HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   OTT-COL Trade proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=128747)

FTK 02-10-2005 11:22 PM

OTT-COL Trade proposal

Havlat, Schaefer

for

Tanguay, Gratton

hockeyfan125 02-10-2005 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FTK
Havlat, Schaefer

for

Tanguay, Gratton

Ewwwwy from a Sens POV.

HuskyFlames 02-10-2005 11:59 PM

I think a Tangauy/Havlat deal could be done. Not sure why though as its basically a flop of similar players. Only difference is positions.

Hossa 02-11-2005 12:04 AM

No idea why this works. I'd rather have Havlat than Tanguay and Schaefer than Gratton. Even if the next guy wouldn't, it's still a pointless flop of similar players.

RoyIsALegend* 02-11-2005 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hossa
No idea why this works. I'd rather have Havlat than Tanguay and Schaefer than Gratton. Even if the next guy wouldn't, it's still a pointless flop of similar players.

You're right, this next guy wouldn't.

Reaper45 02-11-2005 01:07 AM

Why?

Captain Conservative 02-11-2005 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FTK
Havlat, Schaefer

for

Tanguay, Gratton

I'd do that if you changed Havlat to Hossa. I don't want a dirty stick swinger like Havlat on the Avs.

bert 02-11-2005 02:06 AM

To bad we wouldnt do it then.

Swich Schaefer for White and you have a deal.

Tanguay Gratton for Havlat White?

Epsilon 02-11-2005 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Conservative
I'd do that if you changed Havlat to Hossa. I don't want a dirty stick swinger like Havlat on the Avs.

:lol:

First of all, Hossa is worth far more than Tanguay. Next, your second statement is ridiculous. A team that has employed Peter Forsberg and Claude Lemieux, among others, doesn't want "dirty" players? Save the holier-than-thou garbage for a situation where it actually applies.

RoyIsALegend* 02-11-2005 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epsilon
:lol:

First of all, Hossa is worth far more than Tanguay.

Worth 'far more?'

Justify this statement.

Please.

Safir* 02-11-2005 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FTK
Havlat, Schaefer

for

Tanguay, Gratton

What? :amazed: :shakehead

bert 02-11-2005 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
Worth 'far more?'

Justify this statement.

Please.

You have to be kidding me

Classic Devil 02-11-2005 05:58 AM

Quote:

Worth 'far more?'

Justify this statement.

Please.

Hossa is worth about two Tanguays.

andora 02-11-2005 06:00 AM

huge no from an avs fan, i think tanguay IS a better player than havlat, and will be a better player...

the schaefer/gratton stuff i don't care about, as the first part is all i need to read

Enoch 02-11-2005 09:21 AM

Tanguay is a better player than Havlat, and he is a proven winner at a higher stage.

Also, Gratton brings a heck of a lot more to the Avs team than Schaeffer would, especially with Nikolishin going back over to Russia.

Sens win this deal quite easily. They get bigger at center and better at faceoffs. Schaeffer is a good player, but a player like Gratton is of more importance in the playoffs. They also unload one of their three RWs and gain one of the premier LWers in this league in Tanguay, who can produce at over a PPG clip in this league. Muckler would be all over this deal - He gets tougher, and better.....

briman 02-11-2005 09:25 AM

As an Ottawa fan, and A Tanguay fan, I'd like to see this trade. I'm not shure if Graton would make it worth while. Maybe a prospect would be a better equalizer if Schaefer is to be thrown in.

Dark Knight 02-11-2005 09:38 AM

How about Havlat- Schaefer for Hejduk

briman 02-11-2005 09:50 AM

You have yourself a deal.

It Kills Me 02-11-2005 09:51 AM

How about Hossa for Tanguay and Gratton. Add some fillers if you feel like it. I'd also say that I'd defineatly take Tanguay over Havlat.

Ismellofhockey 02-11-2005 10:28 AM

There's no doubt that Tanguay is a special player, his success in the playoffs makes him even more valuable but he's also 2 years older than Havlat with a much heftier contract.
Havlat's been pretty good in the playoffs too and he hasn't played on Sakic's wing.

I don't see why Colorado would make the deal unless a cap forces them to shed salary and Tanguay doesn't address Ottawa's need of a PF though he does provide playoff scoring from the LW.

But can Tanguay be as successful without Sakic? Havlat's too much to ask from Ottawa to answer that question when Tanguay isn't a PF and costs so much.

I guess neither Colorado or Ottawa are inclined to make this deal though the value seems closer than most here admit to.

Darth Milbury 02-11-2005 10:41 AM

Quote:

Worth 'far more?'

Justify this statement.

Please.

Hossa is the much better player and he has a lot more market value. Makes perfect sense to me...

Sonny Lamateena 02-11-2005 11:12 AM

I've always felt much of Tanguay's success was a product of his linemates. I think Havlat is a much better player and switching teams would result in a significant decrease in Tanguays point production and an explosion in Havlats. Schaefer and Gratton are close in value, and Ottawa could use some size down the middle so i'de do that trade one for one.

Darth Milbury 02-11-2005 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonny Lamateena
I've always felt much of Tanguay's success was a product of his linemates. I think Havlat is a much better player and switching teams would result in a significant decrease in Tanguays point production and an explosion in Havlats. Schaefer and Gratton are close in value, and Ottawa could use some size down the middle so i'de do that trade one for one.

I'd have to disagree with that. In fact, I think that Tanguay is a gifed playmaker, and he elevates the offensive abilities of players around him more than the other way around.

I do think Havlat will be as good as Tanguay in time, but I don't think that Tanguay's accomplishments should be dismissed as the product of high level teammates.

SoundwaveIsCharisma 02-11-2005 11:28 AM

Pretty sure most of you didn't follow the Avs last year, because last year Tanguay played amazing. The fact that people still use the excuse that he's a product of his linemates is a joke, he created so many chances on his own (one of the main reasons he led the league in points for a bit), and used his linemates effectively. There was a stretch where either Forsberg or Sakic were out or old cold streaks and Tanger basically did everything by himself.

That said, it does depend on your team needs, Tanguay's a good playmaker, while I see Havlat as a more creative goal scorer. (Of course we wouldn't be having this discussion if the Avs drafting has sucked over the last few years...Kuleshov over Havlat Why!?)

Edit: Err...Darth got to it before I did.

Sonny Lamateena 02-11-2005 11:45 AM

I'm not disputing Tanguay isn't talented, i'm just saying he's not as talented as his linemates. If i needed a goal in the last minute, i'de rather have any combination of Hejduk, Forsberg or Sakic over Tanguay. Also i think if you add two years of development to Havlat and put him on last years avs team he produces better numbers then Tanguay did, actually even without the two years of development he outscores him on that team. Bottom line Havlat is a better player right now.