HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Sj - edm (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1298795)

harro92 11-27-2012 11:49 PM

Sj - edm

Dan Boyle
for
Colten Teubert
Magnus Pääjärvi

What needs to be added ?

Nyquist 11-27-2012 11:55 PM

San Jose isn't going to trade Boyle for prospects and even if they were it would take a LOT more than those two.

The Bored Man 11-27-2012 11:56 PM

Hahahahaha

Haha

lol

DKQ 11-27-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harro92 (Post 56084073)
Dan Boyle
for
Colten Teubert
Magnus Pääjärvi

What needs to be added ?

Boyle still has 2 years (maybe 3 or 4) of good NHL hockey left in him. Teubert is IMO a long shot to make the NHL and is thus almost a non-factor. Is it really worth giving up 2 years of Boyle (the same 2 years in which Marleau, Thornton and Murray will be reaching what should be the end of their prime years) for having Paajarvi likely be a much less effective player 2 or more years down the road? With the Sharks current situation I think they'd rather have Boyle. I also think Boyle wouldn't be a good pickup for the Oilers, who should be in prime contention mode as Boyle is retiring.

glenbuis 11-28-2012 12:24 AM

Sanjose is much like Calgary in that the sooner they realize they should start their rebuild the better they will be down the road. At least sanjose has couture to build around. Maybe for Petry or paarjarvi and something else but not Teubert.

SLAPSHOT723 11-28-2012 12:25 AM

Dan Boyle isn't a guy that should be traded. I think he should retire a Shark.

SLAPSHOT723 11-28-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenbuis (Post 56084713)
Sanjose is much like Calgary in that the sooner they realize they should start their rebuild the better they will be down the road. At least sanjose has couture to build around. Maybe for Petry or paarjarvi and something else but not Teubert.

San Jose doesn't have to rebuild, they just need to retool. They have a lot of good, young talent in their NHL lineup (Couture, Pavelski, Burns, Vlasic, Demers) and veterans (Thornton, Marleau, Boyle, Havlat). They just don't have a good prospect pool.

oilerbear 11-28-2012 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harro92 (Post 56084073)
Dan Boyle
for
Colten Teubert
Magnus Pääjärvi

What needs to be added ?

7M to the Cap.

glenbuis 11-28-2012 12:34 AM

A first round loss to the Blues. I dont see Niemi or Greiss stealing games. Boyle has slowed considerably. Thorton and Marleau no longer dominate like they once did. Are they really still a cup contender or would they be better of to retool by getting some decent returns now for Thornton, Marleau and Boyle to compliment Couture, Pavelski, Burns, etc.

Oshie97 11-28-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenbuis (Post 56084881)
A first round loss to the Blues. I dont see Niemi or Greiss stealing games. Boyle has slowed considerably. Thorton and Marleau no longer dominate like they once did. Are they really still a cup contender or would they be better of to retool by getting some decent returns now for Thornton, Marleau and Boyle to compliment Couture, Pavelski, Burns, etc.

You make it sound like the Blues were a push over last yr... The Sharks have a decent window to be a contender still, I don't see the point of retooling or rebuilding for a least a couple yrs.

Boyle looks a little slower and is not as effective as he once was, I don't see teams offering anything that would blow the Sharks away for him. Probably better off holding on to him an decreasing his ice time keep him effective.

P U L L H A R D 11-28-2012 12:47 AM

If I'm SJ, I'm looking to make moves like this one. Sell off the old players to teams looking for the last piece and get some good young pieces in return.

Gunnin54 11-28-2012 01:19 AM

As a SJ fan no deal boyle should reitire as a Shark. Hes is a good mentor for young D men

Mattb124 11-28-2012 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenbuis (Post 56084881)

Boyle has slowed considerably? I am guessing you get most of your intel from reading internet chat rooms rather than watching hockey. Boyle was 8th in points last year (and played the first 1/3 of the season with a broken foot), 8th the year before, 4th the year before, 6th the year before, 4th 2 years before that (wrist injury in '07-08). From that, I gather he has slowed from being an elite offensive D-man in '06-'07 to....being an elite offensive d-man in '11-'12.

thadd 11-28-2012 02:55 AM

Might be a good hockey trade, but I don't want to let go of Magnus.

