HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Prospect Info: Morgan Rielly discussion thread. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1296367)

WeWantACup 11-22-2012 09:46 AM

Morgan Rielly discussion thread.

If there is a season Burke says he will invite Rielly to camp do you agree?

mp3
http://podalmighty.com/wp-content/up...-Matters-7.mp3

itunes episode 7
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/...rs/id577173646

Funk Volume 11-22-2012 09:49 AM

Unless training camp is during the World Juniora, then he absolutely should. It would give management and coaches to see how he does compared to grown men in the NHL. Plus, it's puts him through the fitness testing which can only be a good thing for him.

ACC1224 11-22-2012 09:52 AM

Absolutely, no harm in it.

Rinzler 11-22-2012 10:06 AM

He absolutely should get an invite. I would be appalled if he wasn't.

Ricky Bobby 11-22-2012 10:19 AM

No he will be just fine developing in junior this season.

caribouPINE 11-22-2012 10:30 AM

Of course you invite him to camp, every highly regarded prospect gets invited to camp.

It's a good way for him to meet fellow players, the coaching staff and management and to get a feel for what to expect, what to work on, etc.

ACC1224 11-22-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby (Post 55959231)
No he will be just fine developing in junior this season.

You realize he will go back to junior after camp?

OptimusForever 11-22-2012 10:49 AM

This is just a camp experience. Why not?

WeWantACup 11-22-2012 10:53 AM

Brian Burke

"If we're fortunate enough to play," Burke said, the Leafs would be bringing defenceman Reilly into camp. Ditto 2011 draft choice David Broll, currently succeeding in the OHL.

"Those kids deserve that shot," Burke said. "I want to put them in a position that, if we're able to play, the coaches have a decision to make on those players."

Its not just camp, based on his quote.

Cor 11-22-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeWantACup (Post 55959783)
Brian Burke

"If we're fortunate enough to play," Burke said, the Leafs would be bringing defenceman Reilly into camp. Ditto 2011 draft choice David Broll, currently succeeding in the OHL.

"Those kids deserve that shot," Burke said. "I want to put them in a position that, if we're able to play, the coaches have a decision to make on those players."

Its not just camp, based on his quote.

If they earn a spot on the team, they will still. That is how it should be.

Kessley Snipes 11-22-2012 10:58 AM

The best players should make the team. It is a camp invite and not a guarantee of a roster spot. Let's see what happens.

stakesishigh 11-22-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACC1224 (Post 55958791)
Absolutely, no harm in it.

This would do nothing but benefit him.

Ricky Bobby 11-22-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACC1224 (Post 55959429)
You realize he will go back to junior after camp?

Yeah. I just think Reilly is doing just fine for this season.

However, it wouldn't be the end of the world to bring him to camp.

Mess 11-22-2012 11:13 AM

The NHL even created a special circumstances clause allowing for NHL teams to recall junior players mid season when the lockout ends and training camp begins.

Leafs used their options to allow Rielly and David Broll to be options available to them.

Eligible CHL callups if the lockout ends

A list of prominent CHL junior players eligible for recall by their NHL teams if or when the current lockout ends. Submitting a player's name on the list doesn't mean he will be recalled when the lockout ends, but makes him eligible for consideration. These players could be recalled to tryout for their respective NHL teams and then normal rules would apply for keeping them or sending them back to junior.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER 11-22-2012 12:59 PM

Brian Burke did say when and if training camp starts Morgan Rielly would be apart of it and if he gets some experience from going then I see nothing wrong with it.

Ricky Bobby 11-22-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mess (Post 55960133)
The NHL even created a special circumstances clause allowing for NHL teams to recall junior players mid season when the lockout ends and training camp begins.

Leafs used their options to allow Rielly and David Broll to be options available to them.

Eligible CHL callups if the lockout ends

A list of prominent CHL junior players eligible for recall by their NHL teams if or when the current lockout ends. Submitting a player's name on the list doesn't mean he will be recalled when the lockout ends, but makes him eligible for consideration. These players could be recalled to tryout for their respective NHL teams and then normal rules would apply for keeping them or sending them back to junior.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why David Broll is our 2nd option?

pooleboy 11-22-2012 02:05 PM

why would we say no? if its not during the WJC i say he should come, see the NHL players and play in a couple games. It will only help his development. i do not want him in the NHL in 12/13 tho.

Leaf Rocket 11-22-2012 02:11 PM

sure why not, he would get an idea on what the NHL clup atmosphere is like

pooleboy 11-22-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edbleafs (Post 55967285)

lol there might be no nhl this season

why do you people so worry. brian burke have a record for not rush prospect am i right or not, but burke do have a record of big fat mouth.

funny thing is Burke has a track record of not rushing prospects.... yet people still think Kadri not being in the NHL is cause hes a bust.

threeGo 11-22-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooleboy (Post 55968215)
funny thing is Burke has a track record of not rushing prospects.... yet people still think Kadri not being in the NHL is cause hes a bust.

He is a bust if he doesn't make the team full time whenever nhl hockey resumes.

Kingstonian84* 11-22-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeWantACup (Post 55958689)
If there is a season Burke says he will invite Rielly to camp do you agree?

mp3
http://podalmighty.com/wp-content/up...-Matters-7.mp3

itunes episode 7
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/...rs/id577173646

I'm sorry but this is the most ignornant questions I have ever heard! Of course Rielly will be invited to camp, all prospects get an invite to camp the leafs are no exception. I think the better question is "Will he make the team out of camp or be sent back down to juniours?"

Pyrophorus 11-22-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby (Post 55962791)

Have you seen the rest of our division?
Its the only reason I can think of.

TmlHockeyFan 11-23-2012 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooleboy (Post 55968215)

What about Schenn? Was he not rushed?

I wouldn't mind him coming to training camp but don't put him as a roster player yet. Let him develop first. Put him in the AHL next year then allow him to play for the leafs.

Funk Volume 11-23-2012 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby (Post 55962791)

Because he's our most physically ready CHL prospect, along with Biggs but Broll will never be more than a 4th later

indigobuffalo 11-23-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caribouPINE (Post 55959401)
Of course you invite him to camp, every highly regarded prospect gets invited to camp.

It's a good way for him to meet fellow players, the coaching staff and management and to get a feel for what to expect, what to work on, etc.

I believe there is a limit of 2 or 3 invites from Junior. The point of this thread, I assume, would be to determine if it's worth using one of those spots to give a guy like Rielly a "look" when other players that might benefit from the experience a bit more (like McKegg, Blacker or others who played Junior last year).

Rielly is a virtual lock to make the NHL within a year or so. All his development needs is time to bulk up his frame a bit, and a season in the Juniors would be a great way to do that.