HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Other: Players Traded Because Of Lockout (Read OP) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1297039)

Sergei Berezin 11-23-2012 04:08 PM

Players Traded Because Of Lockout (Read OP)

Who are some players that will be traded once the CBA is finalized directly because of lockout related incidents?

I.e. Troy Brouwer.

Another example is players who don't want to play under owner Jeremy Jacobs in Boston (idea brought up by Andy Strickland)

bleedblue1223 11-23-2012 04:44 PM

Any idea brought up by Strickland, shouldn't have any significance in it.

capitalsrock 11-23-2012 04:47 PM

Wait...why Troy Brouwer? Because of his contract or what happened?

BobbyClarkeFan16 11-23-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin (Post 55985987)
Who are some players that will be traded once the CBA is finalized directly because of lockout related incidents?

I.e. Troy Brouwer.

Another example is players who don't want to play under owner Jeremy Jacobs in Boston (idea brought up by Andy Strickland)

I doubt Brouwer goes anywhere. Hamrlik and Neuvirth will be gone before Brouwer.

As much flak as Jeremy Jacobs for being a tightwad, players seem to enjoy being and playing in Boston. For that reason, I doubt anyone asks out there.

What I think you're going to see though is the amnesty clause brought back in and I think you're going to see A LOT of buyouts before any trades.

manilaNJ 11-23-2012 04:49 PM

Krys Barch :crossfing

Lou hates twitter for a reason.

Devils Trap 11-23-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manilaNJ (Post 55986773)
Krys Barch :crossfing

Lou hates twitter for a reason.

No one will trade for him, he will be released

manilaNJ 11-23-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devils Trap (Post 55986825)
No one will trade for him, he will be released

I'm operating under the naive outlook that someone will cough up something for him- like Feaster handing over a 5th for PL3.

Doubt we get that lucky again (hence the fingers crossed)... but I'll keep hoping.

TOGuy14 11-23-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 (Post 55986691)
Any idea brought up by Strickland, shouldn't have any significance in it.

To expand further, anyone under Eklund's network of bloggers has no real significance.

The guy had Howard Berger on his site and that says it all...

Mystifo 11-23-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 (Post 55986749)
I doubt Brouwer goes anywhere. Hamrlik and Neuvirth will be gone before Brouwer.

As much flak as Jeremy Jacobs for being a tightwad, players seem to enjoy being and playing in Boston. For that reason, I doubt anyone asks out there.

What I think you're going to see though is the amnesty clause brought back in and I think you're going to see A LOT of buyouts before any trades.

I find it funny. A guy like Hammer who has been through this before is being grilled by a kid who was drafted during the last lockout. But yeah if this leads to hammer being traded I say send him to Detroit they will be happy for the defensive help for a year or so.

vokiel 11-23-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystifo (Post 55988057)
I find it funny. A guy like Hammer who has been through this before is being grilled by a kid who was drafted during the last lockout. But yeah if this leads to hammer being traded I say send him to Detroit they will be happy for the defensive help for a year or so.

Yeah him and Ian White would be great on the same pairing. :laugh:

skywarp75 11-23-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

I.e. Troy Brouwer.

Brouwer pretty much said that he cant separate his personal FEELINGS over union issues O THE ICE for the JOB he is payed millions for. Why would anyone ever trust him to play for them ever again. Is he really such a good player that any team needs him with his selfish bad attitude?

Paralyzer008 11-23-2012 06:49 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if Daryl Katz wasn't too impressed with Devan Dubnyk being one of the more outspoken Oilers who went to the labour board. But, then again, no one ever knows what's inside Katz's brain

Maize and Blue 11-23-2012 10:48 PM

I expect no repercussions in Detroit of any kind. #1 For better or worst Detroit is a union city & he has learned over the years how work with that. #2 I don't think he is all that interested in revenue sharing. Why would any successful franchise want to have to keep a dead fish swimming? #3 I don't think from some of his championship speeches he cares for bettmans NBA style "Players" League model over great storied franchises model. #4 He has NEVER cared what the price is to build a winner! If he can't spend it on the best players, he'll spend it on the best Gm's Asst.Gm's Coaches and scouts or lawyers to find away to circumvent the cba. Remember Detroit was one of the first teams to write back diving contracts!

bb_fan 11-23-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Points for most idiotic post of the lockout?

nmbr_24 11-24-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

I.e. Troy Brouwer.

