HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   TV: The Walking Dead: Season 3 (Part IV) Returns Feb. 10th (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1298001)

MrWoof 11-26-2012 12:33 PM

The Walking Dead: Season 3 (Part IV) Returns Feb. 10th

Continuing on from the last thread....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo (Post 56040073)
Kinda pissed me off how michonne didn't mention one word about Andrea or Merle to Rick. Is it that hard to put the pieces together Michonne? Andrea knows Merle, who knows Glenn, who knows the rest of the group. UGGGGGG

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo (Post 56040079)
He will probably be replaced, just like T-dog:laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protest the Hero (Post 56040453)
Then there wouldn't be as much drama when they confront Merle and Andrea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly (Post 56041085)
In the previews I saw, Daryl was still crouching down outside the compound and arguing with Rick about Merle. So she must tell them before they attack the place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleven (Post 56041407)
I have a couple potential deal-breakers for me. I can suspend disbelief with the best of them, but...this first one isn't too bad: The Governor must either be stupid, or a coward. I can't believe he is a coward because he walked up in the middle of armed US military and blasted one of them point blank. So he's stupid. He is the leader of all these people yet he took Merle's word that the prison could not be cleared? No way I can believe that he could be such a capable leader and just dismiss the chance to plunder the supplies by taking on dead people instead of live ones.

And second, this one is hard for me to look past. Ricks group took riot gear to clear the prison, but they went off to battle with armed humans wearing only the clothes on their backs. I cannot accept that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by End of Line (Post 56041633)
Good build up episode.

The Governor is a sadistic piece of ****, and Glen is a boss.

Spoil:
For those who saw the clip of next week during the Talking Dead, Michonne comes face to face with Penny right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by HawksFan74 (Post 56042369)
You makes some good points. I'm with you on the 2nd one. The 1st one, possibly the Governor didn't think the prison was that big of a deal at the time. Merle says it's overrun, so be it. Kind of strange how he got so upset about it. If they can take out a squad of National Guard, they can clear a prison.

Quote:

Originally Posted by awesomo (Post 56042709)
There were like 5 soldiers and like hundreds of walkers in the prison

Quote:

Originally Posted by HawksFan74 (Post 56042855)
.... and how many people in Rick's group did the job? The Governor's group is better equipped. Walkers don't shoot back. To my previous point, the governor probably did not press the issue with Merle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Brown (Post 56043493)
I hope Darryl doesn't betray Rick and the group. They need his help badly. Going to be interesting to see how they do against the Governor's people considering there are only four of them in Rick's group.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyPipkin (Post 56043645)
The Gov seems to differ to Merle a lot. Like how Merle was going to tell him Michonne was dead. He's probably cut corners on a lot of jobs the Gov gave him to do.

I personally think when Daryl and Merle meet up Daryl will be leaning to joining up with Merle until Merle does something to Carol and then Daryl will lose it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Kingslayer (Post 56043721)
Glen is straight gangsta. The Governor is a scary POS. Cant wait for next week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWoof (Post 56044073)
The Governor is what Shane would have eventually turned into with the sociopathic tendencies he showed over the past two seasons. So if they couldn't make it work with Shane, even in a perfect utopian zombie apocalyptic world, I'm not sure two groups like Woodbury and the Prison could ever co-exist. Plus, the Governor has such a messiah complex he's not going to let anything threaten the good thing he has going on.

Doesn't he usually pluck the ones he uses out of the brains of zombies if he has the time? I can't remember. I also am ignorant as to whether or not one particular type of crossbow can only use a certain type of arrow... if so, yeah, I would imagine that his supply would have to eventually run out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWoof (Post 56044145)
So much better. That was probably one of the best episodes of it yet. That sneak-peak left me wanting so much more.

I think that he actually comes across better on the TV show than the graphic novels, but maybe that's just me. It could also be a combination of David Morrissey's fantastic acting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyPipkin (Post 56044183)
If Glenn had been that bad ass last week he never would have gotten captured:laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWoof (Post 56044253)
I think that part of the reason he got upset in that scene was because of the fact that he knows there is another group out there that could potentially threaten their security. If his guys couldn't, or didn't think they could clear the prison and another group did it I'd imagine it's two pronged and he also is annoyed at the incompetence or cowardice of Merle etc. for not making an effort.

