HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Seven players to victory (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1287429)

Galchenfou 11-19-2012 09:25 PM

Seven players to victory
 
Lets say theres a major rearrangement in the league and everyone is scrambled except for seven players. Who would you build your team around ? I want to know your decision as I cant stop my choice to seven precise names. I would have to go with

Spezza
Karlsson
Michalek
Cowen
Silfverberg
Zibanejad
Lehner/Ceci/Turris/Stone

Need your help !

Benny FTW 11-19-2012 09:30 PM

Spezza
Karlsson
Cowen
Turris
Lehner
Michalek
Zibanejad

Leave Spezza Alone 11-19-2012 09:31 PM

Spezza
Karlsson
Cowen
Turris
Zibanejad
Silfverberg
Lehner

ARed 11-19-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakob Silfverberg (Post 55894789)
Spezza
Karlsson
Cowen
Turris
Zibanejad
Silfverberg
Lehner

That's my vote. Considering there is a reshuffle, we can find solid vets elsewhere.

Qward 11-19-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakob Silfverberg (Post 55894789)
Spezza
Karlsson
Cowen
Turris
Zibanejad
Silfverberg
Lehner

This

saskriders 11-19-2012 09:37 PM

Spezza
Karlsson
Turris
Lehner
Silf
Zib
Cowen

Tyskie 11-19-2012 09:42 PM

7 players or 7 guys in the organization?

Karlsson
Spezza
Turris
Cowen
Michalek
Anderson
Smith
For NHLers.

Karlsson
Lehner
Turris
Cowen
Silfverburg
Stone
Zib
If overall.

stempniaksen 11-19-2012 09:53 PM

Spezza
Karlsson
Michalek/Turris
Cowen
Silfverberg
Zibanejad
Lehner

Galchenfou 11-19-2012 10:35 PM

Thanks for your help Im building a fantasy team

source 11-19-2012 11:30 PM

Karlsson
Spezza
Michalek
Turris
Cowen
Lehner
Silfverberg

Michalek is a more valuable asset than Zibanejad.

OmniSens 11-20-2012 02:34 PM

Spezza
Karlsson
Michalek
Lehner
Silfverberg
Turris
Cowen

Tuna99 11-20-2012 02:47 PM

Karlsson
Cowen
Lehner
Stone
Turris
Zibby
Silf

Xspyrit 11-20-2012 03:24 PM

Is it just me or I have seen some people not protecting Jason Spezza?

:laugh:

It's funny because without him we are most likely a lottery team and it showed in 2010-11 (the team mainly struggled when he wasn't playing, outside of that the team didn't have a record to draft 5th overall)


My list is :

The 5 building blocks ( 2 D, 2 C, 1 G)

Spezza
Karlsson
Cowen
Turris
Lehner

And (our 2 best Wingers when Alfie retires) :

Michalek
Silfverberg


I'm torn between Zibanejad, Stone and Silfverberg but Silver Surfer is the safest bet to be a great player

tony d 11-20-2012 04:23 PM

Spezza
Karlsson
Cowen
Michalek
Lehner
Turris
Zibanejad

CanadianHockey 11-20-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xspyrit (Post 55917137)
Is it just me or I have seen some people not protecting Jason Spezza?

Just Tuna, so technically not people, just a person.


Anyway. If it's NHL roster protection:
Spezza
Michalek
Anderson
Karlsson
Cowen
Turris
Zibby/Silfv/Stone*

* Whichever of the three is on the roster, I only anticipate one makes it to start the year

If it's the whole org:
Spezza
Karlsson
Lehner
Cowen
Zibanejad
Turris
Anderson

My logic here is to give us a solid current roster and a solid future roster, with a current star and future star at each position. We'd be banking on finding some gems in the reorganization to replace Stone/Silfv/Ceci/depth prospects.

R2010 11-20-2012 06:37 PM

Spezza
Karlsson
Cowen
Turris
Lehner
Stone - Picked him over other prospects - I go with hockey sense above most other tools.
Michalek

saskriders 11-20-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob1989 (Post 55922395)
Spezza
Karlsson
Cowen
Turris
Lehner
Stone - Picked him over other prospects - I go with hockey sense above most other tools.
Michalek

I think Silf has the best hockey sense of the big 5 prospects

Xspyrit 11-21-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianHockey (Post 55920415)
Just Tuna, so technically not people, just a person.

Well... not that it's very important but :

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyskie (Post 55895129)
7 players or 7 guys in the organization?

Karlsson
Spezza
Turris
Cowen
Michalek
Anderson
Smith
For NHLers.

Karlsson
Lehner
Turris
Cowen
Silfverburg
Stone
Zib
If overall
.


Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianHockey (Post 55920415)
Anyway. If it's NHL roster protection:
Spezza
Michalek
Anderson
Karlsson
Cowen
Turris
Zibby/Silfv/Stone*

* Whichever of the three is on the roster, I only anticipate one makes it to start the year

If it's the whole org:
Spezza
Karlsson
Lehner
Cowen
Zibanejad
Turris
Anderson

My logic here is to give us a solid current roster and a solid future roster, with a current star and future star at each position. We'd be banking on finding some gems in the reorganization to replace Stone/Silfv/Ceci/depth prospects.

Interesting that you'd save Zibanejad over Stone or Silfverberg (maybe we should make a poll Okay I'll do it)

Also, I don't think we should (hypothetically) save 2 goalies... We're talking about 1 position (only 1 goalie per game) vs 12 forwards and 6 D-men

We'd be losing another key player or prospect (Michalek, Stone, Silfverberg, Ceci...) to save both goalies

Galchenfou 11-24-2012 03:53 PM

If you guys wanna know I started this whole thread for a fantasy league. I kinda wanted to try to win this cause its for fun right. So here are the seven Ive chosen

Spezza
Michalek
Karlsson
Anderson
Silfverberg
Zibanejad
Cowen

And yet Ive been able to select Nathan Horton and Michael Ryder. Cant wait to see the remaining picks. My friend got Chicago and his team looks crazy now :

Kane - Toews - Hossa
Burrows - Ribeiro - Sharp

Keith - Seabrook

Crawford

Minister of Offence 11-24-2012 04:25 PM

I thnik most guys have said what I'd want but I'd be torn trying to fit Mark Stone in there.

Galchenfou 12-11-2012 05:41 PM

Here is the team I built so far with a couple picks remaining

Horton - Spezza - Michalek
Malone - MacDonald - Ryder
Kopecky - Sobotka - Gionta
Zibanejad - Malhotra - Silfverberg

Karlsson - Boyle
Volchenkov - Zidlicky
Greene - Cowen

Anderson
Hedberg

J. Tinordi

Edit : Its Dan Boyle (via trade for previously selected Kyle Quincey), Matt Greene


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.