HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   CBA Negotiations III: Why Can't We All Just...Get Along? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1292451)

MiamiScreamingEagles 11-20-2012 03:43 PM

CBA Negotiations III: Why Can't We All Just...Get Along?
 
Part 2 has been closed.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...270355&page=41

Part 3 is now open.

Flyerfan808 11-20-2012 06:14 PM

Lockout with my ****out.

Beef Invictus 11-20-2012 06:25 PM



That's how I see every meeting going.

Just replace "earth" and "Mars" with "Owners" and "Players."

GoneFullHextall 11-21-2012 12:56 AM

haha that movie was so hilariously bad you just couldnt get away from it.

DrinkFightFlyers 11-21-2012 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren (Post 55928667)
haha that movie was so hilariously bad you just couldnt get away from it.

No way, that was a classic movie. Star-studded cast and funny as hell.

FreshPerspective 11-21-2012 10:31 AM

Right now the only movie/spectacle that is worse than Mars Attacks is this horror film known as the NHL strike...

Please end it now! Me needs hockey!

healthyscratch 11-21-2012 10:46 AM

@darrendreger PA moves off its position on guaranteed players share dollars + shifts more to the owners demand of a percentage base in the revenue split.
10:34am - 21 Nov 12

@Mackenzie We're hearing today's NHLPA proposal to NHL will include increasing the NHL's $211M Make Whole provision by another $180M.
10:34am - 21 Nov 12

PHILOUDELPHIA 11-21-2012 12:09 PM

CBA talk have ended for the day.

NHL PA made a new 5 yr proposal with a the owners getting something.

hopefully the accept, it appears from a money standpoint the difference between both sides getting done is 182 million.

so I think the owners should accept they got now more then b4.

Prongo 11-21-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHILOUDELPHIA (Post 55935055)
CBA talk have ended for the day.

NHL PA made a new 5 yr proposal with a the owners getting something.

hopefully the accept, it appears from a money standpoint the difference between both sides getting done is 182 million.

so I think the owners should accept they got now more then b4.

They will reconvene at 1:30 to discuss the latest proposal. The NHL is reviewing it right now.

If the NHL rejects this one, it might be the last and final straw that breaks this season. We need some positive news or we are doomed.

PHILOUDELPHIA 11-21-2012 12:11 PM

pierre labrun is now saying a new meeting has been setup for 130pm today.

so this is good news.

PHILOUDELPHIA 11-21-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prongo (Post 55935085)
They will reconvene at 1:30 to discuss the latest proposal. The NHL is reviewing it right now.

If the NHL rejects this one, it might be the last and final straw that breaks this season. We need some positive news or we are doomed.



I wouldn't say the last or final. because they are now closer.

i'll admit 182m is a lot but they are closer to the money then a deal is done

PHILOUDELPHIA 11-21-2012 12:28 PM

here is a link an recap of the AM session

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=409972


here are a few highlights

"It's about as good we can do," NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr told reporters on Wednesday, adding that both sides are $182 million apart



In what is considered a significant move by the players, sources tell TSN's Darren Dreger that the NHLPA's proposal will see the union move off its position on guaranteed players share dollars and shifts more to the owners demand of a percentage base in the revenue split.



It's also believed the players proposal works off the NHL's designed Make Whole provision, however, the players are asking for an additional $180 million above the $211 million originally offered by the NHL.



the 3 messages above really signify the possible end of the lockout.

they basically want 182 million added to the 211 the NHL which = 393 million.

will see how close they get it. but that is it right there that stands between deal and no deal

Krishna 11-21-2012 12:33 PM

5 years is still a terribly short time for a CBA

healthyscratch 11-21-2012 12:34 PM

@lebrun NYR star B. Richards via text on PA proposal: "It is a move in their direction again and based off of their proposal. There has to be an effort from them to get this done now."
12:26pm - 21 Nov 12

Devastate 11-21-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krishna (Post 55935647)
5 years is still a terribly short time for a CBA


Agreed. First thing i thought as well.

Jtown 11-21-2012 12:36 PM

This is actually huge. The first big movement was when the owners came off their 57 percent stance, but the players never moved off their 50/50 split. Now that they have come off that a bit it shows that Fehr gave in some. Hopefully the owners can work with this.

Krishna 11-21-2012 12:39 PM

When did the PA ever really have a 50/50 split stance?

Blackhawkswincup 11-21-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krishna (Post 55935813)
When did the PA ever really have a 50/50 split stance?

Never

Every proposal from NHLPA didn't even approach 50/50 and included raises

Krishna 11-21-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 55935879)
Never

Every proposal from NHLPA didn't even approach 50/50 and included raises

It was a rhetorical question :laugh:

healthyscratch 11-21-2012 12:42 PM

And now they broke twitter.

Hollywood Couturier 11-21-2012 12:53 PM

:scared:

FreshPerspective 11-21-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krishna (Post 55935647)
5 years is still a terribly short time for a CBA

Agreed but it should be a 5 year endless campaign to get rid of the "cancers" Bettman and Daly...

Quote:

Versteeg wants 'cancers' Bettman, Daly gone

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...101&feedID=695

Krishna 11-21-2012 12:55 PM

Bettman and Daly are cancers yet they are the only people who have really moved off their original proposal until now.. Whereas fehr has been dicking around for almost a year

Versteeg is a clown

PHILOUDELPHIA 11-21-2012 12:58 PM

while were in a lunch break awaiting the PM session at 1.

I just got the new firefox version.

also i was thinking of making grilled cheese for lunch,

anyone want one?

Blackhawkswincup 11-21-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krishna (Post 55936301)
Bettman and Daly are cancers yet they are the only people who have really moved off their original proposal until now.. Whereas fehr has been dicking around for almost a year

Versteeg is a clown

Yes he is


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.