HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Leo Komarov loaned to Dynamo Moscow (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1287817)

rj24 11-20-2012 10:28 AM

Leo Komarov loaned to Dynamo Moscow

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news....id=DL|TOR|home

Sucks, was enjoying his play with the Marlies

mrburke 11-20-2012 10:44 AM

Hopefully they were able to figure out a way to be able to bring him back if this season ever starts.

ACC1224 11-20-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrburke (Post 55903873)
Hopefully they were able to figure out a way to be able to bring him back if this season ever starts.

I'm assuming that's what "loaned" means.

HOCKEYGOON 11-20-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrburke (Post 55903873)

Isn't that what "loaned" means?

It'll be a blow to the Marlies but it was nice seeing that he can play and I fully expect him to be on the Leafs fourth line should the NHL resume this year.

ACC1224 11-20-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOCKEYGOON (Post 55903921)
Isn't that what "loaned" means?

It'll be a blow to the Marlies but it was nice seeing that he can play and I fully expect him to be on the Leafs fourth line should the NHL resume this year.

I don't think there is any doubt of that. He is definately an NHL player.

mrburke 11-20-2012 10:52 AM

I am as well but I would liked it if it had been made official in the release haha

Cool Beans Man 11-20-2012 11:06 AM

Good news for Brad Ross. That's a positive.

HockeyCrazed101 11-20-2012 11:16 AM

The use of the term 'loaned' makes me quite happy.

Mess 11-20-2012 11:33 AM

Leo certainly proved his game is transferable to the smaller ice and North American pro style game by his success at the AHL level.

Only thing left to prove now is what kind of impact he can have at the NHL level when the lockout ends and he returns.

vorky 11-20-2012 11:34 AM

I am not sure, Filatov was also "loaned" and not coming back

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER 11-20-2012 11:34 AM

At least he got some experience in North America with the Marlies and hopefully this lockout will end soon so he can get a chance with the Maple Leafs.

samwitch 11-20-2012 11:39 AM

I hope Abbott gets more ice-time.

Paris in Flames 11-20-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vorky (Post 55904861)

Do people want Filatov back? :sarcasm:

bansheebeat 11-20-2012 11:57 AM

Obviously this is a longshot, but what are the chances they could bring him back for the playoffs? When does the KHL season end?

HockeyGuruPitka 11-20-2012 12:06 PM

I wonder what the main reason's were... closer to home? better league? all of the above?

He was starting to adjust quite nicely. Looked like a man among boys at times. Made a great hit at the end of game 3 on the weekend. Somehow was penalized. However it was some of the worst reffing i had ever seen. Boyce looks to be tripped and is the only one who falls and he himself gets called for tripping. I felt bad for Hamilton, but the refs made up for it.

ACC1224 11-20-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka (Post 55905539)
I wonder what the main reason's were... closer to home? better league? all of the above?

He was starting to adjust quite nicely. Looked like a man among boys at times. Made a great hit at the end of game 3 on the weekend. Somehow was penalized. However it was some of the worst reffing i had ever seen. Boyce looks to be tripped and is the only one who falls and he himself gets called for tripping. I felt bad for Hamilton, but the refs made up for it.

$$$$$$$$$$

Terrence 11-20-2012 12:21 PM

Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets

Leo komarov flies to moscow today to play for dynamo. His deal will allow him to return to the leafs when the lockout ends.#marlies

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle

Told Komarov will be able to return to Toronto if/when the lockout ends. Expect him at Leafs training camp, in other words.

vorky 11-20-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bansheebeat (Post 55905315)
Obviously this is a longshot, but what are the chances they could bring him back for the playoffs? When does the KHL season end?

regular season ends mid february, play-off mid april.

Hero 11-20-2012 12:54 PM

Note, I don't think he could just come back for the Marlies playoffs.

Since he can only come back if the NHL is done it's lock out.

Jerkini 11-20-2012 01:21 PM

I like that he did this through the proper channels and was willing to play for the Marlies while the suits were getting this resolved. It's also reassuring that the KHL is more than willing to work with NHL teams in the loaning of players, etc.. Too often people look to the KHL as the big bad entity, but I'm starting to believe it's a select few selfish players making the KHL look back instead.

KuleminFan41 11-20-2012 01:42 PM

Loans are pretty common in soccer. Depending on the deal, either team can pay for the players wages or even split it in half. Also, the team to loan the player normally pays a monthly fee to loan him and more than likely are paying at least half his wages.In some cases, the team to loan a player has an option to keep that player on a permanent deal depending on if they have a deal in place should they want to keep him etc. But most of the time, you'll loan out a player to gain first team exposure then hopfully he comes back more groomed and more ready to play for you. Sometimes you loan them out a couple years to do so

Not sure how it works here in hockey, but I can't see it being much different

Myke 11-20-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka (Post 55905539)

He came here to play in the NHL and the Leafs/Marlies knew that. Why would he leave the top league in Russia to play for a farm team? Makes sense to loan him out as it keeps him happy and us in his good books when the season finally starts.

Aplayaz2000 11-20-2012 03:32 PM

it can go two ways

hes not needed so he gets loaned
he's skilled enough that we want him in KHL

htpwn 11-20-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

He said in the interview that he had every intention to return to North America if and when the lockout is lifted.

blasted_Sabre 11-20-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Theres a pretty vast differance between these circumstances.

Just watched an interview with him on LeafsTV. Seems pretty sincere and looks he could be a third Schenn brother :laugh: