HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Chris Higgins confirmed in the lineup this year ? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=12968)

Maithz 09-20-2003 07:26 PM

Chris Higgins confirmed in the lineup this year ?

Is Chris Higgins is now confirmed in the lineup with the injury of Saku Koivu ?

BrettHabs24 09-20-2003 07:28 PM

Lets not jump to the conclusion that Saku is out for a long period of time..

For now lets just hope it is a day to day thing.

When I hear confirmation that Saku will miss some decent time (which hopefully I wont hear...) then we will talk Higgins.

Maithz 09-20-2003 07:30 PM

Just because this type of injury can still 3 weeks or 1 month

Kirk Muller 09-20-2003 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HABS-65
Just because this type of injury can still 3 weeks or 1 month

The thing is we still have 2 weeks before the season starts, and until he is re-evaluated, we won't know. It could be day to day, 2-4 weeks, 4-6 weeks, or 2 to 3 months.

Also, we all have to remember this is pre season, if Koivu (or any other player) felt any twing in the knee, they would leave the game just for pre cautionary reasons. Personally I don't want to jump the gun, if Koivu's injured seriously, you deal with it when it is confirmed, its purely speculation as of now.

BrettHabs24 09-20-2003 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nash13
Also, we all have to remember this is pre season, if Koivu (or any other player) felt any twing in the knee, they would leave the game just for pre cautionary reasons. Personally I don't want to jump the gun, if Koivu's injured seriously, you deal with it when it is confirmed, its purely speculation as of now.

Agree 100%. Didnt even think of that. Good point.

oli500 09-20-2003 08:04 PM

Quote:

You have a very good point. This is pre-season hockey, you better be careful with youre stars players.

Every year when I played basse-ball, During the first 2,3 games I would allways feel muscle pains in my trowing arm. All it would need is a good strech. Lets hope its the same with koivu.

ChemiseBleuHonnete 09-20-2003 08:06 PM

I won't vote. I don't know if Saku's injured or not, he could even have left for cautionary reasons if he felt a slight pain.

However if Saku's gone for good, we're in so much trouble that it's not worth talking about it.

Nielson81 09-20-2003 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ax˛+bx+c
I won't vote. I don't know if Saku's injured or not, he could even have left for cautionary reasons if he felt a slight pain.

However if Saku's gone for good, we're in so much trouble that it's not worth talking about it.

Yup if Saku's out, Ovechkin's in...I seriously believe this.

Unbiased Canadian

Nyclaus 09-20-2003 11:29 PM

:joker: :joker: :joker: :joker:

Sure beats crying! Imagine if Markov goes on the sidelines....[isn't there a "run for your life" smily]

*prepares suicide ritual*

Nyclaus 09-20-2003 11:30 PM

I was really hoping to see Higgs play with Koivu ...not fill in for.

SwedenRulez 09-21-2003 01:38 AM

No, I think that if it is necessary to put a guy in the lineup it will be Ryder. Anyway, Koivu isn't injured like for 10 months, "just" 3 weeks (or less) so he will miss "only" 3-4 games.

Munchausen 09-21-2003 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyclaus
[isn't there a "run for your life" smily]

Here: http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/bolt.gif

It'll be appropriate to answer every post asking what kind of season we can expect if Koivu's not coming back or Traverse is. :D

BrettHabs24 09-21-2003 05:41 AM

Higgins wouldnt play with Koivu.

From what I saw last night, he isnt gifted enough offensively..

It may be that he wasnt given a chance to shine with his linemates, but in any case...

Munchausen 09-21-2003 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrettHabs24
Higgins wouldnt play with Koivu.

From what I saw last night, he isnt gifted enough offensively..

It may be that he wasnt given a chance to shine with his linemates, but in any case...

*OR* (call it a long shot), it could be that he's a rookie coming from College and needs adaptation time.

BrettHabs24 09-21-2003 07:06 AM

Yes, that too.

:)

tinyzombies 09-21-2003 08:04 AM

Yeah, it might just be a tweaked miniscis (sp?) in his knee. I've had that and it just needs to flip over again. But you can't run when you have it. I'm sure he's fine since he didn't go down and didn't make a fuss when he left the ice.

In any case, Higgins has a long way to go to prove he's ready for an 82 game schedule on the 4th line, let alone a scoring or checking line.

danboulie 09-21-2003 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen
*OR* (call it a long shot), it could be that he's a rookie coming from College and needs adaptation time.

Don't be so foolish and say idiotic things like that. :p

Munchausen 09-21-2003 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aphotic
Don't be so foolish and say idiotic things like that. :p

I know, I know... maybe my comment was a little too extreme and over the top... :D

Corey 09-21-2003 07:38 PM

I don't suppose BrettHabs24 noticed that Higgins played with Blouin and Ferland one night and Dwyer and Dackell the next? Mario Lemieux would have trouble creating offense with them. I was at both games, and I could see opportunities vanishing because his linemates weren't keyed in.

ttnorm 09-22-2003 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey
I don't suppose BrettHabs24 noticed that Higgins played with Blouin and Ferland one night and Dwyer and Dackell the next? Mario Lemieux would have trouble creating offense with them. I was at both games, and I could see opportunities vanishing because his linemates weren't keyed in.

:bow: :bow: :bow: