HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Other: Players your team would NOT trade (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1297667)

hlaverty06 11-25-2012 07:52 AM

Players your team would NOT trade

I just see a lot of "Oh we'd never trade this player" , so just like to hear who you wouldn't trade
so for

:devils

Kovalchuk
Elias
Clarkson
Larsson
Brodeur

Sureves 11-25-2012 08:05 AM

Karlsson
Alfredsson
Phillips

ChronicallyInjured 11-25-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sureves (Post 56015815)
Karlsson
Alfredsson
Phillips

I'd argue Neil and Spezza on that list.

Sharppi 11-25-2012 08:10 AM

Koivu, Granlund, Brodin, Heatley, Cullen. Don't ask, just accept.

RJ8812 11-25-2012 08:13 AM

anyone can be traded, don't kid yourself

PayItForward 11-25-2012 08:19 AM

I'd hope the Flyers would trade anyone if it made them a better team.

tsujimoto74 11-25-2012 08:22 AM

These are the guys I don't think Buffalo would move for any kind of reasonable return. List is mostly younger players because the Sabres traded away a lot of their veterans and gave the team to these kids. They're at least not going anywhere for a season or two, IMO.

- Tyler Myers (no explanation necessary)
- Jason Pominville (revolving door of ineffective captains finally stopped with him, and he's our best all-around forward)
- Marcus Foligno (team desperately needs what this kid brings, and the family history with the franchise doesn't hurt either)
- Cody Hodgson/Tyler Ennis (at least not yet. Not because either is OMG!inexpendable, but because our NHL center depth without either is pitiful, and the organization seems very high on their future and kind of enamored with Cody's work ethic/leadership potential. If/when Grigorenko and Girgensons are in the NHL, then someone will have to go)

Unlikely to be moved:
- Ryan Miller
- Christian Ehrhoff

Bourne Endeavor 11-25-2012 08:23 AM

I'll preface this by saying these are players unlikely to be traded from either of my teams.

:nucks

Henrik Sedin
Daniel Sedin
Ryan Kesler
Alexander Burrows
Dan Hamhuis
Cory Schneider*
Jannik Hansen
Nicklas Jensen

*Only in the event Luongo is traded, although to some he untouchable even now.

:habs

Carey Price
P.K. Subban
Max Pacioretty
Josh Gorges
Alex Galchenyuk
Nathan Beaulieu

Zippy316 11-25-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlaverty06 (Post 56015753)
I just see a lot of "Oh we'd never trade this player" , so just like to hear who you wouldn't trade
so for

:devils

Kovalchuk
Elias
Clarkson
Larsson
Brodeur

I'd argue Henrique and Josefson there too, but I would deal them for the right deal, but any trades proposed on here I wouldn't.

Schalkenullvier* 11-25-2012 08:24 AM

why wouldn't a guy like Clarkson be traded?

For the B's I'd argue only Chara is safe. Then Bergeron is in the 95% sure category, Seguin and Lucic maybe Hamilton a step below, everyone else is fair game

hlaverty06 11-25-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor (Post 56015943)
:nucks

Henrik Sedin
Daniel Sedin
Ryan Kesler
Alexander Burrows
Dan Hamhuis
Cory Schneider*
Nicklas Jensen

*Only in the event Luongo is traded, although to some he untouchable even now.

:habs

Carey Price
P.K. Subban
Max Pacioretty
Josh Gorges
Alex Galchenyuk
Nathan Beaulieu

What about Hansen? Most Canucks fans love his game, would they trade him?

The the above poster, Clarkson does a lot in the community here in NJ, real team player, and really bought into Lou and would more than likely take a discount to play here.

FinHockey 11-25-2012 08:25 AM

:avs

Landeskog

Maybe Johnson and O'Reilly too.

Bourne Endeavor 11-25-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlaverty06 (Post 56015973)
What about Hansen? Most Canucks fans love his game, would they trade him?

Knew there was someone I was forgetting. Although, down the road I could see Hansen going, even if very remote.

Sureves 11-25-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boucher77 (Post 56015839)
I'd argue Neil and Spezza on that list.

I almost put Neil, but I feel he along with Spezza are on the "really don't want to trade" list rather than the "in no way would we ever trade them (unless they requested a trade)" list.

