HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Leafs Top Prospects (Fan Poll) #14 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=128707)

MLSE 02-10-2005 07:31 PM

Leafs Top Prospects (Fan Poll) #14

Leafs Top Prospects (Fan Poll) #14

1) Carlo Colaiacovo (71.05%)
2) Alexander Steen (80%+)
3) Kyle Wellwood (54.84%)
4) Ian White (30.23%)
5) Robert Earl (40%)
6) Dmitri Vorobiev (39.47%)
7) Brendan Bell (48.78%)
8) Jeremy Williams (60%)
9) John Mitchell (70%+)
10) Martin Sagat (31.03%)
11) Jean-Francois Racine (35.71%)
12) Justin Pogge (Tie-Breaker Winner)
13) Jay Harrison (Tie-Breaker Loser)

Who do you think is the #14?

Say who you think should be added. (say 1 person to be added)

leafaholix* 02-10-2005 07:36 PM

Doherty's upside should have him at #14.

But really, for me it's a toss up between D'Amour, Ford, Doherty, or Volkov. I just like Doherty's talent much better than any other prospect not in the top 2.

Add: Steber

Joey24 02-10-2005 07:49 PM

For me it is D'Amour. He has all the tools to be a top defenceman weather or not he can put it all together is yet to be seen. The fact that he is a great skater, has a lazer shot, can play both ends of the rink with a top knotch game. He can Fight, Hit and clear the front of the net with his huge frame. Sure Doherty has upside but I don't see his upside being any better then D'Amour and for me I think D'Amour's game is way ahead of Doherty's.

Verbal Kint* 02-10-2005 07:49 PM

Kronwall

leafaholix* 02-10-2005 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey24
For me it is D'Amour. He has all the tools to be a top defenceman weather or not he can put it all together is yet to be seen. The fact that he is a great skater, has a lazer shot, can play both ends of the rink with a top knotch game. He can Fight, Hit and clear the front of the net with his huge frame. Sure Doherty has upside but I don't see his upside being any better then D'Amour and for me I think D'Amour's game is way ahead of Doherty's.

Doherty's talent level is equivalent to Colaiacovo's, D'Amour's (one of my favourite prospects) is not.

A top defenseman (D'Amour)? I doubt it, but he has potential to be a similar type of defenseman to Andy Sutton, a good #3/4 guy.

Leaf Army 02-10-2005 07:51 PM

Ben Ondrus.

Very limited upside, but he's as NHL ready as anyone else on that list and he's a valuable player for St. John's.

Add: Tyson Marsh

Dark Knight 02-10-2005 08:08 PM

Konstantin Volkov for me.

He was said to be a potential 1st-2nd rounder and a steal where we actually got him. I havent seen him but i've heard nothing but good things about him.

Twist and Shout 02-10-2005 08:09 PM

Konstantin Volkov

Add Jan Steber.

Leaf Army 02-10-2005 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaDdY
Konstantin Volkov for me.

He was said to be a potential 1st-2nd rounder and a steal where we actually got him. I havent seen him but i've heard nothing but good things about him.

Except no one seems to know where/if he's playing this year. There's no way he should be #14 on our prospect list.

leafaholix* 02-10-2005 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf Army
Except no one seems to know where/if he's playing this year. There's no way he should be #14 on our prospect list.

He was #14 among International talents in one of the deepest NHL drafts ever.

Leaf Army 02-10-2005 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl O'Steen
He was #14 among International talents in one of the deepest NHL drafts ever.

Well I'm not disputing that he has talent.

But I'd feel a lot better about the guy if someone could tell us where he's playing. Or if he isn't playing, why he isn't playing. I mean this is not a good thing for a prospect.

For all we know, he could have given up hockey and be pumping gas in downtown St. Petersburg.

leafaholix* 02-10-2005 08:42 PM

Quote:

But I'd feel a lot better about the guy if someone could tell us where he's playing. Or if he isn't playing, why he isn't playing. I mean this is not a good thing for a prospect.

For all we know, he could have given up hockey and be pumping gas in downtown St. Petersburg.

Even then he should be ahead of Andy Wozniewski.

stugotz 02-10-2005 09:18 PM

Im thinking Volkov, with Doherty and D'amour close behind

add Steber (who is a freight train in the hitting department)

MLSE 02-10-2005 09:20 PM

D'Amour... I liked this kid from the first game I saw him play, he's got a lot of tools to work with and if he can put it together he'll be solid.

leaflover 02-10-2005 10:46 PM

Quote:

Cant find any stats but he's apparently on Novokuznetsk Metallurg's roster.

Leaf Army 02-10-2005 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leaflover
Cant find any stats but he's apparently on Novokuznetsk Metallurg's roster.

He was loaned to them at the beginning of the year by Lada.

The loan was supposedly for the season, but hockeydb has him listed as no longer on the active roster.

Other than that, I know nothing.

Mess 02-10-2005 11:43 PM

Quote:

He was loaned to them at the beginning of the year by Lada.

The loan was supposedly for the season, but hockeydb has him listed as no longer on the active roster.

Other than that, I know nothing.

A little info :

Konstantin Volkov

http://www.russianprospects.com/publ...?player_id=164

BuppY 02-11-2005 05:25 AM

Staffan Kronwall!!

HalifaxHit 02-11-2005 04:56 PM

D'Amour