri had a great juniour league career then he played only a few games in the AHL before being called up, he was called up because at the time our offense was running dry, and Kadri was nowhere near ready to help us, he was put in a position to fail not succeed. Kadri's first call up, he was a weak skater and was always pushed off the puck, not to mention he would try far too many dangles and making "cute" plays instead of making the right ones. I actually don't fault Kadri because he was nowhere near ready for primetime, IMO Burke should have given him the entire year to develop in the minors, let him build his core strength and get adjusted to playing with men instead of boys. When Kadri was given a shot at next years camp he dominated and proved he was worthy of a spot, but then he was injured and Frattin inherited that role, from there Kadri was bounced up and down the rest of the way, which was NOT fair to him.

I'm not a huge Kadri fan but even I can say he's never been given a chance to suceed here. At this point he's much closer to being a "bust" then he is to being a legit top 6 player, next season is key to determining which way Kadri will go, the leafs need to give him a legit chance and Kadri needs to prove himself once and for all.


I disagree that he is closer to being a bust, but I do agree he was mis managed.
Not sure why this kid gets criticized every time he makes a mistake. Wilson seemed to jump on from day one, and its followed him. Of course he is going to turn the puck over now and then....we dont want him to skate to the blueline and dump it in every rush. I think his physical maturity not at same level as other players and that only takes time and will come around. The other thing I dont like, also...is continually playing him on the wing. We drated him as a centre, let him play their in the AHL and learn the position.

johnnyutah 11-18-2012 06:19 PM

he scored another beauty today

eyeball11 11-18-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Passenger (Post 55862525)
I disagree that he is closer to being a bust, but I do agree he was mis managed.
Not sure why this kid gets criticized every time he makes a mistake. Wilson seemed to jump on from day one, and its followed him. Of course he is going to turn the puck over now and then....we dont want him to skate to the blueline and dump it in every rush. I think his physical maturity not at same level as other players and that only takes time and will come around. The other thing I dont like, also...is continually playing him on the wing. We drated him as a centre, let him play their in the AHL and learn the position.

If Kadri had Frattin's body he'd already be a full time Leaf.

eyeball11 11-18-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliolemieux (Post 55861821)
I agree. But I would have brought him up as a 3rd liner, and thrown Burkes 6 and 6 philosophy out the window.(I hear he has reconsidered it so..yay) Why the franchise said Kadri had to make the team as a top 6 forward is puzzling to say the least.

Just bring him up without the threat of demotion hanging over his head and let him do what he has to.

That's what I've espoused all along. Put guys like him and Frattin on the third line. Removes the expectations and lets him work out his kinks at a level that matches his skills. When he's proven it, he bumps someone off the top two lines.

BlueBaron 11-18-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliolemieux (Post 55861821)
I agree. But I would have brought him up as a 3rd liner, and thrown Burkes 6 and 6 philosophy out the window.(I hear he has reconsidered it so..yay) Why the franchise said Kadri had to make the team as a top 6 forward is puzzling to say the least.

Just bring him up without the threat of demotion hanging over his head and let him do what he has to.

Minutes, they believe he is better getting first unit pp time and 18-20 minutes a game in the A then be cast in a role he is not used to on a lower line and get 10-12 mins. Not saying it is right or wrong but there is a logic to it.

The A is a lot harder this year than probably any in the past with the Oilers top line down there ripping up the league. If he is a scoring leader by the time the lockout ends, he is probably ready. Hope so, I like him and would like him to steal CMacs spot so we trade CMac and get something for him (he is tied for 12th with a bunch of guys not counting todays game).

TmlHockeyFan 11-18-2012 06:28 PM

Kadri now ties Aucoin and Kostka for most points on the team (He's played one less game than both of them but he needed it). Also he's tied for number 12 in points for the entire league (he's number 24 on the list though).

7even 11-18-2012 06:29 PM

If he can be another Tim Connolly I'll be a happy dude.

Grant 11-18-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurt (Post 55861657)
I'm still of the belief he needs to be brought up (when/if) there is a season and just let him float or sink.

I agree, I don't think he can learn anything else at the AHL level. He still has to adjust to certain things in the NHL, but I believe those things can no longer be learned in the AHL. Could ease him into the NHL maybe with sheltered scoring, but it's time that he becomes an NHLer.

eyeball11 11-18-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBaron (Post 55862815)
Minutes, they believe he is better getting first unit pp time and 18-20 minutes a game in the A then be cast in a role he is not used to on a lower line and get 10-12 mins. Not saying it is right or wrong but there is a logic to it.

The A is a lot harder this year than probably any in the past with the Oilers top line down there ripping up the league. If he is a scoring leader by the time the lockout ends, he is probably ready. Hope so, I like him and would like him to steal CMacs spot so we trade CMac and get something for him (he is tied for 12th with a bunch of guys not counting todays game).

The thing is you develop your defensive game there plus you use him on the PP to bolster his minutes.

charliolemieux 11-18-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBaron (Post 55862815)
Minutes, they believe he is better getting first unit pp time and 18-20 minutes a game in the A then be cast in a role he is not used to on a lower line and get 10-12 mins. Not saying it is right or wrong but there is a logic to it.

The A is a lot harder this year than probably any in the past with the Oilers top line down there ripping up the league. If he is a scoring leader by the time the lockout ends, he is probably ready. Hope so, I like him and would like him to steal CMacs spot so we trade CMac and get something for him (he is tied for 12th with a bunch of guys not counting todays game).

NO it was not minutes. It was because They were following BUrkes old 6 and 6 philosophy, that I hear he since has re-thought.

Kadri wasn't truculent or physical or defensive enough to play on the 3rd line and too inconsistant or something to play in the top 6. HE basically he had to bump Bozak out of the #1 center spot to stay up.

He was easily better than 4 or 5 of the guys in our bottom six the last 2 years.

WhatASaveDave 11-18-2012 06:45 PM

Kadri looked nhl ready since his last callup

BlueBaron 11-18-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliolemieux (Post 55863167)
NO it was not minutes. It was because They were following BUrkes old 6 and 6 philosophy, that I hear he since has re-thought.

Kadri wasn't truculent or physical or defensive enough to play on the 3rd line and too inconsistant or something to play in the top 6. HE basically he had to bump Bozak out of the #1 center spot to stay up.

He was easily better than 4 or 5 of the guys in our bottom six the last 2 years.

He scrapped that philosophy at the start of last season when he had lombardi's and connolly's on the 3rd line. You're a year late.

Grant 11-18-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliolemieux (Post 55863167)
NO it was not minutes. It was because They were following BUrkes old 6 and 6 philosophy, that I hear he since has re-thought.

Kadri wasn't truculent or physical or defensive enough to play on the 3rd line and too inconsistant or something to play in the top 6. HE basically he had to bump Bozak out of the #1 center spot to stay up.

He was easily better than 4 or 5 of the guys in our bottom six the last 2 years.

Yes, in that interview on TVO on the Agenda he I remember him saying that the league has changed to a top 8/9 and bottom 3/4.

I believe you should want 2 lines of big physical guys I think, but you want one of the lines to be skilled too. Frattin comes to mind for me as a player that would fit in this category. Not sure if that is how Burke feels though haha.

crump 11-18-2012 06:54 PM

Sharing the lead in points on Marlies now. (14)
2 points behind B. Schenn in overall league points and has scratched his way into a tie for top 20 scoring points in the AHL.

Slow start, but he is ripping it up now.

charliolemieux 11-18-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crump (Post 55863483)
Sharing the lead in points on Marlies now. (14)
2 points behind B. Schenn in overall league points and has scratched his way into a tie for top 20 scoring points in the AHL.

Slow start, but he is ripping it up now.

Just has to keep it up.

Consistancy is the key.

Leafidelity 11-18-2012 07:07 PM

Kadri is and has always been fine. I don't know why this site has such a love affair with putting the bust label on players.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.