But yeah, very very unlikely those two would be traded to I agree, but there's virtually a 0% chance the 3 I named get moved unless they ask for it.

CREW99AW 11-25-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ8812 (Post 56015875)
anyone can be traded, don't kid yourself

I agree. But, I do think the cost of some players would be so high, that it wouldn't be worth it to other teams.

To move 22 yr old Tavares, I'd want a young center back with similar or higher upside: Stamkos. Now that trade makes no sense for TB because Stamkos outproduces Tavares, but that's the type of return I'd want for the Tavares.

Other NYI, I think would cost an overpayment for would be Hamonic, Moulson, Grabner and Okposo. Hamonic because he's developing into a stud and Moulson/Grabner/KO because of their team friendly contracts.

Zippy316 11-25-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier (Post 56015959)
why wouldn't a guy like Clarkson be traded?

For the B's I'd argue only Chara is safe. Then Bergeron is in the 95% sure category, Seguin and Lucic maybe Hamilton a step below, everyone else is fair game

He's on the really don't want to trade list with Henrique, JJ, Zajac, etc. Untouchables is a bit far IMO.

LeHabsMan 11-25-2012 08:39 AM

Carey Price
Max Pacioretty
Alex Galchenyuk

PK Subban and Josh Gorges would need a HUGE return.

birddog* 11-25-2012 08:39 AM

History suggests anyone can be traded. The best player in the game. Players on no-trade contracts. Players that have just signed lifetime deals. That said, players most unlikely to be dealt on the TML would be:

Tier 1
Kessel
Phaneuf
Rielly
Gardiner
JVR - JVR gets in here as do a few on the list because of potential and the size he adds to the top 6.

You can add the Leafs 2013 first round pick to that list.

The next tier in terms of value -- not tradability -- because anyone can be dealt would be:

Tier 2
Lupul - again a top 6 with some size.
Grabovski - not a number one but the teams top center

Tier 3
Bozak
Kulemin
Liles
McClemment
Gunnarson
McArthur
Franson

Few players that play a vital role and have value, but that value has largely been defined and you know what you'd be giving up.

Tier 4
Kadri
Biggs
Colborne
Percy
Finn
Ashton
Ross
Matt Frattin

As a rule you don't trade young assets when rebuilding. Not when these assets are only going to increase in value. It's just hard to tell what you are giving up here.

Tier 5
Brown -- every team needs a 13th forward

Tier 6
Connolly
Lombardi
Komisarik

Their contracts and poor play indicate their spot would be better served by playing a young kid and spending the cap room on an elite player.

RBR 11-25-2012 08:43 AM

:sharks

Joe Thornton
Logan Couture
Brent Burns
Marc-Edouard Vlasic
Joe Pavelski (yes, he is untouchable people!!)
Patrick Marleau (despite what some want, he is never leaving the Sharks)

Ivan13 11-25-2012 08:45 AM

The only player who has no chance of being traded both on Avs and Habs is Milan Hejduk.

Pantherfan12 11-25-2012 08:45 AM

I wouldn't trade from the Panthers

Versteeg
Fleishmman
Weiss
Gudbranson
Kulikov
Markstrom
Bjugstad
Huberdeau
Campbell
Petrovic
Goc
Bergenhiem
Mueller

I know my list isn't superstars but these players have actually done very well for our team, or are very great prospects with a lot of promise. (Mueller is new but I am excited to see him play)

Dolph Ziggler 11-25-2012 08:57 AM

Realistically speaking

:blues:

Alex Pietrangelo
David Backes
Vladimir Tarasenko
Jaroslav Halak

There are other players that are highly unlikely to be traded but I can't see a trade that another team would be willing to make that the Blues would make involving one of those four.

Sparksrus3 11-25-2012 08:59 AM

Tavares . All others available if a trade makes us better.yes even Hamonic if a better player comes back

DatsyukToZetterberg 11-25-2012 09:04 AM

:wings

Datsyuk (If he shows he is headed back to Russia after his current contract and the wings are sucking he could get moved at the deadline)
Zetterberg
Kronwall
Howard
Nyquist

stayinalive 11-25-2012 09:13 AM

:pens
Crosby
Malkin
Neal
Sutter
Letang
Morrow