HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Do you want a bad or good season ? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=12979)

Maithz 09-20-2003 08:22 PM

Do you want a bad or good season ?

Ok I explain , If we have a bad season we will have better chance to land Ovechkin but if we have a good season , we will have more chances to make the playoffs and play more games .

For my opinion , somes of you will think I'm crazy but I want a bad season , I want the best chance to land Ovechkin .

Marchy79 09-20-2003 08:44 PM

I don't just want a good season, I want a great season! :handclap:

Kirk Muller 09-20-2003 08:50 PM

Whether it is realistic or not, the ultimate goal is always the Stanley Cup, and to hope your team finishes last questions me to why someone would even watch the sport, and question if someone is a die hard fan.

Heres the thing, sweet we finish deadlast, oh but wait, we still might not land Ovechin. Maybe attendance suffers, we can't afford players, harder to attract free agents, harder to keep free agents, the possible negative impact on the youngsters, the losing atmosphere, etc.... Remembe this on top of Montreal already having trouble signing players because of taxes and the media.

Also, I have an inkling that as soon as say they want to tank, the same people would come on here every day and complain how bad this team is and how we should dismantle it all.

SwedenRulez 09-21-2003 01:39 AM

What a fan want every season: The Cup!

Seriously, the fans that want a bad season are not fans.

zurg999 09-21-2003 03:49 AM

Sorry Habs-65, but that's what I'd have to call that a a p*ss-poor attitude. Let's look forward instead to building a contender the right way.

Cheers!

Guy Damien Lafleur 09-21-2003 05:10 AM

Good Season!

The tradition in Montreal was not built by pretenders. Warriors who came to work each and every game built it. The GM Bob Gainey is one of them. This guy played with the greats. If you even think that he will accept mediocrity. You are wrong. He will not allow the fans of MTL that watch and pay their salaries get ripped off by deceitful performances. Gainey knows how privileged they are to practice this profession, at all the $$$ that comes with it. We will not play for a bad season to increase our chances of landing Ovechin. The day we do this. will mean the end of Hockey in MTL.

Histrion 09-21-2003 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwedenRulez
What a fan want every season: The Cup!

Seriously, the fans that want a bad season are not fans.

No, they are fans that wants to have multiple good seasons ahead of them and that are good fans enough to wait until that day. In case you never noticed, the bandwagonners are the one who always want the team to win and quit if they lose. The thing is there will most likely not be a 2004-2005 season, the team that lands Ovechkin may very well land Crosby too, that can make up for a dinasty, in case you never realized it.

BrettHabs24 09-21-2003 05:39 AM

This is a ridiculous poll.

Whoever voted BAD SEASON should be ashamed.

Histrion 09-21-2003 05:43 AM

Yeah, I want to the team to have long-term success, I should definitly be ashamed. :rolleyes:

Munchausen 09-21-2003 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awesome`
The thing is there will most likely not be a 2004-2005 season, the team that lands Ovechkin may very well land Crosby too, that can make up for a dinasty, in case you never realized it.

I don't think the NHL will "allow" this scenario to happen. It wouldn't be fair for the other teams. They'll likely figure out a different way than just taking the teams' rankings from the previous year for the 2005 draft. If not, every bottom tier team would then be able to land two future franchise players for the price of one, which is, again, very unlikely. They might just cancel the 2005 draft all together from what we know (if there's no hockey in 2004 that is). That would make for a very deep 2006 draft.

HABitual 09-21-2003 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plekanec
Our defensive corpse will be alot more effective and respectable...

I hope that was a Freudian slip :joker:

tipping point 09-21-2003 05:48 AM

I honestly don't care if they do good or bad...i don't expect great things from the habs this year, I just want the season to start so i can watch my favourite team play some hockey. Good or bad, i'll be there to support them. I think the team is going in the right direction (with good young players and guys like Savard Gainey Timmins and Gauthier at the helm) and that's all I care about

Histrion 09-21-2003 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tipping point
I honestly don't care if they do good or bad...i don't expect great things from the habs this year, I just want the season to start so i can watch my favourite team play some hockey. Good or bad, i'll be there to support them. I think the team is going in the right direction (with good young players and guys like Savard Gainey Timmins and Gauthier at the helm) and that's all I care about

Great attitude! That's what I will do too, whatever happens, the Habs will have my support.

