HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Washington Capitals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Capitals and Flyers game - London, Ontario (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=12964)

Reggio 09-20-2003 06:57 PM

Capitals and Flyers game - London, Ontario

Hey,

Just came home from the Flyers / Capitals game in London, Ontario with a few news and notes.

- gaoltender S. Charpentier played the entire game and looked solid (althought he let in 4 goals - experienced defencemen would have helped). Made excellent saves in the 2nd and 3rd periods point blank. A bit small but in no way shape or form showed it on the ice.

- Steve Eminger played a solid defensive game. Move the puck well and used his 6'2 200 pound body in the defensive zone very well. His skating needs a little bit of work but not much (didn't look out of place).

- Every Capitals player besides Nylander, Bondra, and Jagr looked average or less.

- players that didn't play: Gonchar, Zubrus, Kolzig, Lang, Helpern and Berry.

- Lastly, YOU'VE GOT TO TRADE JAGR.

Reggio 09-20-2003 07:02 PM

Capital and Flayers game con't

Jagr needs to be traded. I know it's only pre-season but the effort, attitude, and over-all play was very disappointing. You can tell that on a lot of offensive rushs made by the Caps defencemen, Jagr was expecting the puck to come to him first....and they did. It was as if, they had no choice BUT to pass to him the first pass out of the zone. Trust me, I saw him on T.V and thought that's the Capitals needed, but it's not. DEAL HIM BEFORE IT"S TOO LATE.

Got any questions, give me a shout,

Reggio 00'

strungout 09-20-2003 07:12 PM

Thanks for the update!

txpd 09-21-2003 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reggio
Jagr needs to be traded. I know it's only pre-season but the effort, attitude, and over-all play was very disappointing. You can tell that on a lot of offensive rushs made by the Caps defencemen, Jagr was expecting the puck to come to him first....and they did. It was as if, they had no choice BUT to pass to him the first pass out of the zone. Trust me, I saw him on T.V and thought that's the Capitals needed, but it's not. DEAL HIM BEFORE IT"S TOO LATE.

Got any questions, give me a shout,

Reggio 00'

I think you will find a lot of Capitals fans will disagree with your take on Jagr and his lack of effort. Its a popular concept outside of Washington, but not so well taken among the faithful. Wanting to trade Jagr and closing a deal to trade him are two different things. There is not indication that there is any team willing to take him without a deal that does more long term damage to the Capitals than keeping him does.
It takes two to trade.

Biscuit Bullet 09-21-2003 06:55 AM

Eminger needed work on his skating? I find that hard to believe, considering that he's already one of the 5 best skaters on the team.

Whinks 09-21-2003 07:06 AM

Anyone know who fought who in this game? I heard there were several fights.

Reggio 09-21-2003 12:52 PM

Jagr

"I think you will find a lot of Capitals fans will disagree with your take on Jagr and his lack of effort. Its a popular concept outside of Washington, but not so well taken among the faithful".

Actually, I think that a lot of Capitals fans would agree with me that Jagr should be gone (traded). First and foremost, his productivity is horrid, he doesn't seem to have the spark (ability) since being traded to the Caps, he isn't a "true" leader, and he's a 6'3 baby...plain and simple. From what I saw at the John Labbat Centre last night, he's not worth 1/4 of the money he's getting.

Reggio 00'

Reggio 09-21-2003 12:53 PM

Eminger

Perhaps Eminger had a "bad" night but his skating really didn't stand out from enyone elses...he seemed average in speed and power.

Reggio 00'

IkeaMonkey* 09-21-2003 01:13 PM

Keep Jagr! Get rid of Cassidy, the Griffens and the trap....

gohabsgo2010 09-21-2003 03:14 PM

Jagr didn't do squat until the final minute of play where he looked angry.
He played mainly with Miller and Nylander.

I was very impressed by Eminger. He was far better than Joni Pitkanen. His passing was slick. He made a great play in the second where he stopped Brasher on a breakaway and knocked the puck away.

Two other guys that impressed me : Pettinger and Whitfield. Both are hardnosed guys that worked their butts off to fight for the puck and play the body.

Sutherby also played very well. Big and Strong, he was hitting everything at my end of the rink. The line was Konowalchuk - Sutherby -Bondra. Bondra impressed me alot. He is incredibly smart and slick, though he left with 10:00 left in the 3rd.