HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Who Would You Want Most on Our Team: Kesler, M. Richards, or Bergeron (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1296199)

UsernameWasTaken 11-22-2012 12:57 AM

Who Would You Want Most on Our Team: Kesler, M. Richards, or Bergeron

"none" is not an option ;)

on the poll board, ppl were discussing who the best player was (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1285103)

...so i thought it would be fun (or at least more entertaining than lockout talk) to discuss, not necessarily who's best, but who we'd take first on the team.

forgetting about trade value - who would you want to add most.

if you want brownie points for analysis (and just to encourage more chit chat) - if we were to do a trade, who would you be willing to give up for each player?

i went with Kesler. I hate his diving shenanigans and he seems like a real d-bag of a guy. i have a sense that the diving is part and parcel with the team he's on and if he were on a team that isn't known for diving (which we are not!) he'd improve. i think he's more skilled than Richards or Bergeron (although I really like both players a lot) and I like his size.

Discuss!

MurrayBannerman 11-22-2012 01:00 AM

Bergeron AINEC

Cullksinikers 11-22-2012 01:01 AM

Kesler is falling off and always injured. Not him.

Comes down to Bergeron and Richards. Bergeron is younger than you think, but he's had concussion issues. I think Richards is just as gritty and coming off a Cup.

Mike Richards it is.

Cullksinikers 11-22-2012 01:02 AM

I still think Bergeron is phenomenal.

Don't expect to necessarily be in the majority with my opinion.

UsernameWasTaken 11-22-2012 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cullksinikers (Post 55954519)
I still think Bergeron is phenomenal.

Don't expect to necessarily be in the majority with my opinion.

no, i don't know why anyone would disagree with you.

i really think all three are fantastic players. kesler is the easiest guy to hate on (but i still picked him)...but there really isn't too much to *dislike* about each of them.

Chris Hansen 11-22-2012 01:28 AM

If Kesler wasn't as injury-prone as he appears to now be, I'd choose him.

But he is. So I went with Bergeron. Never was a big believer in Richards.

Sarava 11-22-2012 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman (Post 55954505)
Bergeron AINEC

Agree.

Kesler is injury prone and flops in playoffs.

Mike Richards...I used to love his game. Some thing has been off with his game with last couple years. I don't think he was a big reason the Kings won the Cup.

Bubba88 11-22-2012 06:17 AM

Richards. Good contract, made it to the finals twice in his short career and hasn't had the same concussion problems Bergeron had.
+ Would make LA a weaker team and weaker down the middle

Hawkaholic 11-22-2012 10:16 AM

Richards for me. Tough, hits, a leader, not injury prone, and would fit well with our young guys. Bergeron a very close 2nd.

DisgruntledHawkFan 11-22-2012 10:53 AM

Richards. Kane needs a drinking buddy now that Madden and Versteeg are gone.

MurrayBannerman 11-22-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan (Post 55958811)
Richards. Kane needs a drinking buddy now that Madden and Versteeg are gone.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17lx...g/original.jpg

No more lonely walks.

Sevanston 11-22-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman (Post 55959333)

Time to become a Liverpool fan.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ool_FC.svg.png

Also, as much as I enjoy Richards' style, I couldn't pass on Bergeron.

brtriad 11-22-2012 01:11 PM

A Sharp-Bergeron-Hossa second line is just sploosh.

Blackhawkswincup 11-22-2012 01:38 PM

Bergeron would fit Hawks best as Brt points out above

From a health standpoint Richards would be safest bet given the concussion history of Bergeron and the current struggles Kesler has had with his recent injuries

xX Hot Fuss 11-22-2012 08:52 PM

Richards does most things as good as Bergeron. The things he's not as good at, he makes up for it with his physical play.

Richards all day

hockeydoug 11-23-2012 04:24 PM

Since we can't just take a player without factoring in the contract into the equation anymore I think I ultimately take Bergeron.

If they had the same contract, I would take Richards slightly ahead of Bergeron. Tough to really pick one over the other but I think Richards makes the Hawks a little better (ignoring contracts). Kesler's injuries are too significant to ignore.

EbonyRaptor 11-23-2012 11:19 PM

I'll echo others and say I would have gone with Kesler is he hadn't had the injury problems the last couple years. He has a great all around game with size and some nasty - but he's hurt too much.

So I went with Bergeron because having Toews and Bergeron would give the Hawks the best 1-2 faceoff punch in the league, with both cerntermen having elite level offensive and defensive games.

Cullksinikers 11-23-2012 11:58 PM

I also remembered something: nobody on this ****ing team hits.

Just another reason to get Richards. That guy gets it (Pierre voice).

BBH 11-24-2012 02:43 PM

While Kesler and Bergeron are both great players, they are both injury-prone and Richards will hit.

My vote goes to Mike Richards.

TurdFerguson 11-28-2012 11:21 PM

The best two faceoff guys in the league (different hands too!) on a puck possession team?

Bergeron easily.

Hawkaholic 11-28-2012 11:35 PM

2 guys with concussion history (Toews and Bergy), or 1 with and another who causes concussions (Richards)?...ya...Richards.

No Fun Shogun 11-29-2012 12:55 AM

I'd personally say Bergeron then Richards then Kesler, but I'll go out on a limb and just say that I'd be pleasantly surprised if we got any of them in free agency (or in a trade steal).