And thinks that she's actually alive too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HawksFan74 (Post 56044255)
He does when he has time too. There are times where they had to run. Last episode he had a ton of arrows for some reason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Kingslayer (Post 56044315)
Agreed but he showed up when it counted. I feel a grueling death for the Governor coming

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyPipkin (Post 56044341)
I'm just waiting for Andrea to catch up with everything. That will be a messed up scene.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeliDevil (Post 56044521)
I think Merle turns before Darryl would. Though it will be interesting to see Merle's first interaction with Rick. In this crazy, messed up zombie apocalypse, who knows if Darryl will even care about his brother anymore. Not likely but who knows.

HeliDevil 11-26-2012 12:56 PM

The mid-season finale certainly will be a good one.

wedge 11-26-2012 01:03 PM

I don't like Andrea but you have to put yourself in her situation. You've been struggling with life for more than a year and you find a place where there are no walkers. The governor has always been nice to her and she has no way to know what happens being the scene. Michonne investigated because she's a survivor.

After more than a year fighing death and find yourself in what seems to be a paradise, I'm sure most of you would do exactly like her and think you've finally found a place to be happy and survive.

plus the governor is taking advantage of her needs for alcohol.

MSPGabe 11-26-2012 01:25 PM

Do we know when the show comes back? February?

silverfish 11-26-2012 01:49 PM

Good build up episode, for sure. Lots of tension.

I was hoping the two-sides would meet this episode, but should have figured how they were going to do it.

Maggie, come on girl. She was going to take the **** and sexual assault but the second the gun goes to Glen's head she outs the group? And with only Carl back at the place to protect them (though I know Maggie didn't know that). Looks like it's going to get messy next episode, in Woodbury and in the prison.

JGRB 11-26-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverfish (Post 56046489)
Good build up episode, for sure. Lots of tension.

I was hoping the two-sides would meet this episode, but should have figured how they were going to do it.

Maggie, come on girl. She was going to take the **** and sexual assault but the second the gun goes to Glen's head she outs the group? And with only Carl back at the place to protect them (though I know Maggie didn't know that). Looks like it's going to get messy next episode, in Woodbury and in the prison.

Really? You find this hard to believe? I don't. The only way i'd spill the beans is if the person I loved most was being held at gunpoint. Theyd already tortured him, and past incidences show the Governor wouldve killed him.

Rick is going to end up whoopin the Governor's ass.

silverfish 11-26-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JGRB (Post 56047025)
Really? You find this hard to believe? I don't. The only way i'd spill the beans is if the person I loved most was being held at gunpoint. Theyd already tortured him, and past incidences show the Governor wouldve killed him.

Rick is going to end up whoopin the Governor's ass.

Hm, I suppose. It was just so "stand tough, stand tough, stand tough, OH **** GLEN they're at a prison!"

RedWhiteBlackGold 11-26-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverfish (Post 56047567)
Hm, I suppose. It was just so "stand tough, stand tough, stand tough, OH **** GLEN they're at a prison!"

They didn't really interrogate her though. She was willing to sacrifice her dignity but wasn't willing to sacrifice the one she loves.

I understand it but yeah kind of makes Glen getting his ass beaten pointless. But it was either spilling the beans or Glen being killed.

HawksFan74 11-26-2012 03:06 PM

I said while Glenn was getting beaten on all they really needed to do is threaten one of their lives if the other didn't cough up the info. The rest of it was to satisfy Merle and the Governor's vices.

Behn Wilson 11-26-2012 03:18 PM

I havent seen anyone else predict this but my gut feeling of what is going to happen is that Merle is going to kill The Governor as there will be a conflict between the two when the Governor finds out that Michonne is still alive, finding out that Merle lied to him about this.

Michonne will likely kill Merle then and there will be some conflict in the group going forward between Michonne & Daryl. Andrea will rejoin Rick's group as possibly will the mad scientest. I would have liked to see Merle join Ricks group. Michael Rooker is fantastic as a villain on this show and I wish he would still be around. But after torturing Glen and trying to kill Michonne it is not possible for him to be in this group anymore.

I hope neither Maggie or Glen get killed. That would be a serious buzzkill.

Id say the only 3 characters that are bullet proof from being killed are Rick, Daryl, & Michonne. They are too popular to off (unless the actors have other gigs lined up and are going to leave the show anyway.

