HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Detroit Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Bertuzzi: "I see us losing a year" (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1298337)

Z40 11-26-2012 11:39 PM

Bertuzzi: "I see us losing a year"

Quote:

According to the Detroit Free Press, Bertuzzi was attending a players-run practice on Monday when he stated he was "not very optimistic," that a deal could be reached and that "I see us losing a year."
Source: TSN

Bert actually sounded pretty sensible in the article. I'm glad he acknowledged just how disgusted the fans are with this whole thing.

FabricDetails 11-27-2012 12:48 AM

At first I thought the title of this thread said, "I see us having a losing year." Yeesh.

Harnessed in Slums 11-27-2012 10:18 AM

All I'll say on the topic is if you are a hockey fan you should want the players to win this time around. Why? Because if they do the NHL owners will be much less likely to go the lockout route for a fourth straight time after the CBA expires and as a result we probably will not lose a third season. Fehr destroyed the baseball owners in 1994-95 and they have not had any problems with lockouts or missed seasons for close to 20 years. Baseball fans get to watch baseball without any Gary Bettman-like histrionics. People who illogically support the owners cry about baseball missing one World Series and playoffs. Well guess what? We've lost one playoff, one Stanley Cup, one Winter Classic and are about to lose a second playoff and Stanley Cup.

Supporting the owners just means we'll go through all of this yet another time once the new CBA - whenever that is agreed upon - expires.

RedWingsNow* 11-27-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fabricoh (Post 56065465)
All I'll say on the topic is if you are a hockey fan you should want the players to win this time around. Why? Because if they do the NHL owners will be much less likely to go the lockout route for a fourth straight time after the CBA expires and as a result we probably will not lose a third season. Fehr destroyed the baseball owners in 1994-95 and they have not had any problems with lockouts or missed seasons for close to 20 years. Baseball fans get to watch baseball without any Gary Bettman-like histrionics. People who illogically support the owners cry about baseball missing one World Series and playoffs. Well guess what? We've lost one playoff, one Stanley Cup, one Winter Classic and are about to lose a second playoff and Stanley Cup.

Supporting the owners just means we'll go through all of this yet another time once the new CBA - whenever that is agreed upon - expires.

Not just lose...but lose big.

There is nothing about the owners proposal that changes the economics of the league that could prevent us from being here 5-6 years from now with the same scenario.

There are very few NHL businesses losing gobs of cash that don't deserve to be losing gobs of cash.

Either they're poorly run (Cbus, Islanders), they're intentionally spending more than they should (SJ), or they were put someone they never should have been (Glendale)

ricky0034 11-27-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

if the players won the league would probably be in such poor shape by the time the CBA expires that the owners would be forced to have a lockout regardless

Bench 11-27-2012 12:21 PM

I'm going to agree with Bert on this one.

doublejack 11-27-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

I support neither. At this point I would like nothing more than to see the NHL collapse or disappear into irrelevancy, and a new league to emerge with a different set of owners.

I know that's not what I'll get, but it is truly what I want. I ceased caring about the NHL or the CBA this time around. I'm not supporting either side.

Bob Probert Owns You 11-27-2012 02:06 PM

I miss hockey.

mindfly 11-27-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Probert Owns You (Post 56070411)
I miss hockey.

What is this hockey you're talking about?

Goalie guy 11-29-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doublejack (Post 56068217)
I support neither. At this point I would like nothing more than to see the NHL collapse or disappear into irrelevancy, and a new league to emerge with a different set of owners.

I know that's not what I'll get, but it is truly what I want. I ceased caring about the NHL or the CBA this time around. I'm not supporting either side.

I agree completely with you on this :nod:.

TatarTangle 11-29-2012 01:53 PM

I talked to him before training camp was slated to start up, he comes into my work quite a bit, and even then he said things weren't looking good and there's little hope. Which is why I have not tried to read into much of anything.

Sergei Samsonov comes in as well and I tried to get his take but couldn't get anything out of him.

Could care less at this point, I went to the Michigan vs Michigan State hockey game at Yost a couple weeks ago and had a blast. Going to get to Grand Rapids for dollar beer and hot dogs, maybe a Whalers game. Still plenty of hockey to be watched if you want to go bad enough.

Harnessed in Slums 11-29-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDrake28 (Post 56118769)
I talked to him before training camp was slated to start up, he comes into my work quite a bit, and even then he said things weren't looking good and there's little hope. Which is why I have not tried to read into much of anything.

Sergei Samsonov comes in as well and I tried to get his take but couldn't get anything out of him.

Could care less at this point, I went to the Michigan vs Michigan State hockey game at Yost a couple weeks ago and had a blast. Going to get to Grand Rapids for dollar beer and hot dogs, maybe a Whalers game. Still plenty of hockey to be watched if you want to go bad enough.

Good point, if you want to watch hockey you most certainly can. :nod: