HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New Jersey Devils (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Injury Report: Adam Henrique Out 4-6 Weeks with Thumb Injury (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1299027)

Devils Trap 11-28-2012 03:03 PM

Adam Henrique Out 4-6 Weeks with Thumb Injury
 
From Todd Cordell
Quote:

Well, things have gone from bad to worse for the Albany Devils. The Devils announced today that forward Adam Henrique, who was a Calder candidate last season in New Jersey, will need surgery to repair the UCL in his left thumb. It is expected that Henrique will miss the next 4-6 weeks.

This is a really tough break for both Albany and Henrique. Albany goes through a struggle each and every night to try and pick up any point they can get and this injury certainly won't help their cause. As for Henrique, he was finally starting to produce at the rate he should (had five points in his last four games before suffering the injury).

I would expect that Jacob Josefson will get even more ice time in Albany now.

manilaNJ 11-28-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devils Trap (Post 56096397)
I would expect that Jacob Josefson will get even more ice time in Albany now


And then expect Josefson to break yet another bone to add the cherry on top :whatever:

Wingman77 11-28-2012 03:10 PM

So thats now Henrique and Volchenkov

Bleedred 11-28-2012 03:10 PM

This is the suck. He was supposed to replace Parise too, and had finally been looking too good for the AHL the last couple weeks after just coasting early. Now we have no one to replace Parise, no Sykie, no Henrique, and still question marks in Tedenby, and Butler. Of course this only applies if we have an NHL season, and it starts before mid January which I don't think it will start earlier than that if there is one. If there still is 2 more months or more of this, we have quite a few other guys in the A, and in Europe that we'll need, and hope for the best.


If Josefson stays healthy though I think he can replace Henrique's play last season. Maybe not 51 points(Or adjusted to however many games we play) but 15 goals, and maybe 40 points for sure. I'll also blow a gasket if he isn't on the FIRST PK unit!

Devils Trap 11-28-2012 03:11 PM

Knowing our luck the NHL lockout will be over within the next week

manilaNJ 11-28-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleedred (Post 56096567)
This is the suck. He was supposed to replace Parise too, and had finally been looking too good for the AHL the last couple weeks after just coasting early. Now we have no one to replace Parise, no Sykie, no Henrique, and still question marks in Tedenby, and Butler. Of course this only applies if we have an NHL season, and it starts before mid January which I don't think it will start earlier than that if there is one. If there still is 2 more months or more of this, we have quite a few other guys in the A, and in Europe that we'll need, and hope for the best.


If Josefson stays healthy though I think he can replace Henrique's play last season. Maybe not 51 points(Or adjusted to however many games we play) but 15 goals, and maybe 40 points for sure. I'll also blow a gasket if he isn't on the FIRST PK unit!

If it's a short season, and the Devils have to start it without Henrique... I believe that would pretty much guarantee Lou bringing Sykora back.

Nick0930 11-28-2012 03:12 PM

Pretty much secured the top pick in the draft now.

If only that's how the draft would work in this lockout...

Basement Cat 11-28-2012 03:13 PM

Im suddenly not so mad about the lockout...

Bleedred 11-28-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manilaNJ (Post 56096611)
If it's a short season, and the Devils have to start it without Henrique... I believe that would pretty much guarantee Lou bringing Sykora back.

I think so too, but he said so himself that if this isn't fixed by Christmas, he'll start looking to play over in the Czech or somewhere in Europe. I can see a deal getting done early January, and the season starts two weeks later. Kinda identical to 94/95 lockout. I kinda wished he'd bring him back anyway. Now I'm kinda hoping the season don't start until January, unless we make some kind of a trade.

Also increases the chances of Barch, or Janssen in the lineup nightly.:help:

manilaNJ 11-28-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleedred (Post 56096695)
I think so too, but he said so himself that if this isn't fixed by Christmas, he'll start looking to play over in the Czech or somewhere in Europe. I can see a deal getting done early January, and the season starts two weeks later. Kinda identical to 94/95 lockout. I kinda wished he'd bring him back anyway. Now I'm kinda hoping the season don't start until January, unless we make some kind of a trade.

Also increases the chances of Barch, or Janssen in the lineup nightly.:help:

If this isn't fixed by Christmas, we won't have to worry about missing Henrique for more than a handful of games.

Zippy316 11-28-2012 03:18 PM

Without Henrique our offense looks pretty bad if the season starts early...

Without any outside guys:

Kovalchuk-Zajac-Zubrus
Elias-Josefson-Butler
Tedenby-Carter-Clarkson
Bernier-Gionta-Barch

Reminds me of mid-December 2011-2012 Devils...

