HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Roberts Lipsbergs, LW [Seattle Thunderbirds, WHL](2013 overager) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1298705)

S E P H 11-27-2012 09:33 PM

Roberts Lipsbergs, LW [Seattle Thunderbirds, WHL](2013 overager)
 
Another smallish European forward who is more of a perimeter player, though has decent playmaking ability (has a good shot as well), solid hands, really good skater, and actually has decent offensive upside to have a good chance of being drafted as an overager. Stats, GP: 25 | G: 9 | A: 12 | P: 21
Also he is listed under the Bruins website for some reason so did he get invited to a prospect camp or did he sign a ELC?

Also has gained atleast 10-20 pounds to his frame since last season and is up to 5'11 - 195 currently. Probably not a top 3 round pick, but I can see a team take a chance on him around the 5th-6th rounds considering he is a bit less talented version of Bjorkstrand, IMO.

DrStrangelife 11-28-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S E P H (Post 56080571)
Another smallish European forward who is more of a perimeter player, though has decent playmaking ability (has a good shot as well), solid hands, really good skater, and actually has decent offensive upside to have a good chance of being drafted as an overager. Stats, GP: 25 | G: 8 | A: 12 | P: 20
Also he is listed under the Bruins website for some reason so did he get invited to a prospect camp or did he sign a ELC?

Also has gained atleast 10-20 pounds to his frame since last season and is up to 5'11 - 195 currently. Probably not a top 3 round pick, but I can see a team take a chance on him around the 5th-6th rounds considering he is a bit less talented version of Bjorkstrand, IMO.

At least in the official homepage it shows 9 Goals = hence 21 P

I think his chances to get drafted are very realistic, but of course only if he keeps this performance up.

Though I'm bit annoyed that he's only 5'11, it will take a miracle if he ends up playing in NHL.

S E P H 11-28-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrStrangelife (Post 56097963)
At least in the official homepage it shows 9 Goals = hence 21 P

I think his chances to get drafted are very realistic, but of course only if he keeps this performance up.

Though I'm bit annoyed that he's only 5'11, it will take a miracle if he ends up playing in NHL.

I think weight is more of a concern than height is. Like I said he gained a solid amount to his frame last offseason, so he knows what his weakness are.

BalticWarrior 12-01-2012 03:19 AM

Scored a goal yesterday so hes now (10+12) = 22 points in 26 games.

Latgale_fan 12-02-2012 04:20 AM

And add another one, now 11+12 = 23 points in 27 games. And the last two goals have been pretty good.

http://sportacentrs.com/hokejs/02122...reso_speli_pec
http://sportacentrs.com/hokejs/legio...et_winterhawks

S E P H 12-02-2012 09:12 PM

Holy crap this kid is on fire. Just score another one for the go ahead goal against a really good Kamloops late in the 3rd period.
E: Ohp, right when I said this Blazers tie the game.


Got the empty-netter as well.

Latgale_fan 12-03-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S E P H (Post 56198489)
Holy crap this kid is on fire. Just score another one for the go ahead goal against a really good Kamloops late in the 3rd period.
E: Ohp, right when I said this Blazers tie the game.


Got the empty-netter as well.

I've always been a big fan of his, my favourite of Latvian 1994s, even more than Girgensons and Blugers who were actually drafted last year. I thought that not drafting him last year was a mistake, sure he's smallish and there are probably other much better small scorers out there but he's also got what other small ''shooters'' often don't- he is not afraid to go to the net and now is also picking up kilos, compensating the lack of centimeters. So if he continues like this he might get another chance at the draft this year and then who knows...

BalticWarrior 12-08-2012 03:33 AM

Scored a goal last night he now has 15 goals,guy is totally on fire.

R S 12-08-2012 02:34 PM

One of the hottest goal scorers in the CHL currently. He's a talented kid.

Circulartheory 02-24-2013 05:25 PM

Watching him at the moment, will give a few thoughts on him later

Jamie Benn 02-25-2013 12:02 AM

I really like this kid, extremely talented player, more of a late bloomer then anything.

Latgale_fan 03-16-2013 07:30 AM

Now 63 games 26+28 = 54 points

R S 03-16-2013 04:15 PM

I could see some teams ranking him in the 4th or 5th round, he's a good player and has some great instincts around the net. Still not sure where he falls on my board, probably in the 6th round or so.

Latgale_fan 03-17-2013 05:05 AM

4 goals tonight, at the end second best rookie in scoring 64 games 30+28 = 58 points

Latgale_fan 03-23-2013 08:00 AM

Play-offs started with 1+2 in the first game, good start. If we take March totals, it's 9 games and 9 goals, 5 assists = 14 points

BalticWarrior 03-23-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latgale_fan (Post 62218331)
Play-offs started with 1+2 in the first game, good start. If we take March totals, it's 9 games and 9 goals, 5 assists = 14 points

Its almost expected that when Lipsbergs plays one goal is almost a guarantee these days:laugh:,but good for him,he still needs to develop his defensive game and who knows maybe he will be selected fairly high in the draft(4th round,maybe?)

S E P H 03-25-2013 09:16 PM

This guy has a bit of an edge to his game. He really isn't physical, but he doesn't take crap from anyone and was taunting the Portland fans after he scored, it was very Byfuglien like.

I thought he would be more of a top 6 or bust forward, but I think he could become a solid 3rd liner if he improves his overall game.

BalticWarrior 03-26-2013 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S E P H (Post 62411975)
This guy has a bit of an edge to his game. He really isn't physical, but he doesn't take crap from anyone and was taunting the Portland fans after he scored, it was very Byfuglien like.

I thought he would be more of a top 6 or bust forward, but I think he could become a solid 3rd liner if he improves his overall game.

I still think he has a shot at top 6 in NHL.

ozo 03-26-2013 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helo (Post 62430597)
I still think he has a shot at top 6 in NHL.

On a weak team, but in reality he has skillset of a successful third liner. But the thing is there tons of such players in every draft. Looks like he needs some draft luck and find a team which isn't loaded like Calgary.

S E P H 03-26-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helo (Post 62430597)
I still think he has a shot at top 6 in NHL.

Oh I wasn't saying he doesn't have top 6 potential because he definitely has it. I was just stating that if he isn't good enough for the top 6 or on a deep team, he can also play on the 3rd line.

Latgale_fan 04-03-2013 03:44 PM

I'd rather choose to see him as a bust in NHL and becoming KHL star than to become a third-liner in NHL...

R S 04-03-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latgale_fan (Post 63190975)
I'd rather choose to see him as a bust in NHL and becoming KHL star than to become a third-liner in NHL...

What's wrong with being a good 3rd liner in the NHL? :laugh:

derriko 04-03-2013 05:00 PM

how does he compare with the other rookie sensation...Parker Bowles?

S E P H 04-03-2013 06:30 PM

http://www.whl.ca/video/index/id/1365005927

He had a very good game yesterday and here are the highlights.

His physical game is just improving leaps and bounds since the start of the year.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.