Aceonfire 11-28-2012 02:56 AM

Both Teubert and Paajarvi's value are at a low right now. SJ wouldn't take it and EDM won't offer it. To get Boyle it would take a roster player and a decent prospect like Marincin. I could see them wanting Hartikainen over Paajarvi anyways.

TheJuxtaposer 11-28-2012 03:40 AM

I don't mind trading Boyle, but for Magnus Paajarvi? Teubert is at best a bottom pairing defenseman, of which we have plenty.

Pinkfloyd 11-28-2012 08:31 AM

Sharks don't necessarily need a defenseman coming back to trade Boyle but they will need to get some sort of impact player to consider it and that is not what is being offered here. It will be tough to get any team to offer that as well considering Boyle's age but that's likely what it will need to be to justify moving him. He's still every bit as effective as he has been.

WeridAl 11-28-2012 09:00 AM

No reason for the Oilers to trade for Dan Boyle. If they were a cup contender, maybe, but they're not. Teubert is still a unknown, and if anything it looks like he's taken a step back. He's the only RHS physical D the Oilers have in their system. MPS has been playing well with OKC, he may not be getting the points, but he's turning out to be a great defensive 3rd line forward with a physical game. The Oilers are still very high on him and not going to trade him for a aging 2yr rental, especially with the development of J.Schultz. Oilers pass.

JustinCider 11-28-2012 09:20 AM

No knock on Boyle, he's been one of the best offensive dmen over the last 10 years, and the value in the deal is pretty close if you ask me, when you're taking age and contract size into account. The problem is I don't see Boyle fitting in with the young Oilers, sure they could use a top pairing dman, I would just prefer someone who a little younger and will still be in his prime when this team is ready to compete. The guy is 36, and like it or not, most players that age start to fall off in terms of production. To be fair to Boyle, he hasn't yet, he would be a better addition for team that is ready to compete for the cup right now. So in conclusion, although Boyle is a very good offensive dman, due to his age, contract, and where the Oilers are right now, he's not the right fit for Edmonton.

MasterDecoy 11-28-2012 09:28 AM

Sj not rebuilding, answer to your proposal: hell no
Sj rebuilding, answer to your proposal: still hell no...

JustinCider 11-28-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterDecoy (Post 56088233)
Sj not rebuilding, answer to your proposal: hell no
Sj rebuilding, answer to your proposal: still hell no...

Whether or not SJ likes this deal or not, it is time to retool, if they don't soon, it'll be time to rebuild. Thornton, Marleau, Boyle were all elite players at one time, they are all on the down swing of their careers now. San Jose might not have much of a prospect pool, but they do have some good young players. Couture, Pavelski, and Burns are all very nice pieces to build around. San Jose needs to make a decision, the sooner the better, if you ask me.

AbsolonMoreau* 11-28-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustinCider (Post 56089017)
Whether or not SJ likes this deal or not, it is time to retool, if they don't soon, it'll be time to rebuild. Thornton, Marleau, Boyle were all elite players at one time, they are all on the down swing of their careers now. San Jose might not have much of a prospect pool, but they do have some good young players. Couture, Pavelski, and Burns are all very nice pieces to build around. San Jose needs to make a decision, the sooner the better, if you ask me.

By downside of their career do you mean turning into one of the better two way players in the game for Thornton or still being 8th in defenseman scoring while playing the first third of the season with a broken foot and stick that was the wrong side?

MessierII 11-28-2012 10:13 AM

Don't see the point of Boyle he basically would just be taking minutes from Schultz

bleedblue1223 11-28-2012 10:27 AM

If Havlat was healthy, they probably would have avoided the Blues in the first round and their chances of advancing would have greatly risen. The Blues just had the Sharks number last season.

The Sharks don't have to do anything major to their roster IMO. If they do anything, it would be for a change of scenery or to add a player. Niemi was definitely not the problem against the Blues in the playoffs. Thornton and Boyle were also no where near the problem either. If you are going to single one of the top players in that series, it would be Marleau.

Arrch 11-28-2012 10:42 AM

It's always funny to see people claim Dan Boyle is "on the downswing" or that he has "slowed considerably"

It tells me they don't watch Boyle and don't even bother to look up stats. At least when they make that claim about Thornton, it's apparent that they at least looked up his point totals and we can chalk the comment up to ignorance on defensive responsibility, sheltered play and advanced statistics. Not really any excuse for making those claims about Boyle.