HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Horton's series winner against Montreal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1297615)

Joey13 11-25-2012 12:40 AM

Horton's series winner against Montreal

NHL Network has been re-showing games, including Game # 7. In re-watching, I wonder if Krejci tipped Horton's shot to beat Price and end the series?

Anyone else think that?

Gonzothe7thDman 11-25-2012 01:38 AM

Nah I still think Han shot first.

dafoomie 11-25-2012 04:39 AM

Reverse angle is pretty clear that it deflected off one of the Canadiens but went right past Krejci's stick.

2:07:28

Dojji* 11-25-2012 02:19 PM

*bows repeatedly to dafoomie*

chuckdobbins 11-25-2012 02:25 PM

Damn. I watched game 7 vs the Habs and then watched game 7 vs Tampa...and a ton of highlights from the Final. That's a nice way to kill a Sunday.

I realized about half way through the Canadiens game that I REALLY miss Jack Edwards. His intensity and excitement for the game came through the microphone loud and clear in game 7, and he was calling every pass like it was leading to an assist of the GWG in the cup Final. It's unfortunate that he doesn't call anything after the first round.

Kelly23 11-25-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckdobbins (Post 56023079)
Damn. I watched game 7 vs the Habs and then watched game 7 vs Tampa...and a ton of highlights from the Final. That's a nice way to kill a Sunday.

I realized about half way through the Canadiens game that I REALLY miss Jack Edwards. His intensity and excitement for the game came through the microphone loud and clear in game 7, and he was calling every pass like it was leading to an assist of the GWG in the cup Final. It's unfortunate that he doesn't call anything after the first round.

He does some Hockey East games for NESN he did the BC vs. BU game.

22Brad Park 11-25-2012 04:12 PM

Lost in that goal was Mcquaid,two huge plays along wall or that goal never comes there.

chuckdobbins 11-25-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 22Brad Park (Post 56026339)
Lost in that goal was Mcquaid,two huge plays along wall or that goal never comes there.

I think Brick gives McQuaid his credit in the replay doesn't he?

Paddington 11-25-2012 09:31 PM

"The Bruins knock out Montreal!" has become my favourite hockey call ever. I get goosebumps every time I hear it.

Central Scrutinizer 11-25-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Actually the 5 man unit was outstanding.
Lucic wins a battle right after the face-off.
McQuaid is able to pinch in because Horton covers for him at the point and keeps the puck deep in habs territory.
Lucic kills the "White man can't jump" theory and outhustles the Habs.
Horton gets open,Bruins drive the net.

It was beautiful.

Dojji* 11-26-2012 08:38 AM

Don't forget Krejci winning the faceoff. The only guy on that unit who didn't touch the puck was, of all people, Zdeno Chara.

But yeah -- McQuaid winning like 4 straight fights for the puck with PK Subban played a HUGE role in what happened. McQuaid's considered a stay at home, but he's got some good solid hands on him. If they were connected to a better head, he might put up some points.

smack66 11-26-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dafoomie (Post 56015107)
Reverse angle is pretty clear that it deflected off one of the Canadiens but went right past Krejci's stick.

2:07:28

Home sick with a nasty cold. You have no idea how much this video made my day.....

Neely08 12-01-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

It's Looch who gets the least amount of credit, IMO. He could have just taken a shot that never gets to the net, or batted it back into the corner. But, he knew where Horton was and set him up perfectly. All the habs could do was watch it happen.

BudMovin* 12-01-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neely08 (Post 56164307)
It's Looch who gets the least amount of credit, IMO. He could have just taken a shot that never gets to the net, or batted it back into the corner. But, he knew where Horton was and set him up perfectly. All the habs could do was watch it happen.

His vision is really underrated. He also had a beautiful set-up for Seguin for the game winner in game 6 of the Washington series.

Dojji* 12-01-2012 04:17 PM

Agreed. It's kind of hid by his lack of what for lack of a better word I'll call nimbleness -- he's not the quickest thinker or the quickest on his feet -- but when the play is in front of him Looch can make some really smart offensive decisions. I'm remembering the feed he gave Krej in one of his goals against Luongo. That would have undressed any goaltender.

He's had more assists than goals every year he's been a Bruin. That doesn't get talked about probably as much as it should. He's a little too pass happy on big offensive plays on the breakaway, is the only real criticism I have. He's got the best shot on our first line, and is the best guy on that line to plant in front of the net to slam home rebounds. He needs to put the attack on his stick more.

Actp 12-02-2012 03:45 AM

The goal went off the inside of Halpren's left leg or ankle from what I could see. He squeezeded the knees and still could not block the shot. The margin was thaaaaaaaaat close. Sidenote, Lucic is a very underrated passer, who makes good, direct decisions and understands what the coaches tell him very well. imo.