HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   OT: The OT Non-Ski Resort - The Walking Dead Edition (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1285117)

Royal Canuck 11-18-2012 11:22 PM

The OT Non-Ski Resort - The Walking Dead Edition
 
http://www.afterelton.com/sites/www....dead-city.jpeg

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/wp-content...on-picture.jpg

http://ewinsidetv.files.wordpress.co...pg?w=510&h=317

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...g-Dead-008.jpg

Continue! :)

Vankiller Whale 11-18-2012 11:27 PM

Just finished watching the episode. Interesting stuff.

Spoil:
So I'm still not 100% sure, he was hallucinating the phone call, right?

Nuckles 11-18-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 55872219)
Just finished watching the episode. Interesting stuff.

Spoil:
So I'm still not 100% sure, he was hallucinating the phone call, right?


Spoil:
Yep. Unless people who died came back to life, and there is somehow electricity in the prison, and they somehow knew the phone number to the prison, and Rick just happened to be next to the phone when they called.

Reverend Mayhem 11-18-2012 11:46 PM

Finally. That gamer edition was too much. :laugh:

Royal Canuck 11-19-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuckles37 (Post 55872369)
Spoil:
Yep. Unless people who died came back to life, and there is somehow electricity in the prison, and they somehow knew the phone number to the prison, and Rick just happened to be next to the phone when they called.

Spoil:
Yeah, If you noticed, the last two voices were Shane and Lori. With Michonne finding Rick and the prison, and with Glenn and Maggie kidnapped by Merle, Andrea will also be rounded up by Merle and the 4 will venture to the prison in search of Michonne. The Governor will also go after the group for Andrea who has been kidnapped by Merle. That should be the episode after the next one. Again, this is just speculation.


Just a speculation, but there needs to be a spoil involved with tonight's show for it to make sense.

Vankiller Whale 11-19-2012 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuckles37 (Post 55872369)
Spoil:
Yep. Unless people who died came back to life, and there is somehow electricity in the prison, and they somehow knew the phone number to the prison, and Rick just happened to be next to the phone when they called.

Spoil:
Well, she mentioned she had been trying random phone numbers to see if any would work. And if the prison siren was able to work, why couldn't the phone? I think there was some static when Herschel was on the phone as well. Rick had been standing next to the phone for hours, so it's not ridiculously impossible.

And I was half expecting the woman to be Andrea playing mind games with Rick(under the supervision of the Governor) to try to ascertain the state Rick and his party was in.

But hallucination seems a lot more likely.

Royal Canuck 11-19-2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 55872799)
Spoil:
Well, she mentioned she had been trying random phone numbers to see if any would work. And if the prison siren was able to work, why couldn't the phone? I think there was some static when Herschel was on the phone as well. Rick had been standing next to the phone for hours, so it's not ridiculously impossible.

And I was half expecting the woman to be Andrea playing mind games with Rick(under the supervision of the Governor) to try to ascertain the state Rick and his party was in.

But hallucination seems a lot more likely.

Spoil:
Andrea and the governor have no clue about Rick and the group at the prison. For all Andrea knows, they're dead. Plus, how would Andrea know that Lori was dead? The voice knew everything about Rick and what he's gone through. It was just his head playing games with him.
The last two voices were Shane and Lori, I know it.

Vankiller Whale 11-19-2012 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Canuck (Post 55872871)
Spoil:
Andrea and the governor have no clue about Rick and the group at the prison. For all Andrea knows, they're dead. Plus, how would Andrea know that Lori was dead? The voice knew everything about Rick and what he's gone through. It was just his head playing games with him.
The last two voices were Shane and Lori, I know it.

Spoil:
Ah, but Merle had just captured Maggie and Glenn. At least, I think that was the chronology. Not sure that it matters, as hallucination makes a lot more sense than my convoluted conspiracy theory.

Royal Canuck 11-19-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 55872919)
Spoil:
Ah, but Merle had just captured Maggie and Glenn. At least, I think that was the chronology. Not sure that it matters, as hallucination makes a lot more sense than my convoluted conspiracy theory.

Spoil:
The Governor and the group have no idea about Rick and the Prison... Yet.

I in the Eye 11-19-2012 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 55872799)
Spoil:
Well, she mentioned she had been trying random phone numbers to see if any would work. And if the prison siren was able to work, why couldn't the phone? I think there was some static when Herschel was on the phone as well. Rick had been standing next to the phone for hours, so it's not ridiculously impossible.

And I was half expecting the woman to be Andrea playing mind games with Rick(under the supervision of the Governor) to try to ascertain the state Rick and his party was in.

But hallucination seems a lot more likely.

Spoil:
I'm thinking the first two calls could be legit... Hershel didn't say anything when he picked up the phone (i.e. there isn't a dial tone, Rick), and I could see Rick losing it (even more) if he thinks his actions stopped the group from finding a better place (through not talking about the death of his wife... First two calls could have been legit, IMO... Then, Rick screws up, and the rest of the calls, hallucinations... Either that, or all of the calls hallucinations... A lot of time put into the phone calls, if it ends up just being hallucinations though... I'm thinking it's a plot point (we already know that Rick is losing it... Playing out the hallucinations card, for as much screen time as it has, is overkill, IMO)

PG Canuck 11-19-2012 02:01 AM

Thank you everyone for the spoilers.

Royal Canuck 11-19-2012 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PG Canuck (Post 55873641)
Thank you everyone for the spoilers.

