HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Russia (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Konstantin Korneev (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=12946)

P.U.S.H. 09-20-2003 05:42 PM

Konstantin Korneev

Hey guyz know u get lotz of questions from habz fan but I 1 more :) I'm wondering on the potential of Korneev... how good is he, heard he was playing on the top line for his new team (appearantly a powerhouse) how long will he stay there, does he have the talent 2 remain there and what are his chances of making the nhl/an impact on the nhl and who could he be compared to? I know this is alot but you guyz alwayz come through so thanks in advance :)

paul99 10-04-2003 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P.U.S.H.
Hey guyz know u get lotz of questions from habz fan but I 1 more :) I'm wondering on the potential of Korneev... how good is he, heard he was playing on the top line for his new team (appearantly a powerhouse) how long will he stay there, does he have the talent 2 remain there and what are his chances of making the nhl/an impact on the nhl and who could he be compared to? I know this is alot but you guyz alwayz come through so thanks in advance :)

Don't expect too much from Korneev. He was a very very late choice at Draft Entry...

He is playing for Kazan this year in RSL. He records no points afetr 10 games but is part of the roster, which is very good.

I don't have any player for camparison but he is not tall, not big and is more recognized as an offensive D man. He has a lot of heart.

Personaly, I don't think he will make the Habs roster in the coming years.

Zine 10-05-2003 04:26 PM

Actually, Korneev has some very very good skills. Last year he was paired with Koltsov at the WJC as an '84 and played on Krylia's top pairing. Ak Bars are pretty deep on defence with Turkovsky, Proshkin, Erofeev, Bykov and Balmin so I wouldn't worry about his numbers this year.
He's got some serious offensive talent. I think he got around 11 points last year which is pretty darn good for a d-man in the RSL - excellent considering his age. Certainly, what most likely will keep him out of the NHL is his size. If he could hit a growth spurt, Montreal could have a really good d-man on their hands though.

paul99 10-07-2003 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zine
Actually, Korneev has some very very good skills. Last year he was paired with Koltsov at the WJC as an '84 and played on Krylia's top pairing. Ak Bars are pretty deep on defence with Turkovsky, Proshkin, Erofeev, Bykov and Balmin so I wouldn't worry about his numbers this year.
He's got some serious offensive talent. I think he got around 11 points last year which is pretty darn good for a d-man in the RSL - excellent considering his age. Certainly, what most likely will keep him out of the NHL is his size. If he could hit a growth spurt, Montreal could have a really good d-man on their hands though.

I agree Zine. And I had liked him play in Montreal. It could be a good companion for Markov.