HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Sabres' Steve Ott not happy about the lockout (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1297271)

wildcat48 11-24-2012 03:19 AM

Sabres' Steve Ott not happy about the lockout

Sabres' Ott wonders if lockout is making NHL into second tier league

Link>>>>

Another link>>>>

Silence Of The Plams 11-25-2012 12:52 PM

Im mad too. I honestly don't get all these people saying F the teams etc. But anyway Ott is upset and he should be. Get something done.

Disengage 11-25-2012 02:40 PM

"Sabres' Steve Ott not happy about the lockout"

Rejected headline: Sky still blue.

HiddenInLight 11-26-2012 05:49 AM

Ott makes a lot of good points. I mean when was the last time the league even made an offer? Not since the 50/50 offer IIRC. It feels like the league doesn't even want to negotiate....

VaporTrail 11-26-2012 07:17 AM

Players like this are the one's that are keeping me a fan.....These greedy players along with Donald Fehr are seriously starting to piss me off, and question why I am a fan of them....And I have been a fan for 30 years.

SackTastic 11-26-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disengage (Post 56023685)
"Sabres' Steve Ott not happy about the lockout"

Rejected headline: Sky still blue.

Pretty much.

I don't think you could find a single player that's happy about being locked out.

Tyler2829 11-26-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiddenInLight (Post 56039049)
Ott makes a lot of good points. I mean when was the last time the league even made an offer? Not since the 50/50 offer IIRC. It feels like the league doesn't even want to negotiate....

The league was waiting for the Union to make a proposal and that didnt happen until last week. What's the league supposed to do, keep negotiating off it's own one?

hizzoner 11-26-2012 02:43 PM

There are a lot of people on these boards as well as all of the players who are proceeding on the underlying assumption that in negotiating a contract regard to the old expired contract is the only starting place. The belief exists that the old ontract was entirely equitable and therefor if there must be changes then there must be trade offs. That is often, but not always the case. When one side is losing money on the old contract then they want redress financially and in collateral ways that affect finances. Where another side is being asked to assume too much risk, or is underpaid in comparison to other comparables, or where the pay out from the employer is considered to be too low in comparison to the toal net payout to the employees then it may well be that the employer may be required to be the only party to grant concessions in the new contract.
In the scenario put forward by the NHL many of the teams are losing money and are looking for ways to remedy this. They want the players to make concessions to allow those teams to continue. That will protect the jobs of many of the employees. The richer teams_who have hundreds of millions more invested in their franchises than the less well to do teams are prepared to supplement the concessions to the tune of hundreds of millions over the length of the CBA. The players reject this. They believe that there must be a quid pro quo-for every concession they give there must be an equal concession--in effect making the players' concessions of less value to the NHL.

I would think that the players need to realize that they will all make millions over their careers-even if only 3 or 4 years while team owners in many places have invested tens of millions and will not make the money that their second line players will. I think the NHL should grant one concession if not already there--fees to transfer or replace existing teams ought to be part of hrr. Other than that the players must be the ones making major concessions for the good of the game and to preserve jobs. As to the idiots who gave out those huge bonuses and back diving contracts--if there is some way to punish them without hurting the NHL entity it ought to be done. I assume there are personal guarantees for those greed gotten ontracts--New Jersey and Nashville need not be punished again and Philadelphia and and Minnesota who put out those rule bending contracts ought to get slapped. Maybe the ownership groups of those would be poachers can pay the players personally.

Squantosawuss 11-27-2012 05:18 AM

Steve Ott is 5th in the league in being frustrated by the lockout.

You can see for yourself on NHL.com.

P.S. Not only are we missing LOTS of hockey, but we're also missing a cool Winter Classic between two original six teams---not to mention the incredibly entertaining 24/7 series documenting much of the behind the scenes build up to the game. What a waste.

heartsabres* 11-27-2012 05:45 AM

bla bla bla, the players should be speaking inward, not outward. I am tired of listening to hockey players. Get a deal done.

TheStroker 11-27-2012 05:34 PM

Steve Ott hasn't shaved since the lockout? All the players should take a real stand and refuse to shower until a deal is reached. Guaranteed people will take notice and be urging the owners to make a deal.

Bosswally 11-28-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStroker (Post 56075189)
Steve Ott hasn't shaved since the lockout? All the players should take a real stand and refuse to shower until a deal is reached. Guaranteed people will take notice and be urging the owners to make a deal.

niether has his little bro Mike Weber, though Ott looks like a biker,
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A7Y3APTCAAA-SBW.jpg

Weber looks homeless
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A8keSEYCAAMYG8x.jpg

haseoke39 11-28-2012 09:09 AM

This lockout ends the minute Steve ****ing Ott decides he's tired of losing money. The October 26th offer still is the best one for players that has been proposed. Every tweak on that offer since then has gotten steadily worse, because every time, there were more games being lost. Since October 26th, there hasn't been enough money on the table for players to fight over to justify cancelling games (although with the owner's much lower profit margin, you can't say the same for them). So get your **** together, Mr. Ott, the lockout at this point is 100% about how much money you want to lose in order to prove a point and feel like a winner. Quit whining like you have no control over anything.

haseoke39 11-28-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosswally (Post 56084805)
niether has his little bro Mike Weber, though Ott looks like a biker,
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A7Y3APTCAAA-SBW.jpg

Weber looks homeless
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A8keSEYCAAMYG8x.jpg

This is totally productive. Shave your stupid faces and go negotiate. If you actually break out a calculator instead of just posting whiny pictures to twitter, you'll realize you're only screwing yourselves.

SackTastic 11-28-2012 09:53 AM

Hey guys, CBA thread is up top please. KTHX.

I want to talk more about Otter's face jacket.

LaxSabre 11-29-2012 12:02 PM

NHLPA CHARITY GAME GOES OCTOBER 8TH @ WFCU CENTRE - November 28, 2012

Spitfires alumni Steve Ott, Shawn Horcoff, Dan Cleary and many more NHL veterans hit the WFCU Centre ice Saturday, December 8th in support of the treatment of childhood cancer at Met Hospital.

OTT AND FRIENDS HOSTING CHARITY HOCKEY GAME -
Proceeds to "Sparkle From Above", treating childhood cancer at Met Hospital

Dave Ducharme WindsorSpitfires.com

For much of the current NHL labour disruption, Buffalo Sabres forward Steve Ott has been skating in Troy, Michigan with buddies Shawn Horcoff of the Edmonton Oilers and Dan Cleary of the Detroit Red Wings, among other NHLers looking to stay in shape.

Ott, the Spitfire alumni and now nine-year NHL veteran, says recently the topic turned to calling some guys to see about a charity game in Windsor. "Once the word got out," Ott began, on the phone from Arizona, "it was pretty obvious there were a lot of guys who wanted to play."

The scheduled participant list includes some 36 pros; including Sabres Thomas Vanek, Drew Stafford (LS: Matt Ellis and Jordan Leopold) Red Wings Johan Franzen, Todd Bertuzzi, Jimmy Howard and Darren Helm, and Oilers Tom Gilbert and Nick Schultz - along with local boys Kyle Wellwood, Kevin Westgarth, Michael Leighton and Ryan Wilson.

http://www.windsorspitfires.com/arti...th-wfcu-centre