BrettHabs24 09-21-2003 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awesome`
Yeah, I want to the team to have long-term success, I should definitly be ashamed. :rolleyes:

Ovechkin automatically means long term success??

Why cant the success start now?

8b 09-21-2003 05:59 AM

What habs fan could be stupid enough to vote for a bad season, even for a marvelous prospect?

BrettHabs24 09-21-2003 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8b
What habs fan could be stupid enough to vote for a bad season, even for a marvelous prospect?

Exactly.

Histrion 09-21-2003 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrettHabs24
Ovechkin automatically means long term success??

Why cant the success start now?

Why can't it start now?

1. We don't have a great 1-2 punch down the middle.

2. Aside from Zednik, we don't have any goalscoring winger.

3. The team plays with no heart, Theodore get ridden in nights in and nights out and no one seems to be giving a crap about it.

4. We might have good prospects coming up, but I seriously doubt we have any future superstar in that bunch.

I'd want us to have a bonafide franchise player on who we could rely for the next ten years, is that a bad thing?

Compared to the other organisation, we might have a good bunch of prospect, but a lot of these organisation actually have a good starting lineup, which we obviously don't!

Of course I'd like this team to win, and win it all! Will they? I seriously doubt it. I want us to get that franchise player for one thing: be absolutly sure that these years of watching this team struggle won't have been useless.

Garnet 09-21-2003 06:35 AM

This Team

I would love to see the Habs have a good season but the fact is that a couple games above .500 is about the max I think for the Habs. I hope for better. I sport its best the finish first or dead last!!!. If we got Ovechin(sp) Imagine after the lock out Ovechin, Kasty, Perez, Higgins, Hainsey and Komi all on the team. WOW theats pretty good.

I hope for a good season tho I see both sides.

CHareth 09-21-2003 06:39 AM

What a ridiculous poll this is. Yes, let's play like a bunch of quitters and throw a glorious tradition out the window in the feeble hope that *one* magical player will come save this franchise. Who knows, maybe Ovechkin will turn out to be the best thing since Lemieux. Frankly, who gives a *****? I'd rather have a team that plays some exciting hockey with a lot of guts and determination to make the playoffs rather than a collective group of half-wits who sit back waiting for their savior.

As for Ovechkin, who knows, maybe he becomes a prima donna who refuses to sign a contract. Or who knows, maybe he suffers so many injuries that he can't even be a factor. The bottom line is that the Habs still have talented prospects right now, and the team will have to win with what it's got.

Bud The Spud* 09-21-2003 07:42 AM

I want the best season we can possibly have. I think it's ridiculous to want a bad season.

tinyzombies 09-21-2003 08:00 AM

I could go for a season like 2002 again, or a really really bad season that puts us right near Pittsburgh. I want the Cup, and whatever gets us closer I'm all for it.

Especially since we are operating on fumes with a lot of these veterans. I just wouldn't want to see the confidence of the young players ruined. A couple key injuries and it will be a long season.

As long as we aren't a mediocre team on the bubble that misses the playoffs... that's all I ask.

And of course I hope Saku is ok.

danboulie 09-21-2003 08:44 AM

I hope for a good season.
The only time I give up hope for the Canadiens for a season is after they are mathematically eliminated.

Kerberos 09-21-2003 09:06 AM

I think that the best thing to do would be to trade away all the aging veterans who have no chance of being still playing once the team has some success. We then fill the roster with younsters and see what they can do.

Go Habs Go 09-21-2003 11:39 AM

I do not wish for the Habs to have a bad season. Of course I want them to succeed. But if they're going to miss the playoffs, or make it in the 8th position and get eliminated in 4 games, I would rather they were last place or near the bottom to get a good draft pick.

Corey 09-21-2003 07:42 PM

What a foolish notion! Even if the Habs don't make the playoffs, they're far from the bottom in talent. (Pittsburgh has that locked up, and there are other teams in both conferences that are weaker than the Habs.) So you can forget about Ovechkin.