Bleedred 11-28-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manilaNJ (Post 56096753)
If this isn't fixed by Christmas, we won't have to worry about missing Henrique for more than a handful of games.

I know, but I still want Sykie back anyway. Unless we can find a better option than that. I really don't see the point in holding onto an extra D man. First of all it causes us to be shorthanded in forwards unless one is on LTIR. This is including Harrold as a D man, and not a forward. Second even with 7 including Harrold, he'd probably still be sitting most games unless someone needs a rest. If multiple D men are out, I feel Gelinas, and Urbom can easily take over in a bottom pairing role at the least.

Chessarmy 11-28-2012 03:24 PM

my god our forward lines look pitiful

manilaNJ 11-28-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zippy316 (Post 56096813)
Without Henrique our offense looks pretty bad if the season starts early...

Without any outside guys:

Kovalchuk-Zajac-Zubrus
Elias-Josefson-Butler
Tedenby-Carter-Clarkson
Bernier-Gionta-Barch

Reminds me of mid-December 2011-2012 Devils...

If Lou brings Sykora back...

Kovalchuk-Zajac-Zubrus
Sykora-Elias-Clarkson
Tedenby-Josefson-Bernier
Carter-Gionta-Harrold

It's not pretty, but it's not awful.
As a reminder, a few of Clarkson's goals were pinged off his ass/knee/thigh by an Elias or Sykora shot.

Bleedred 11-28-2012 03:45 PM

Sykora could look pretty good with us again. I predicted a 20 goal season when it was announced he made the team out of camp, and got laughed at. I was wrong! He hit 21!:handclap: I think we can get another season, especially shortened out of that carcass!

Devils Dominion 11-28-2012 03:48 PM

Things go from bad to worse to even worse Devils wise this season. :cry:

Bleedred 11-28-2012 03:51 PM

Just get rid of a D man. No reason to carry 8. It shorthands us forwards. Most teams go 7 D, 14 F, 2 G, on a 21 man roster. With 8 D men we'd have 8 D, 13 F, 2 G. We're already shorthanded a forward spot before Henrique's injury. Even if we just get a rental who's a UFA that we won't sign next year. I'd feel a lot more confident with at least one of Poni, or Sykora right about now.

HeliDevil 11-28-2012 03:52 PM

Son of a *****. Well maybe he'll be ready for the start of the season in January :sarcasm:

SMantzas 11-28-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zippy316 (Post 56096813)
Without Henrique our offense looks pretty bad if the season starts early...

Without any outside guys:

Kovalchuk-Zajac-Zubrus
Elias-Josefson-Butler
Tedenby-Carter-Clarkson
Bernier-Gionta-Barch

Reminds me of mid-December 2011-2012 Devils...

Elias plays center

Classic Devil 11-28-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SMantzas (Post 56098567)
Elias plays center

There's little reason to play Elias at center with Zajac, Josefson, and Henrique available and Parise gone, at least once Henrique gets back.

Jason MacIsaac 11-28-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SMantzas (Post 56098567)
Elias plays center

Agreed, harder to find defensive capable centers. Zajac, Elias and Josefson at center makes it easier to fill holes.

manilaNJ 11-28-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Classic Devil (Post 56099001)
There's little reason to play Elias at center with Zajac, Josefson, and Henrique available and Parise gone, at least once Henrique gets back.

If Henrique is out when the season starts, I would temporarily put Elias in at center instead of bumping Josefson up.
There's too much up in the air with Clarkson/Tedenby/Butler/Sykora in the top 9 to risk pulling his defense off the 3rd line.

Getzo5 11-28-2012 05:00 PM

We`re doomed. Oh wait, we`re not. Not many damns were given.

Get well soon, brave Musketeer.

Bleedred 11-28-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Classic Devil (Post 56099001)
There's little reason to play Elias at center with Zajac, Josefson, and Henrique available and Parise gone, at least once Henrique gets back.

I agree, Patty is terrible at faceoffs too. If he's a center while Henrique is out, that's no big deal. There is absolutely no reason to play him at center if Zajac, Josefson, and Henrique are in the lineup. Patty annoyed me on faceoffs on the PK in the playoffs. Zubrus is a better option to take faceoffs.

I kinda wanna see Josefson centering Patty. Josefson is pretty good at faceoffs, but he hasn't exactly been matched up with prime competition yet. Nevertheless I'd love to see him taking draws on the PK. He could easily take over Parise's spot on the first PK unit, and save guys like Kovy time, so he can save it for the PP.

Jason MacIsaac 11-28-2012 05:14 PM

You know your in trouble when people are remarking about faceoffs when discussing centers. Elias plays the center position miles better than Henrique. He is better defensively, in the neutral zone and distributing the puck. Henrique is a winger moving forward.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.