HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   HFNHL Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Preseason notices (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1298011)

PasiK 11-26-2012 12:51 PM

Preseason notices

Injuries!

goalies are tired already in preseason and 7 are injured at the moment, two sharks goalies.
this is no real hockey so it is not possible to replace starter and backup with farm goalies as ratings are not realistic for them. In real life AHL goalies can replace NHL goalies, but not in HFNHL.

Why do we need Injuries?

Canuck09 11-26-2012 01:33 PM

So starters can't play 82 games.

MatthewFlames 11-26-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PasiK (Post 56045011)
Injuries!

goalies are tired already in preseason and 7 are injured at the moment, two sharks goalies.
this is no real hockey so it is not possible to replace starter and backup with farm goalies as ratings are not realistic for them. In real life AHL goalies can replace NHL goalies, but not in HFNHL.

Why do we need Injuries?

Injuries are a part of hockey. I personally like that goalies get tired now (just like in real life) and GM's can't play them 80 games. That was a tad unrealistic.

EDIT: It should be noted that there will be more rest days and days between games in the real schedule as opposed to this condensed pre-season schedule

PasiK 11-26-2012 02:30 PM

theodore has played 4 gms and Karlsson 3 and both are now injured, and they didnt even played games in a row, I rested Theo in third game.

and also there was rest days as Sharks didnt play every day, what the heck did Theodore do in his rest days .... at least he didnt get rest.

Canuck09 11-26-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MatthewFlames (Post 56046229)
Injuries are a part of hockey. I personally like that goalies get tired now (just like in real life) and GM's can't play them 80 games. That was a tad unrealistic.

EDIT: It should be noted that there will be more rest days and days between games in the real schedule as opposed to this condensed pre-season schedule

Is fatigue based on a scale of shots against still? Or was that the old SIM?

Brock 11-26-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PasiK (Post 56047755)
theodore has played 4 gms and Karlsson 3 and both are now injured, and they didnt even played games in a row, I rested Theo in third game.

and also there was rest days as Sharks didnt play every day, what the heck did Theodore do in his rest days .... at least he didnt get rest.

Maybe it was a Propecia accident.

Dr.Sens(e) 11-27-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PasiK (Post 56047755)

For your Sharks, one goalie has below average endurance (63), and the other has virtually no endurance (33). Meanwhile, you are giving up over 36 shots per game, third worst in the league.

During the regular season, you will be able to rotate them game to game for the most part, but it is obviously something you will need to stay on top of given you don't have a goalie who has played a lot of games in the last few years. This was something you could get away with before, but no longer (at the same time, your Sharks are doing pretty well just the same!)

In the end, teams will have to manage their goalies a lot better, and starters won't automatically be good for 70 games anymore.

For the Blues, Howard has decent EN (75), but is exhausted after 6 straight starts. Seems about right and a lot more realistic.

MatthewFlames 11-27-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canuck09 (Post 56047857)
Is fatigue based on a scale of shots against still? Or was that the old SIM?

Yes, part of it is that goalies become more fatigued if they face more shots. When I sim later I'll post the exact stats.