No worries! :)

Nuckles 11-19-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PG Canuck (Post 55873641)
Thank you everyone for the spoilers.

Snape kills Dumbledore.
:sarcasm:

Mr. Canucklehead 11-19-2012 10:57 AM

That was a pretty awesome episode of TWD. Next week looks killer as well.

Spoil:
The phone calls were definitely a hallucination and a sign of Rick cracking under the stress. The voices belonged to Amy, Jim, Jacqui and Lori - all survivors from Atlanta.

I was a little surprised that Merle leapt so quickly to the method he did of trying to "persuade" Glenn and Maggie to tell him where Darryl is. He's never been the brightest, but I just can't really see his thought process here. "Hey, here's someone who knows where my brother is. Hm, they're hesitant - I'd better kidnap them and beat the tar out of them! That'll make them want to talk!"

The moment that actually gave me the biggest chill was the look on the Governor's face when Merle reported that he had failed to bring back Michonne's head. That was a really menacing glare.

Vankiller Whale 11-19-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead (Post 55878031)
That was a pretty awesome episode of TWD. Next week looks killer as well.

Spoil:
I was a little surprised that Merle leapt so quickly to the method he did of trying to "persuade" Glenn and Maggie to tell him where Darryl is. He's never been the brightest, but I just can't really see his thought process here. "Hey, here's someone who knows where my brother is. Hm, they're hesitant - I'd better kidnap them and beat the tar out of them! That'll make them want to talk!"

Spoil:
I think his goal was to find where they were located, meeting his brother was just a ruse. Once he saw that they weren't going to trust him, he realized the only way he could get the location from them would be to capture them. Otherwise if they went back and brought Darryl, it's doubtful he could have overpowered them.

I doubt there's any lost love between Merle and Darryl.

Royal Canuck 11-19-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 55878951)
Spoil:
I think his goal was to find where they were located, meeting his brother was just a ruse. Once he saw that they weren't going to trust him, he realized the only way he could get the location from them would be to capture them. Otherwise if they went back and brought Darryl, it's doubtful he could have overpowered them.

I doubt there's any lost love between Merle and Darryl.

Spoil:
Daryl possibly killing Merle in the near future? :dunno:

Vankiller Whale 11-19-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Canuck (Post 55881313)
Spoil:
Daryl possibly killing Merle in the near future? :dunno:

Spoil:
Certainly possible, but I have a feeling Merle will meet his end via zombies in some form. Karma and all. Not that either way Merle meets his end excludes the other.

hlrsr 11-19-2012 02:16 PM

Wooaaaaahhhh flooding at the hospital in Surrey.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/flooding-at-sur...l-er-1.1044550

YEAHYEAH, take your Surrey shot. Jerks.

Scottrockztheworld* 11-19-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlrsr (Post 55882435)
Wooaaaaahhhh flooding at the hospital in Surrey.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/flooding-at-sur...l-er-1.1044550

YEAHYEAH, take your Surrey shot. Jerks.

wow the first post for people who havent seen the Walking Dead can read :laugh:

I hope its ok to re-post this as the last OT thread was opened for only like 10 posts after I posted it & its quite important:

Quote:

thanks to Mr. Canucklehead & Chairman Maouth for figuring things out and allowing me to post this:


I've got 2 extra Paul McCartney tickets for the Sunday Nov 25th show at BC Place, if anyone has interest in them please PM me & we can sort out certain details!

Reverend Mayhem 11-19-2012 03:22 PM

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townn...74c2.image.jpg

That doesn't watch the Walking Dead or game?

Mr. Canucklehead 11-19-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Canuck (Post 55881313)
Spoil:
Daryl possibly killing Merle in the near future? :dunno:

I think...

Spoil:
...that is ultimately what will happen, if for no other reason than it will make awesome television.

I was saying last night, it's interesting to see how Merle and Darryl have evolved. I think they were both sort of hillbilly/redneck before, but Merle has really taken it down the more violent, psychopathic side whereas Darryl was really able to reign it in and become a strong, morally centered person.

Any chance of the Prison/Woodbury sides getting along have been virtually obliterated by Merle, as well. Shooting Michonne, kidnapping Maggie and Glenn...even if the Governor distanced himself from Merle (and what kind of TV would that be?), it's still going to be war.

Vankiller Whale 11-19-2012 04:09 PM

Spoil:
I'll be honest, the Governor is too much of a wack job to be realistic, imo. Keeping peoples severed heads, taking care of zombie children, killing anyone who isn't a part of his group. One of those would be pushing it. All of those just makes me think. :loony:.

Although it still makes for a great plot and stuff to build on for future episodes. I hope that they do eventually come up with a better explanation than that he's just insane.

DennisReynolds 11-19-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem (Post 55884515)
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townn...74c2.image.jpg

That doesn't watch the Walking Dead or game?

It's the most over-hyped overrated TV Show of all time so probably.

craigcaulks* 11-19-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlrsr (Post 55882435)
Wooaaaaahhhh flooding at the hospital in Surrey.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/flooding-at-sur...l-er-1.1044550

YEAHYEAH, take your Surrey shot. Jerks.

Ok.

It's still probably the cleanest place in the whole city.

Mr. Canucklehead 11-19-2012 05:42 PM

So to post something un-spoiler related...

Had two hockey games this weekend with no subs. Just 5 guys. On Sunday, we played a team that had a full bench, but we managed to lose only 6-5. 60 minutes of ice in both nights. I feel like my limbs are going to fall off.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.