HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Comrie to Ottawa? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=12911)

fedabiblio 09-20-2003 03:41 PM

Comrie to Ottawa?
 
Hello to my Senator brethren and sesthren. What do ya think of a proposal such as this:

Moreau and Comrie for Spezza

Good luck on the season. My favorite team in the East.

Murphy* 09-20-2003 03:55 PM

Um...How about No?

Porn* 09-20-2003 04:03 PM

hella no!

oilers: spezza

Sens: Brewer, hemsky

officeglen 09-20-2003 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fedabiblio
Hello to my Senator brethren and sesthren. What do ya think of a proposal such as this:

Moreau and Comrie for Spezza

Good luck on the season. My favorite team in the East.

What do you do to the teams you don't like?

fedabiblio 09-20-2003 04:25 PM

Methinks Moreau would thrive in a defense first style game that your Senators employ. He also adds grit and leadership to a depleted lineup. A gem in Ottawa. Comrie will not be the player Spezza will, as he lacks the size, but he will put up as many points. This is a fair deal.

RI Canuck 09-20-2003 04:27 PM

Ottawa will not trade one of the best young players in the league for a player coming off an injury filled year who is whining about money. Their lineup looks good the way it is.

fedabiblio 09-20-2003 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porn*
hella no!

oilers: spezza

Sens: Brewer, hemsky

To Ottawa: Pisani and Reasoner
To Edm: Havlat and Spezza

V for Voodoo 09-20-2003 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fedabiblio
To Ottawa: Pisani and Reasoner
To Edm: Havlat and Spezza

i think your contributions to this thread have climaxed.

fedabiblio 09-20-2003 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
i think your contributions to this thread have climaxed.

One of the best one liners I've seen on this board. Haha. I'm taking it, if that's alright with ya. As to why I posted such ludacrisy, no way in hell Brewer and Hemsky are dealt for Spezza, or Pisani and whomever are dealt for Havlat an Spezza. Sucks that you didn't pick up on that, but a damn good one-liner.

bonehead 09-20-2003 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fedabiblio
To Ottawa: Pisani and Reasoner
To Edm: Havlat and Spezza

We'll just ignore this.

As for the earlier offer, Spezza is essentially untradable. Given his youth, size, skills and high ceiling, no one other Hossa has more value on the Sens. The guy's improved his skating and his fitness significantly each of the past two years and showed he will be an impact scorer in the league (about .6 pts/game last year with limited ice time). From what we've seen in camp so far, I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit 70 points this year (he turned 20 in June).

There's no reason for Ottawa to trade any of their core young/cheap players, especially Spezza. Only way they make any kind of significant trade is to get a quality winger with size. Comrie is a nice player (who cares about Moreau), but he's not big and he's not a winger. There's no point even talking about it.

fedabiblio 09-20-2003 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonehead
We'll just ignore this.

As for the earlier offer, Spezza is essentially untradable. Given his youth, size, skills and high ceiling, no one other Hossa has more value on the Sens. The guy's improved his skating and his fitness significantly each of the past two years and showed he will be an impact scorer in the league (about .6 pts/game last year with limited ice time). From what we've seen in camp so far, I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit 70 points this year (he turned 20 in June).

There's no reason for Ottawa to trade any of their core young/cheap players, especially Spezza. Only way they make any kind of significant trade is to get a quality winger with size. Comrie is a nice player (who cares about Moreau), but he's not big and he's not a winger. There's no point even talking about it.

Ya I hear ya. I wouldn't do that deal myself if I were a Sens fan. I think you guys undervalue Moreau though. He'd look as stellar as Sarah Michelle Gellar getting it on with the girl from Pen and Teller in an Ottawa uni. Haha. A big winger eh? Fine then I guess we'll have to settle with Isbister for Spezza. Haha.

officeglen 09-20-2003 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fedabiblio
Ya I hear ya. I wouldn't do that deal myself if I were a Sens fan. I think you guys undervalue Moreau though. He'd look as stellar as Sarah Michelle Gellar getting it on with the girl from Pen and Teller in an Ottawa uni. Haha. A big winger eh? Fine then I guess we'll have to settle with Isbister for Spezza. Haha.

We have no room for extra forwards - 2 for 1 deals just get us to put somebody on waivers.

Edit: You might want to read the thread:

Why are Edm/Ott considered bad trading partners?

From that thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by officeglen
Ottawa: Needs #1/2 LW - doesn't need #2/3, #3,#4,#5 LW, any C (we have lots, all sorts of sizes and shapes, sorry Comrie), any RWs (Havlat will sign at some point), any D, any G, any draft picks. Unlikely to give any D, any RWs, and LWs, will give C, prospects and draft picks. Generally content with team, and will play excess C at LW at this point.

If I don't see another Sens/Oilers trade proposal this season I'll be happy. If I don't see another quantity to the Sens for quality return proposal I'll be happy.


Vincent Vega 09-21-2003 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fedabiblio
Comrie will not be the player Spezza will, as he lacks the size, but he will put up as many points. This is a fair deal.

That is the dumbest thing said on the boards that I have ever read. There is no way in hell Comrie will put up as many points as Spezza will. He may have more points this season but any other season there will not be a chance in hell unless Spezza is injured. If the Oil want Spezza you would have to start with Hemsky and build around that.

SensGod 09-21-2003 07:51 AM

crap...wasted another 1.5 million brain cells reading this thread...

I'm already screwed for brain power...stuff like this doens't help. Thanks guys... :p

Hossa 09-21-2003 08:09 AM

I think everybody's gotten their point across. This thread can't go anywhere but a flame war.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.