I wonder why Boston is one of the most desireable places to be traded to according to that anonymous player poll that was going around. I think they were the 2nd most desireable place to get traded to and that was in 2011 before they won the Cup.

Every player Boston has right now seems to like playing there.

I have a theory why it is like this, I think Jacobs may be fighting for the owners in this lockout, but when players have to deal with him or the Bruins staff on a personal level, it is probably a great situation. So when there is a salary cap and things are the way Jacobs wants them, there probably aren't many owners who are going to treat their players any better ie, there is a salary cap so the GM can only spend that amount and there is no need in Jacob's mind to stick his nose into team business because he already took care of how much could be spent.

So players may get mad at Jacob's for being the chairman of the owners board, but when it comes down to being a good place to play that treats their players well, Boston is right there at the top of the league and I don't see players holding a grudge just like I don't see owners holding a grudge about some of the dumb things a few players have said.

They all know this is an emotional time for a lot of players and owners and when the deal gets done, I have a feeling that all will be forgiven, until next time that is:cry:

Bourne Endeavor 11-24-2012 11:31 AM

Luongo will be traded but the only reason we'd have to is due to cap reasons, if it is drastically altered. Otherwise, the Canucks have no worries.

Scottyk9 11-24-2012 03:59 PM

Like others have stated, Barch...doubt he gets dealt but I don't expect him to make the roster.

IdealisticSniper 11-24-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maize and Blue (Post 55993097)
I expect no repercussions in Detroit of any kind. #1 For better or worst Detroit is a union city & he has learned over the years how work with that. #2 I don't think he is all that interested in revenue sharing. Why would any successful franchise want to have to keep a dead fish swimming? #3 I don't think from some of his championship speeches he cares for bettmans NBA style "Players" League model over great storied franchises model. #4 He has NEVER cared what the price is to build a winner! If he can't spend it on the best players, he'll spend it on the best Gm's Asst.Gm's Coaches and scouts or lawyers to find away to circumvent the cba. Remember Detroit was one of the first teams to write back diving contracts!

New to hockey?

I find it funny that a fan of Detroit would say "Why would a successful franchise want to help teams that are dead fish swimming?".

Don't remember Detroit history do you?

SephF 11-24-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 (Post 55988767)
Wouldn't be surprised if Daryl Katz wasn't too impressed with Devan Dubnyk being one of the more outspoken Oilers who went to the labour board. But, then again, no one ever knows what's inside Katz's brain

Especially after the generous contract they gave him.

Sweech 11-25-2012 01:39 AM

Winnipeg will gladly take Brouwer. We're slowly acquiring all the old cup winning (B-Grade) Blackhawks.

rypper 11-25-2012 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor (Post 55998163)
Luongo will be traded but the only reason we'd have to is due to cap reasons, if it is drastically altered. Otherwise, the Canucks have no worries.

good job reading the op lol.

jumptheshark 11-25-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

I.e. Troy Brouwer.

I think the title should be "Players WHO COULD Be traded after the lockout"

Maize and Blue 11-25-2012 09:05 PM

IdealisticSniper. I was there in the 80's when the only people went to the Wings games was to get a chance to win a free car between the 2nd & 3rd period. They did suck!!! But... Their turn around was totally done by Mike Ilitch's hard work and hiring the right people to restore the franchise to former glory with his own money. No hand outs from revenue sharing was used! If your owner group or your fan base can not support a team then fold or relocate!