HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Your Team's Biggest Current Rivalries (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1298221)

pcuk 11-26-2012 06:10 PM

Your Team's Biggest Current Rivalries

For your local team, which opposing NHL teams would you consider their biggest and most heated rivals currently? And why?

Don't be afraid to be honest, but please keep this thread cool and civil. Don't want this to become a big hatefest where fans start fighting. I just want to hear your opinions :)

TwistedWrister90 11-26-2012 06:10 PM

Detroit, Vancouver, St. Louis

Nashville kinda

Ninja Hertl 11-26-2012 06:30 PM

sharks fan:

ducks, wings, vancouver (?)

manilaNJ 11-26-2012 06:30 PM

Pretty straight forward for the Devils

1. Rangers - not just divisional, but territorial
2. Flyers - same as above + a lot of playoff history
3. Hurricanes - Out of the 5 times the Canes have been in the playoffs, 4 of those have resulted in a match up with the Devils. 3 of those times resulted in heartbreaking losses.

AJMHABS 11-26-2012 06:33 PM

:habs

Rivals:
1.:bruins Obvious reasons.
2.:flyers Always a scrum or bad blood between the 2 teams ex. playoffs of 2010.
3.:leafs Obvious reasons, but needs a kick to kindle the rivalry like a playoffs series.

Kings man 4 life 11-26-2012 06:59 PM

:kings2

:ducks2 obvious reasons

:sharks Nor-Cal vs. So-Cal and divisional rivals.

:nucks playoffs have started a good rivalry

Future rivals I see coming...

:blues good intense play-off series and both young teams that will run into each other again.

:coyotes decent team that will has always given the team fits and after the Western Conference Finals I see it escalating.

ZARTONK 11-26-2012 07:02 PM

Boston AINEC

Trap Jesus 11-26-2012 07:02 PM

:bruins

They've made a lot of enemies.

Biggest Rival

1. Canadiens

Secondary Rivalries

2. Sabres - All the ingredients are there (Playoffs, many "incidents", player rivalries, etc.), and it will only get more heated from here on out with Ott

3. Flyers - A rivalry built on the Playoffs and similar hard-hitting styles; there have been some questionable hits between the two, but I think most of the rivalry has to do with mutual respect. The games are very entertaining but I don't think it's really a bad-blooded rivalry.

4. Canucks - Still a lot of bad blood there, and less games against each other means the atmosphere will always be heightened when they do meet.

5. Hurricanes - They could almost be indifferent to us when you look at how one-sided the games have been, but I think they just like to troll.

HM: Stars - Random rivalry is random. We'll see what happens in the future, but I think Ott leaving means it could fizzle out.

Potential Rivalries

Lightning - Has the potential to be a rivalry, especially due to the playoffs, but it definitely isn't one yet. If Downie stayed it may have become a legit rivalry.

Capitals - Definitely not one yet, but rivalries are built in the playoffs. Another series or two could do it.

One-sided Rivalries

Penguins - Bruins fans hate the Penguins, but they're indifferent

Maple Leafs - Leafs fans hate the Bruins, but we're indifferent.

tbcwpg 11-26-2012 07:05 PM

The Jets haven't had much time to develop big rivalries necessarily, but I know the last couple of games between the Jets and Caps got pretty heated. I remember Brooks Laich being interviewed after a 3-2 Jets win in Winnipeg in March, he said (rough quote) "Well we definitely don't like them". That game got a bit nuts.

Taelin 11-26-2012 07:17 PM

Vancouver:

Chicago. Everyone else pales in comparison.

Boston, but a step below Chicago.

McTankel 11-26-2012 07:18 PM

:sabres

:bruins Lucic/Miller Incident. Division Rival.
:flyers Playoff match ups, dirty play, etc...

Pyrophorus 11-26-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trap Jesus (Post 56054707)
Maple Leafs - Leafs fans hate the Bruins, but we're indifferent.

I would say we're relatively indifferent.

DuckEatinShark 11-26-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharkohol (Post 56053901)
sharks fan:

ducks, wings, vancouver (?)

I would add LA in there, especially after the playoffs the year before. A few Kings fans were mad after they lost with a 4-0 lead in game 3.

UsernameWasTaken 11-26-2012 08:03 PM

:hawks

:wings
:nucks

LPH 11-26-2012 08:16 PM

Chicago

Boston
San Jose

I believe that most other fans from canadian teams dislike the Canucks, but I'm pretty indifferent

saskriders 11-26-2012 08:18 PM

Sens fan

Toronto
Buffalo
Nobody else

jroc86 11-26-2012 08:19 PM

Detroit:
San Jose, Pittsburgh, Chicago ... and now ... Nashville.

OilerNut* 11-26-2012 08:20 PM

Oilers Fan,

Flames
Canucks

The Nuge 11-26-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OilerNut (Post 56056773)
Oilers Fan,

Flames
Canucks

Also the Wild

HockeyFan100 11-26-2012 08:30 PM

For the Avalanche...... I have no clue. Their rivals with the Wings and Nucks went down a lot.

I guess I'll say Canucks. And I do see them becoming rivals with the Blues pretty soon.

FlaPnthrsPunk 11-26-2012 08:31 PM

I can't say the Panthers have any rivalries since besides last season, they absolutely sucked for ten years prior.

If us and the Lightning play each other in the playoffs, the rivalry instantly will begin. I think both fanbases has been waiting for that moment for years.

If we play the Devils again in the next playoffs, I can see something start to brew. Although, for me personally, I really enjoyed watching them play against them last season in the 1st round.

I can see rivalries start with the Jets down the line (if they continue to stay in the SE) and reform with the Canes as there always seems to be a bit more of the rough stuff against them.

If the Sharks were in the Eastern Conference, I could see something start with them too. The games against them are always some of the most entertaining each season.

Roo Mad Bro 11-26-2012 08:33 PM

Flyers

Pens
Rangers
Devils

Are the top 3.

Secondary are the Bruins, Sabres, Leafs, Habs, etc.

manilaNJ 11-26-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk (Post 56057063)
If we play the Devils again in the next playoffs, I can see something start to brew. Although, for me personally, I really enjoyed watching them play against them last season in the 1st round.

I know both of our teams get a lot of **** from a lot of other fan bases... but , I agree, there was definitely a little extra something in every game against each other.
The DeBoer factor and shared history between a handful of players had a lot to do with it... but I wouldn't be surprised if this matchup went somewhere.

Dellstrom 11-26-2012 08:39 PM

:bruins

Canadiens

Vancouver/Philly

We have a couple teams like the Sabres/Stars/Rangers/etc. where the games get scrappy, mostly the Sabres because of last season. But those 3 are our main rivalries. NY has huge potential if we ever meet in the playoffs.

ottawa* 11-26-2012 08:41 PM

For the Habs:

Boston
Leafs

Flyers