HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   No Sabres? Who makes the WJC? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1298397)

heartsabres* 11-27-2012 05:51 AM

No Sabres? Who makes the WJC?

If there is no NHL during December then what sabres will be at the world juniors? Will any Amerks qualify(I guess only Girgensons can)?
Armia and Gregorenko....

Girgensons? Ullmark? McCabe?

It seems like Buffalo has pretty week under 20 age prospects.

tsujimoto74 11-27-2012 06:34 AM

Locks:
Armia (Finland), assuming he recovers from his concussion in time
Grigorenko (Russia)
Girgensons (Latvia)

Have a chance:
Ullmark (Sweden) - he's got a couple goalies to fight off to secure a spot, Dansk is a lock to start for them
McCabe (USA) - I think he'll be there for USA, not sure how big a role he'll get though
Catenacci (Canada) - unlikely but possible

Rammstein816 11-27-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 (Post 56062929)
Locks:
Armia (Finland), assuming he recovers from his concussion in time
Grigorenko (Russia)
Girgensons (Latvia)

Have a chance:
Ullmark (Sweden) - he's got a couple goalies to fight off to secure a spot, Dansk is a lock to start for them
McCabe (USA) - I think he'll be there for USA, not sure how big a role he'll get though
Catenacci (Canada) - unlikely but possible

The question is will the Sabres release Girgensons? Carolina said no on Faulk last year, because he was NHL ready, but if Rochester is short on forwards, I'd have to think the Sabres would say no. I posed a question on the US junior thread off the main board about Jacobs and Nelson (since the US seems to be weak at center outside of Galchenyuk). No response yet. I'd have to think their chances are slim, largely due to the Canadian Junior biased that the US has, not to mention that both are having average years, but not "playing their way onto the team".

heartsabres* 11-27-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rammstein816 (Post 56065967)
The question is will the Sabres release Girgensons? Carolina said no on Faulk last year, because he was NHL ready, but if Rochester is short on forwards, I'd have to think the Sabres would say no. I posed a question on the US junior thread off the main board about Jacobs and Nelson (since the US seems to be weak at center outside of Galchenyuk). No response yet. I'd have to think their chances are slim, largely due to the Canadian Junior biased that the US has, not to mention that both are having average years, but not "playing their way onto the team".

Where would it benefit Girgensons best? 6 games and bounced in the WJ or AHL? I
donīt think you can use Faulk as an example as there was NHL last year.

JPurp26 11-27-2012 03:53 PM

:sabres World Juniors 2013

Russia - Mikahil Grigorenko, Andrey Makarov
Finland - Joel Armia
Sweden - Linus Ullmark
Canada - Catenacci
USA - Jake McCabe
Latvia - Zemgus Girgensons

Now who actually makes it/is allowed to go is a tough one.

It will be tough to see if Girgensons is allowed to go, I imagine he will be able to

tsujimoto74 11-27-2012 04:03 PM

Ah, I forgot about Makarov. He'll definitely be backing up Vasilevsky for Russia. Kid has been lights out in every international tournament I've seen him in.