HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   QMJHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   So how are Acadie-Bathhurst doing? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1297029)

Cornwall OHL 11-23-2012 03:55 PM

So how are Acadie-Bathhurst doing?
 
A year or two ago there was quite a bit of rumours about the Titans moving. Is the team now on stable ground with solid ownership and fan support?

#57 11-23-2012 05:50 PM

Not really but the owner doesnt wanna move the team even if he's losing money and nobody goes to the games

Doesnt help that they have the worst coach in the league and that their team is underachieving this season thus far

RJQuack 11-23-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cornwall OHL (Post 55985701)
Is the team now on stable ground with solid ownership and fan support?

No. Simple.

As for their current state, they need a new coach, and build for next year.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 11-23-2012 10:45 PM

They were on a 6 game losing streak before tonight's win over Val D'or. 3-6-0 in their last 10 games. They have the worst coach in the league and an owner who can't afford to fire and hire a new one. Their overagers don't want to play there and it's showing on the ice. They have one dimensional fowards, a weak defence and unproven goaltending. Attendence is dead last in the league.They continue to lose money on a nightly basis, averging only 1480 fans a night. Things aren't looking good in Bathurst.

RJQuack 11-23-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 (Post 55993055)
They were on a 6 game losing streak before tonight's win over Val D'or. 3-6-0 in their last 10 games. They have the worst coach in the league and an owner who can't afford to fire and hire a new one. Their overagers don't want to play there and it's showing on the ice. They have one dimensional fowards, a weak defence and unproven goaltending. Attendence is dead last in the league.They continue to lose money on a nightly basis, averging only 1480 fans a night. Things aren't looking good in Bathurst.

To be fair, Hynes is the only one who can be described as "Doesn't want to be there"... Biss can tend to be a lazy player and O'Brien is fine where he is...

WildcatMapleLeafs28 11-23-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks (Post 55993069)
To be fair, Hynes is the only one who can be described as "Doesn't want to be there"... Biss can tend to be a lazy player and O'Brien is fine where he is...

I agree on O'Brien but rumours have been swirling about Bissonette too.

Claude The Fraud 11-24-2012 12:24 AM

Speaking of O'brien, guys, can you explain me something?

I've haven't had the chance to catch a game when the Titans were in Rimouski. So I have never seen him play. How can this guy be playing his third complete season and still looking for his first penalty? How does he play? I mean, It's hard for me to understand that a player is still looking for his first penalty after two complete years. How can he had never hooked a guy just a little bit too much to prevent a goal or how can he had never answered back a little bit too much after the whistle if a guy facewashed him? Does he bring any intensity to the rink?

RJQuack 11-24-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claude The Fraud (Post 55994239)
Speaking of O'brien, guys, can you explain me something?

I've haven't had the chance to catch a game when the Titans were in Rimouski. So I have never seen him play. How can this guy be playing his third complete season and still looking for his first penalty? How does he play? I mean, It's hard for me to understand that a player is still looking for his first penalty after two complete years. How can he had never hooked a guy just a little bit too much to prevent a goal or how can he had never answered back a little bit too much after the whistle if a guy facewashed him? Does he bring any intensity to the rink?

Wouldn't hurt a fly... Never goes into a dirty area and is a liability defensively so he's unlikely to take one backchecking. Soft as a grape lol

welcometothebigshow2 11-24-2012 11:41 AM

I know they won last night, but something needs to be done to this team, fast. New coach, a couple trades, I'm not sure but it's not looking great in Titan land...

ZombieRegDunlop 11-24-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claude The Fraud (Post 55994239)
Speaking of O'brien, guys, can you explain me something?

I've haven't had the chance to catch a game when the Titans were in Rimouski. So I have never seen him play. How can this guy be playing his third complete season and still looking for his first penalty? How does he play? I mean, It's hard for me to understand that a player is still looking for his first penalty after two complete years. How can he had never hooked a guy just a little bit too much to prevent a goal or how can he had never answered back a little bit too much after the whistle if a guy facewashed him? Does he bring any intensity to the rink?

I love when NFLD kids do well in the league, so I'm not picking on him.........but.............


The list you started is endless. I spoke with a Q-scout who joked that O'Brien must have an after game ritual where he makes Omelets for the team, because the eggs aren't getting broken during the game. It's not just that he has 0 penalties....it's the idea that he hasn't been given 2 minutes that he didn't deserve. You get those types of penalties when you compete in puck battles, or if you consistently drive to the net. Not even a single coincidental minor in defending himself? Even worse.....defending a teammate who just got a cheap-shot?

It's also the reason why I don't think they'll be much of a market for him at the deadline. They differentiate "playoff hockey" for a reason. He doesn't play it. That "0" in his stat line looks like a faberge egg.

ClemQ 11-26-2012 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 (Post 55993055)
They were on a 6 game losing streak before tonight's win over Val D'or. 3-6-0 in their last 10 games. They have the worst coach in the league and an owner who can't afford to fire and hire a new one. Their overagers don't want to play there and it's showing on the ice. They have one dimensional fowards, a weak defence and unproven goaltending. Attendence is dead last in the league.They continue to lose money on a nightly basis, averging only 1480 fans a night. Things aren't looking good in Bathurst.

just curious, but, why does everyone think Dubois is the worst coach in the league?
i'm not saying he isnt...i'm just curious.

think they might still catch moncton in the standings :)

Frankie 11-26-2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombieRegDunlop (Post 55999051)
I love when NFLD kids do well in the league, so I'm not picking on him.........but.............


The list you started is endless. I spoke with a Q-scout who joked that O'Brien must have an after game ritual where he makes Omelets for the team, because the eggs aren't getting broken during the game. It's not just that he has 0 penalties....it's the idea that he hasn't been given 2 minutes that he didn't deserve. You get those types of penalties when you compete in puck battles, or if you consistently drive to the net. Not even a single coincidental minor in defending himself? Even worse.....defending a teammate who just got a cheap-shot?

It's also the reason why I don't think they'll be much of a market for him at the deadline. They differentiate "playoff hockey" for a reason. He doesn't play it. That "0" in his stat line looks like a faberge egg.

i'd tend to agree that after 2+ seasons, every hockey player should have received a penalty somewhere along the way. as you say, defending himself or a teammate, every player should get involved somehow and gets a couple of pims, even if ot totally deserved.

i'd also say that a kid doesn't score 50 goals without going into some high-traffic areas, and winning some battles for the puck.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 11-26-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClemQ (Post 56039099)
just curious, but, why does everyone think Dubois is the worst coach in the league?
i'm not saying he isnt...i'm just curious.

think they might still catch moncton in the standings :)

Cause he's absolutely brutal. Gets outmatched wether it's a home or away game. He was fired yesterday so I guess LGM thought he was too. Not worried about them catching us lol Wildcats have 32 points in 26 games , Bathurst 24 points in 29 games. Moncton are beating teams like Halifax and Baie Comeau lately and Bathurst are losing to Sherbrooke and Saint John.

ClemQ 11-26-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 (Post 56041201)
Cause he's absolutely brutal. Gets outmatched wether it's a home or away game. He was fired yesterday so I guess LGM thought he was too. Not worried about them catching us lol Wildcats have 32 points in 26 games , Bathurst 24 points in 29 games. Moncton are beating teams like Halifax and Baie Comeau lately and Bathurst are losing to Sherbrooke and Saint John.

HAHA....BTW, i was completely kidding about catching moncton :)

I thought Dubois had a good year in Baie comeau several seasons ago?? maybe im just dreaming that up! But, i do feel agree that he did not manage to get things sorted out in bathurst!

cheers! and, just so you know, i'm glad the wildcats seem to have worked out their early season issues!! should make for some awesome games later this season!!

WildcatMapleLeafs28 11-26-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClemQ (Post 56041897)
HAHA....BTW, i was completely kidding about catching moncton :)

I thought Dubois had a good year in Baie comeau several seasons ago?? maybe im just dreaming that up! But, i do feel agree that he did not manage to get things sorted out in bathurst!

cheers! and, just so you know, i'm glad the wildcats seem to have worked out their early season issues!! should make for some awesome games later this season!!

Lol I knew you couldn't have been serious about Titan catching up :D I don't know what happened, he lost the team's respect.

jfb392 11-26-2012 01:39 PM

Turned down by two coaches so far today, first Steve Hartley and and then Claude Bouchard.

Quote:

MLalancette Incroyable le nombre d'entraîneurs qui me répondent «Non merci» quand je leur demande s'ils sont intéressés au poste d'entraîneur du Titan.
http://twitter.com/MLalancette/statu...43954017501184

lolllllll

RJQuack 11-26-2012 03:20 PM

Steve Hartley would be a pipedream. He's done great so far as an assistant in Halifax with the D. There's also very few examples of assistants like him leaving a powerhouse in the middle of the season to join that mess in Bathurst.

Fel 96 11-26-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Au tour de Paulin Bordeleau, des Phénix du Collège Esther-Blondin (midget AAA), de passer son tour pour le poste d'entraîneur du Titan.
http://twitter.com/MLalancette/statu...63379924283393
Quote:

Bordeleau a été un compagnon d'armes de Léo-Guy Morissette avec le Titan de Laval dans les années 90.
http://twitter.com/MLalancette/statu...63499285766144

Make it 3.

Damn, who's gonna be their new head coach?

jfb392 11-26-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

MLalancette Au moins 6 entraîneurs adjoints d'équipes la LHJMQ me confirment n'avoir aucun intérêt pour le poste. «Je vais passer mon tour.» #assezrare
http://twitter.com/MLalancette/statu...64641700921344

Six refusals apparently.
This is unprecedented.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 11-26-2012 10:27 PM

No surprise. It goes to show how bad the team really is and how poorly it's managed...

RJQuack 11-26-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 (Post 56059907)
No surprise. It goes to show how bad the team really is and how poorly it's managed...

I think LGM is playing a big role in this... There's untapped potential, if you will, in this team but the organization is too much of an un-organized circus right now...

I've never seen so many people not want a job lol.

Flyers12 11-27-2012 02:03 PM

It's time for LGM to sold the team to local Bathurst business men.

IHaveNoCreativity 11-28-2012 11:26 AM

Danny DuPont.

He's a big step in the right direction...

Now fire the GM, and sell the team.

ElementZ 11-28-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity (Post 56090607)
Danny DuPont.

He's a big step in the right direction...

Now fire the GM, and sell the team.

GM can't fire himself...

IHaveNoCreativity 11-28-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElementZ (Post 56091307)
GM can't fire himself...

O ****... LGM is the owner too ? Wow I never put it together... Fail here... That explains a lot.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.