HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   OT: Anyone want to play poker with Kessel? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1295959)

Polo* 11-21-2012 01:50 PM

Anyone want to play poker with Kessel?
 
My friend Daniel Negreanu told me that Phil will be in Montreal playing at the wpt this week. He said if fans ask him to play at a cash table with him he would.

bobbyflex 11-21-2012 01:56 PM

something tells me Phil wouldn't be a very good poker player

DirtyDion03 11-21-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyflex (Post 55939963)
something tells me Phil wouldn't be a very good poker player

He plays all the time. He must be pretty good, lol. He's a quiet guy so I think he'd be pretty good, not to mention he's a relatively smart young man. I don't know how open he'd be to talking to fans and stuff. Why do people have low expectations for everything this guy does? Lol.

bobbyflex 11-21-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 (Post 55940149)
He plays all the time. He must be pretty good, lol. He's a quiet guy so I think he'd be pretty good, not to mention he's a relatively smart young man. I don't know how open he'd be to talking to fans and stuff. Why do people have low expectations for everything this guy does? Lol.

i feel like if he had 2 pair he'd start twitching or something..... lol

gotta love Phil

ponder 11-21-2012 02:13 PM

Would love to if I were in Montreal!

Cor 11-21-2012 02:33 PM

Kessel is in Montreal?????

I smell a trade.

Run705 11-21-2012 03:16 PM

My friend Gerry Dee confirms this.

mapleleaf979 11-21-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cor99 (Post 55941217)
Kessel is in Montreal?????

I smell a trade.

It could be Phil's cookies? ;)

SeenSchenn2 11-21-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cor99 (Post 55941217)
Kessel is in Montreal?????

I smell a trade.

Oh boy. Speculation thread up soon.

Mystifo 11-21-2012 07:06 PM

Wish I was up in Montreal would love to play some poker. ROAD TRIP!!!!!

MeowLeafs 11-21-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyflex (Post 55940361)
i feel like if he had 2 pair he'd start twitching or something..... lol

gotta love Phil

Pair of queens, he goes like this

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...mer/41Kess.jpg

Pair of aces he does this

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-S9Ak6GcRnK...-awkward-o.gif

Felstead 11-21-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeowLeafs (Post 55948533)

You just made my night, maybe even week. Funiest **** ever!

Polo* 11-21-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeowLeafs (Post 55948533)

lol nh sir!

Nick0930 11-21-2012 07:59 PM

I'm going to the Playground this Sunday. Good to know there's some new fish in the sea.

Jerkini 11-21-2012 08:16 PM

If we ever trade for Luongo, he'll at least have a poker buddy on the team.

Flowzak 11-21-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeowLeafs (Post 55948533)

I totally thought the 1st picture was photoshopped until I took a double-take and realized it wasn't. :laugh:

TMLOBI 11-21-2012 08:47 PM

You know I check Negreanus blog every day.. man he is slacking. He used to have the weekly rant.. then it turned into the WHEN EVER THE **** I WANT TO POST blog. But I keep going back because when he does have a blog it is usually gold. I have not watched the new one but Kessel in Montreal to play poker?? I'm a poker fanatic but Montreal is too far. That would be cool to play poker with Kessel though.

I played at an underground club years ago and Kris Newbury was at the table. Very loose and not in a profitable way. I took a few hundred from him :) This was of course when he played for the Marlies and I had no idea who he was until someone mentioned he played for the Marlies.. they also knew Ian White but he was not at the card game.

I am pretty sure I heard that a lot of hockey players play poker.

Polo* 11-21-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMLOBI (Post 55950629)
I have not watched the new one but Kessel in Montreal to play poker?? I'm a poker fanatic but Montreal is too far. That would be cool to play poker with Kessel though.

lol weird. I just checked for a video blog that you say and at the end of his new one he actually says Kessel will be in Montreal @ 24:07


leafsrule123 11-21-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CeeLoBlue (Post 55950175)
I totally thought the 1st picture was photoshopped until I took a double-take and realized it wasn't. :laugh:

Phil looks so fat in it hahaha

TMLOBI 11-21-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polo (Post 55950969)
lol weird. I just checked for a video blog that you say and at the end of his new one he actually says Kessel will be in Montreal @ 24:07


Yeah, this is the one that I have not seen yet. I am watching it now. I checked earlier today and his old blog was still up. I would have looked tomorrow had it not been for this thread. Thanks. And I was assuming the op was talking about a new blog and he mentions Kessel.

the squared circle 11-21-2012 09:19 PM

Can someone explain where that first pic is from? (The one with Phil and the two beautiful women). I can;t stop laughing at it. Phil looks so goofy and out of place.

anderson3133 11-21-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the squared circle (Post 55951313)
Can someone explain where that first pic is from? (The one with Phil and the two beautiful women). I can;t stop laughing at it. Phil looks so goofy and out of place.

Twitter. The girl in the passenger seat is his girlfriend and the girl in the back is his sister.

the squared circle 11-22-2012 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anderson3133 (Post 55951411)
Twitter. The girl in the passenger seat is his girlfriend and the girl in the back is his sister.

haha, that's great - thanks anderson

anderson3133 11-22-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the squared circle (Post 55956911)
haha, that's great - thanks anderson

Not a problem!

Punn 11-25-2012 12:00 PM

Phil Kessel and World Series of Poker (Montreal)
 


Thought this was interesting, I guess we all are some what deprived from the lock out lol


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.