Protest the Hero 11-26-2012 03:18 PM

From the last thread, people were talking about the governors group being better equipped than Rick's, meaning they should have been able to clear out the prison, but the whole point is that Rick's group are master zombie slayers now. They spent the last year surviving on their own using guns as little as possible, meanwhile Merle and co. have been taking their teeth out and fake wrestling with them.

Hanta Yo 11-26-2012 03:20 PM

Excited for the likely confrontation between Rick and The Governor.

Kevin27nyi 11-26-2012 04:22 PM

Can't prove it yet but I think I totally saw Tyreese at the end of the last episode. He was walking from the wall to the street with a bow.

Diamondillium 11-26-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI (Post 56050881)
Can't prove it yet but I think I totally saw Tyreese at the end of the last episode. He was walking from the wall to the street with a bow.

That was Shupert (Bowman). He's in the first 2 Woodburry episodes.

Kevin27nyi 11-26-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamondillium (Post 56051023)
That was Shupert (Bowman). He's in the first 2 Woodburry episodes.

Really? Damn. The camera followed him and with the beard and looking at Coleman online I thought it was him. Wonder why the camera followed him..

Johnny Bravo 11-26-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI (Post 56051093)
Really? Damn. The camera followed him and with the beard and looking at Coleman online I thought it was him. Wonder why the camera followed him..

I think it was to show the vulnerability of the wall. The others guarding it looked pretty inadequate to say the least.

DuckJet 11-26-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI (Post 56050881)

I'm thinking that prisoner that's in the group now is gonna take Tyreese's role. That's my feeling.

SilasAdams 11-26-2012 05:01 PM

pretty sure Cutty from the wire was cast as Tyreese

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=42292

anyway, Between this and Boardwalks finale next week it's gonna be an epic action packed sunday :)

HawksFan74 11-26-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protest the Hero (Post 56049133)
From the last thread, people were talking about the governors group being better equipped than Rick's, meaning they should have been able to clear out the prison, but the whole point is that Rick's group are master zombie slayers now. They spent the last year surviving on their own using guns as little as possible, meanwhile Merle and co. have been taking their teeth out and fake wrestling with them.

Rick's group took the prison out of necessity. They had no place to go. The Governor's group would base it off of risk and reward. Is it worth it? Then again the decision was a result of Merle's opinion.

The Master Zombie tag for Rick's group doesn't fit. Both groups know how to handle Zombies at this point. The Governor has stressed numerous times the importance of conserving ammunition. Rick really had no choice at this point. He had to find a safe place for Lori to have the baby.

yakitate304 11-26-2012 05:29 PM

Fantastic episode.

Just one hitch for me, and maybe I'm missing something... Merle & co. capture Maggie and Glen, who are clearly by themselves. Why would the Governor assume that their group is searching for Woodbury to rescue them? They think Michonne is dead, so the only person who might have been in the area to witness what went down, and who knows where Woodbury is, is a non-issue in their eyes.

JGRB 11-26-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HawksFan74 (Post 56051807)
Rick's group took the prison out of necessity. They had no place to go. The Governor's group would base it off of risk and reward. Is it worth it? Then again the decision was a result of Merle's opinion.

The Master Zombie tag for Rick's group doesn't fit. Both groups know how to handle Zombies at this point. The Governor has stressed numerous times the importance of conserving ammunition. Rick really had no choice at this point. He had to find a safe place for Lori to have the baby.

Rick will become the new governor when it's all said and done, maybe even the president? :sarcasm:

Mr Fahrenheit 11-26-2012 05:45 PM

Governor is gonna kill Merle in front of Daryl

HawksFan74 11-26-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yakitate304 (Post 56052243)
Fantastic episode.

Just one hitch for me, and maybe I'm missing something... Merle & co. capture Maggie and Glen, who are clearly by themselves. Why would the Governor assume that their group is searching for Woodbury to rescue them? They think Michonne is dead, so the only person who might have been in the area to witness what went down, and who knows where Woodbury is, is a non-issue in their eyes.

There really shouldn't be any sense of urgency on the Governor's part. He is just paranoid about anyone near by that may have the power to overthrow him. Same as he did with the National Guard.

Protest the Hero 11-26-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HawksFan74 (Post 56051807)

We were shown early in the season how good they are at working together to take out hordes of zombies, and they made a point to mention how there is no way a group of 10 could clear out that prison. That's how they are playing it up on the show.

Congo Jack 11-26-2012 06:03 PM

I really wonder who Carl was talking about when he said, " you have to leave her!"