HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Other Chicago Sports/General Sports Thread - Cubs Sign Jackson, Villanueva (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1298681)

Cullksinikers 11-27-2012 07:47 PM

Other Chicago Sports/General Sports Thread - Cubs Sign Jackson, Villanueva

And. Here. We.

Go.

MurrayBannerman 11-27-2012 08:12 PM

Oh, I need a gif for this thread :D

MurrayBannerman 11-27-2012 08:23 PM

At the thought of getting Stanton

http://i.imgur.com/ncpda.gif

MurrayBannerman 11-27-2012 08:38 PM

Go IU

Cullksinikers 11-27-2012 09:27 PM

I am accepted at IU.

Let's just say that it's extremely hard to not let the basketball atmosphere factor into my decision.

MurrayBannerman 11-27-2012 09:47 PM

Campus lifestyle should definitely factor into your decision. College isn't a job, it's an experience.

Cullksinikers 11-27-2012 10:15 PM

It's more about price and direct admittance into my preferred major.

MurrayBannerman 11-27-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cullksinikers (Post 56081709)
It's more about price and direct admittance into my preferred major.

Ok, those are more important. :laugh:

Illinihockey 11-28-2012 12:06 AM

Went 6-0 on my predictions tonight

IU Hawks fan 11-28-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman
Heh, I didn't really even want to go to Purdue. It just ended up working out that way, so I didn't really want to adopt any of their teams.

That's like half the fun of college, though, rooting for those teams because they represent YOU. I mean, I never wanted to go to IU originally, it just ended up working out that way because I didn't get into U of I or Michigan St.

I just don't get how someone wouldn't want to be a part of all that in a place they are going to spend the best 4+ years of their life. And it's pretty much the 1 thing I have in common with all my friends today.

IU Hawks fan 11-28-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cullksinikers (Post 56080391)
I am accepted at IU.

Let's just say that it's extremely hard to not let the basketball atmosphere factor into my decision.

What's crazy is that it was pretty much the same when they were bad as it was yesterday. The UK, Illinois, and Purdue games my junior year were just insane.

MurrayBannerman 11-28-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan (Post 56086943)
That's like half the fun of college, though, rooting for those teams because they represent YOU. I mean, I never wanted to go to IU originally, it just ended up working out that way because I didn't get into U of I or Michigan St.

I just don't get how someone wouldn't want to be a part of all that in a place they are going to spend the best 4+ years of their life. And it's pretty much the 1 thing I have in common with all my friends today.

Sports aren't really a big deal here. It'd be one thing if I came during Hummell's hay day, but ever since then, the whole campus has been kind of jaded with sports.

IU Hawks fan 11-28-2012 08:54 AM

That's only cuz they're bad at both right now. That's not gonna be the case forever.

MurrayBannerman 11-28-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan (Post 56087761)
That's only cuz they're bad at both right now. That's not gonna be the case forever.

Just as long as they don't play Duke or ND, I still root for them anyways. Just not with any real tenacity or anything.

Plus, I still got a lot of school left for me and I doubt it all is going to be at Purdue.

Illinihockey 11-28-2012 09:54 AM

Cubs sniffing around Keppinger

Illinihockey 11-28-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman (Post 56087851)
Just as long as they don't play Duke or ND, I still root for them anyways. Just not with any real tenacity or anything.

Plus, I still got a lot of school left for me and I doubt it all is going to be at Purdue.

Duke and Notre Dame, you make it really hard to like you

RayP 11-28-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illinihockey (Post 56088721)
Cubs sniffing around Keppinger

Wouldn't be against it, he's a solid utility guy who can play the entire infield.

Cullksinikers 11-28-2012 10:23 AM

I know this sounds ridiculous, but I hate Keppinger. One of my least favorite players in baseball. Is he a bad guy? No. Was he pesky as an Astro and have a few walk-off hits against the Cubs? Yes.

Keppinger aboard would present a nice piece off the bench. It also presents an opportunity to trade Barney and have a second base replacement immediately.

Cullksinikers 11-28-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illinihockey (Post 56088735)

I have known people for years who have rooted for Duke and Notre Dame. What pisses me off is that they root for Duke basketball and Notre Dame football.

If you ask them about Duke football or Notre Dame basketball, they are clueless and pretend that they don't matter.

RayP 11-28-2012 10:32 AM

Why would you trade Barney? And what would you even start to ask for if you did give him up? Earliest he can be a FA is 2017. Since he doesn't have gaudy offensive numbers, I can't imagine you'd get anything in return that'd make it worth dealing him.

Illinihockey 11-28-2012 10:41 AM

Went 6-6 last night, have a good feeling about tonight

Iowa at Virginia Tech
Minnesota at Florida State
NC State at Michigan
Nebraska at Wake Forest
Maryland at Northwestern
North Carolina at Indiana
Virginia at Wisconsin
Purdue at Clemson
Michigan State at Miami
Georgia Tech at Illinois
Boston College at Penn State
Ohio State at Duke

8-4 Big 10

IU Hawks fan 11-28-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illinihockey (Post 56088735)

http://i.imgur.com/Kt69O.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cullksinikers (Post 56089329)
I have known people for years who have rooted for Duke and Notre Dame. What pisses me off is that they root for Duke basketball and Notre Dame football.

If you ask them about Duke football or Notre Dame basketball, they are clueless and pretend that they don't matter.

Exactly. They're fans of sports teams and not of schools. Which, to me, kind of just goes against what I think college sports stands for.

Cullksinikers 11-28-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayP (Post 56089451)
Why would you trade Barney? And what would you even start to ask for if you did give him up? Earliest he can be a FA is 2017. Since he doesn't have gaudy offensive numbers, I can't imagine you'd get anything in return that'd make it worth dealing him.

Selling high.

I am not sure if he is the two-bagger for the future. Dude obviously is among the best with the leather, but you can certainly sell high and use the Gold Glove to boost his value (or try to).

MurrayBannerman 11-28-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cullksinikers (Post 56089329)

I still kind of root for both of them. I like Renfree a lot at Duke. I'd like to see the Bears snatch him up for the practice squad.

But, man, did I dislike Luke Harangody something fierce.

MurrayBannerman 11-28-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayP (Post 56089451)

It's hard because I think he's key to Castro's defensive development. So, I would sell high only if we could get a suitable defensive replacement at 2B, or 3B for that matter.