HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Coyotes - Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1284981)

Morlesio14* 11-18-2012 04:45 PM

Coyotes - Sabres

To Phoenix: Tyler Myers

To Buffalo: Brandon Gormley, Lucas lessio, 2nd round pick, (mabye late round pick)

Why for Buffalo: Get a good offensive defenceman, Good centre prospect.

Why for Phoenix: Get a good defensive Dman because they have a generally offensive D core (Yandle, Ekman Larson)

Do you think it's good valuewise? Mabye i should have left out the pick.

Avs44 11-18-2012 04:55 PM

I don't think your going to find a single Buffalo fan liking this...

Vipers31 11-18-2012 04:57 PM

It's one of those proposals that includes way, way too little to motivate one team to consider trading their proven asset for a mystery box which they'd hope to turn into what they're just giving away.

Zip15 11-18-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipers31 (Post 55862207)
It's one of those proposals that includes way, way too little to motivate one team to consider trading their proven asset for a mystery box which they'd hope to turn into what they're just giving away.

Pretty much. Gormley is a nice prospect, obviously, but we'll keep Myers. This trade would be like if Buffalo offered McNabb + Catenacci + 2nd for OEL; it's a nice package, but it's not going to convince the team to give up the best player in the deal.

Prairie Habs 11-18-2012 05:36 PM

Buffalo doesn't do this but I wouldn't really be looking to sell the farm on Myers if I was in need of a defensive D. Just because he is big doesn't make him a shutdown D.

1972 11-18-2012 05:43 PM

Obviously Buffalo doesnt consider moving Myers. Its about as likely as PHX moving OEL.

Sciamachy 11-18-2012 06:26 PM

No reason for the Yotes to trade for a dman whatsoever, let alone one of our top prospects. Klesla and Michalek can handle a lot of the defensive responsibilities.

BonkTastic 11-18-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sceva Sct (Post 55864337)
No reason for the Yotes to trade for a dman whatsoever, let alone one of our top prospects. Klesla and Michalek can handle a lot of the defensive responsibilities.

Seriously. Phoenix's back end looks amazingly deep. If Gormley is on the move, it'll be for an offensive prospect to shore up a serious deficiency in that department.

tsujimoto74 11-18-2012 07:39 PM

Value's not even close for Buffalo, and I don't see why PHX would be looking to trade for another young defender anyway. If anything, it seems like they should want to move some of their D depth for more help up front.

CC96 11-19-2012 12:44 AM

If Maloney's trading Gormley, it would most likely have to be for a highly touted forward prospect. We're very deep on defense in PHX

HiddenInLight 11-19-2012 05:52 AM

This deal is laughable.

Sterling31 11-19-2012 07:59 AM

Lessio plays wing.

Myers is worth more than just quantity.

MichiganWolverines 11-19-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avs44 (Post 55862161)
I don't think your going to find a single Buffalo fan liking this...

*You're.

I can't see Buffalo trading Tyler Myers. It's rare to see a 6'8" defenceman have the skill set that he has.

rt 11-19-2012 10:09 AM

Phoenix obviously acquires the more valuable asset, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense in terms of fit. Doesn't really make any sense for Buffalo on any front.

I mean, I might do it as a Phoenix fan if we had another deal lined up to immediately flip Myers. Like maybe to Philly for Couturier, or somebody. Doesn't matter, though, because buffalo would never go for it.

TOGuy14 11-19-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morlesio14 (Post 55861931)

To Buffalo: Brandon Gormley, Lucas lessio, 2nd round pick, (mabye late round pick)

Why for Phoenix: Get a good defensive Dman because they have a generally offensive D core (Yandle, Ekman Larson)

Would Phoenix trade OEL for a package around something like Ennis, McNabb and a 2nd?

couture23 11-19-2012 01:05 PM

No thanks, Myers isn't going anywhere.

OT OEL 11-19-2012 01:19 PM

Even though this would be a steal for phoenix, it doesn't make any sense for us to trade Defensemen for Defensemen when our problems are up front.

DJN21 11-19-2012 02:04 PM

since when is Myers a great defensive defense-man and not offensive? Granted he had an injury plagued down year last year but I have to say given how soft he plays and the seemingly sheltered offensive minutes compared to Regher and Sekera Id say he falls into the offensive category himself

Minnesota 11-19-2012 02:18 PM

Quality vs. Quantity.

Nope from Buffalo.

tsujimoto74 11-19-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJN21 (Post 55882041)
since when is Myers a great defensive defense-man and not offensive? Granted he had an injury plagued down year last year but I have to say given how soft he plays and the seemingly sheltered offensive minutes compared to Regher and Sekera Id say he falls into the offensive category himself

Soft? No. His physical game is still developing, since he's still growing into that massive frame of his, but he's not a player I'd call "soft".

I'd also venture that the biggest reason he gets more sheltered minutes now than his rookie year is because Leopold needs it, where Tallinder obviously didn't.

hlaverty06 11-19-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Run.......they're coming

stokes84 11-19-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJN21 (Post 55882041)

So sheltered that he constantly plays the most PK time out of all Buffalo defenseman. :shakehead

You do realize that there are many variables as to why a guy gets certain zone starts and line matchup, right?

BylsMafia 11-19-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

This makes no sense, why would Buffalo trade their #1 Defenseman when they drafted Grigorenko and Girgensons in this years draft

/thread

DJN21 11-19-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stokes84 (Post 55884761)
So sheltered that he constantly plays the most PK time out of all Buffalo defenseman. :shakehead

You do realize that there are many variables as to why a guy gets certain zone starts and line matchup, right?

and gets the 3rd more offensive zone starts, second most pp starts. has the highest primary assist totals, and finishes just behind Christina Ehrhoff in PP60 amongst many other stats that go to show my basic point that Myers is an offensive defense man.

Can Myers develop into a top shutdown/defensive minded guy? Absolutely, but he's not now.

Can Myers turn into someone who isn't viewed as at least "soft" for his size? Again absolutely once he figures out that he has authority over the guys smaller than him but unfortunately thats not him now, a few highlight reel hits(arguably both being moderately defensive reaction not offensive in nature) doesnt change that fact that he isn't physically imposing yet.

What he does do well is use his reach and large frame well for positioning somethng that may prove to be his biggest strength in the longterm.

Not saying I completely disagree with you guys at all, just dont like the label "defensive" being used to describe him at this point, because its his offensive game that makes him special. Cheers

HiddenInLight 11-20-2012 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJN21 (Post 55888503)
and gets the 3rd more offensive zone starts, second most pp starts. has the highest primary assist totals, and finishes just behind Christina Ehrhoff in PP60 amongst many other stats that go to show my basic point that Myers is an offensive defense man.

Can Myers develop into a top shutdown/defensive minded guy? Absolutely, but he's not now.

Can Myers turn into someone who isn't viewed as at least "soft" for his size? Again absolutely once he figures out that he has authority over the guys smaller than him but unfortunately thats not him now, a few highlight reel hits(arguably both being moderately defensive reaction not offensive in nature) doesnt change that fact that he isn't physically imposing yet.

What he does do well is use his reach and large frame well for positioning somethng that may prove to be his biggest strength in the longterm.

Not saying I completely disagree with you guys at all, just dont like the label "defensive" being used to describe him at this point, because its his offensive game that makes him special. Cheers

I personally think that he will eventually round out his abilities, and be a player that can excell on both sides of the puck, making him and Sekera a scary pairing in the future.