HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   New Article: Q&A with Kings Director of Scouting Al Murray (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=129494)

David A. Rainer 02-15-2005 12:16 AM

New Article: Q&A with Kings Director of Scouting Al Murray
 
Article

David A. Rainer 02-15-2005 12:17 AM

Another tremendous interview by John! Although it has my name on it.

Edit - there, I fixed it.

:handclap:

Reaper45 02-15-2005 12:56 AM

All the guys I wanted to hear about! Great job John!

GoneFullHextall 02-15-2005 02:12 AM

excellent job again John.

Fat Elvis 02-15-2005 10:33 AM

Great read John. If you get a chance to ask him one more question, ask him if there is a prospect that is not on the radar that they are excited about( like Karalahti, or that guy we traded with Anshakov for Straka). Again, great read John.

King Blazer 02-15-2005 10:44 AM

Thanks John...

Albi 02-15-2005 11:05 AM

Thanx John...I'm pretty surprised they're still following Shefer.
Heck, if Shefer could make it, there's a chance Steckel will become our #1 center...:D

Old Hickory 02-15-2005 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KING ELVI
Great read John. If you get a chance to ask him one more question, ask him if there is a prospect that is not on the radar that they are excited about( like Karalahti, or that guy we traded with Anshakov for Straka). Again, great read John.

thanks

I'll ask him that next time, if there is a draft I'll do a post draft interview with him again. I think Shefer is the closest thing to that in our organization.

I did ask a question or two that didn't make the cut.

The Kings are very very happy with Parse. Very pleasant surprise. Both he and Marty Guerin are late round steals that they think has a legitimate shot at making the NHL


Quote:

Originally Posted by Albi
Thanx John...I'm pretty surprised they're still following Shefer.
Heck, if Shefer could make it, there's a chance Steckel will become our #1 center...:D

Me too, but I think everyone had forgotten about Strbak before he was signed before last season.
Steckel has really turned it around. Al Murray was very critical of him in a past interview. Everything I have heard out of Manchester has bene very complimentary of him.

KingPurpleDinosaur 02-15-2005 12:50 PM

great interview. asked him everything i had on my mind and more. great job

*bravo*

Fingolfin 02-15-2005 02:51 PM

Great job, John!

- Fin

Game Misconduct 02-15-2005 03:22 PM

John:

That may be your best interview to date. Fantastic job!

Al Murray is a great guy, and it is terrific that he has made himself available for so many interviews. I have spoken with him many times. He is always willing to talk to fans at HealthSouth. We should consider ourselves very fortunate to have a team that makes its hockey personnel so accessible to fans.

Very interesting comments about Steckel and Lehoux, in particular. Sounds to me like Yanick may end up as trade bait one of these days, as I don't really see him fitting into our system. Al has compared him to Belanger is every conversation I've had with him about Yanick. Interesting that he is now drawing a distinction between them.

Very good news about Karlsson. Al told me before that they want him in Manchester but that contract is the problem. I would not pay him too much either.

Keep up the great work, John! Thanks again! :handclap:

The mitchrock 02-15-2005 03:46 PM

John came through once again. It's great to hear how are players are progressing in the eyes of team management.

Legionnaire 02-15-2005 07:24 PM

Great work Johnaaaaaah!

Dooney 02-15-2005 07:57 PM

Kudos. Excellent Read! :handclap:

McSorley 33 02-15-2005 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Game Misconduct
John:

That may be your best interview to date. Fantastic job!

Al Murray is a great guy, and it is terrific that he has made himself available for so many interviews. I have spoken with him many times. He is always willing to talk to fans at HealthSouth. We should consider ourselves very fortunate to have a team that makes its hockey personnel so accessible to fans.

Very interesting comments about Steckel and Lehoux, in particular. Sounds to me like Yanick may end up as trade bait one of these days, as I don't really see him fitting into our system. Al has compared him to Belanger is every conversation I've had with him about Yanick. Interesting that he is now drawing a distinction between them.

Very good news about Karlsson. Al told me before that they want him in Manchester but that contract is the problem. I would not pay him too much either.

Keep up the great work, John! Thanks again! :handclap:

You know guys I started a thread about Karlsson in the Swedish board if you want to check it out.......good feed back and a picture too.......

Old Hickory 02-15-2005 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McSorley 33
You know guys I started a thread about Karlsson in the Swedish board if you want to check it out.......good feed back and a picture too.......

Here is a link to McSorley's thread
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=129273

McSorley 33 02-15-2005 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsjohn
thanks

I'll ask him that next time, if there is a draft I'll do a post draft interview with him again. I think Shefer is the closest thing to that in our organization.

I did ask a question or two that didn't make the cut.

The Kings are very very happy with Parse. Very pleasant surprise. Both he and Marty Guerin are late round steals that they think has a legitimate shot at making the NHL



Me too, but I think everyone had forgotten about Strbak before he was signed before last season.
Steckel has really turned it around. Al Murray was very critical of him in a past interview. Everything I have heard out of Manchester has bene very complimentary of him.

Well......just thought I'd ask this question. Why hasn't J.Rullier made the Kings yet.Is he ahl for life or does he have a chance. Thank you Marty..John this is for you please. YOU KNOW I ALSO HAVE A TUKONEN THREAD OVER ON THE FINISH BOARD WITH SOME RESPONSES AS WELL :lol: :lol:

Game Misconduct 02-16-2005 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McSorley 33
Why hasn't J.Rullier made the Kings yet.Is he ahl for life or does he have a chance.

I have always wondered about this, and I think I asked one of the Murrays that question but I am afraid I don't remember which one or what the answer is.

With all of the injuries we had last season, you would think that he would have been given a chance had he earned it. Looks like he is an AHL player in the eyes of Kings management, at least for now. Part of the problem may be that Andy Murray does not like to have a defenseman off the ice for 5 minutes, and Joe is a physical player. I am hoping he gets it together, personally.

McSorley 33 02-16-2005 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Game Misconduct
I have always wondered about this, and I think I asked one of the Murrays that question but I am afraid I don't remember which one or what the answer is.

With all of the injuries we had last season, you would think that he would have been given a chance had he earned it. Looks like he is an AHL player in the eyes of Kings management, at least for now. Part of the problem may be that Andy Murray does not like to have a defenseman off the ice for 5 minutes, and Joe is a physical player. I am hoping he gets it together, personally.

This is just my opinion, but in hockey you need a team that can skate, play defense and have a good goalie. Also fighting is a facet of hockey. You must also lump in their a fair amount of guys that are willing to step up and throw. This would be Joe R. He can play hit and fight...well thats what we also need. I really just don't understand and it sucks. also i've never seen him play because i live hear in oc and not in new hampshire.......

Fingolfin 02-16-2005 10:26 PM

Even Rullier admits he wasn't ready for the NHL. I think that with his demonstrated maturity and leadership, he'll be given a lot longer look next time he makes it to training camp.

Go Joe!

- Fin

King'sPawn 02-17-2005 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McSorley 33
This is just my opinion, but in hockey you need a team that can skate, play defense and have a good goalie. Also fighting is a facet of hockey. You must also lump in their a fair amount of guys that are willing to step up and throw. This would be Joe R. He can play hit and fight...well thats what we also need. I really just don't understand and it sucks. also i've never seen him play because i live hear in oc and not in new hampshire.......

It's not a matter that Murray is against fighting, but he's against having a defenseman out of commission for five minutes.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.