HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   NYR HF Boards Secret Santa (SIGN UP CLOSED) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1299245)

nyrpassion 11-29-2012 12:03 AM

NYR HF Boards Secret Santa (SIGN UP CLOSED)

Hey!
I know this might be a bit too late, but since Christmas is around around the corner, would anyone be interested in a Secret Santa or something of sorts to boost moral with the lockout and everything? haha :D

Edit:
Ok so, I'm getting a bit situated. I think the best way to have everything organized for me and crazyrangerfan is to fill in this google doc
you need to be signed up on this list to be part of this!

Rules:
Mail Gift By: We hope to have all gifts mailed during next week (no later than Friday, December 9 please)
General Guidelines: We hope that most, if not all of us are not serial killers, but the basics still apply.
NO: weapons, explosives, poisons, any item that could be classified as a dangerous weapon at customs or in package transit. No "inappropriate" items either.
This is supposed to be nice and fun. Not dangerous and explosive.
Do NOT tell people who your SS is, etc. Keep it a surprise! please do not spend an uber amount of money, that way it's fair for everyone. and make sure to take the pricetag OFF before sending. Seeing the price is just rude.
We will try to group people by nation so that international customs doesn't screw us.

Disclaimer: As Trxjw said, Just so you all know, if you do purchase gifts and a dispute arises, HF is not responsible for mediating the issue.

Groot 11-29-2012 12:05 AM

I'm down haha.

Silence Of The Plams 11-29-2012 12:06 AM

OMG. Yes yes YES

Cresto 11-29-2012 02:07 AM

I suck at selecting gifts so in a secret santa trade, I will be stressed. I will however, mail random gifts to you people out of the spirit of Christmas :laugh: I have a stuffed raccoon, deer and beaver. First come first serve.

robwrx04 11-29-2012 02:11 AM

May be in depending on rules. E.g. types of presents, min/max price.

Ih8theislanders 11-29-2012 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCresty (Post 56109975)
I suck at selecting gifts so in a secret santa trade, I will be stressed. I will however, mail random gifts to you people out of the spirit of Christmas :laugh: I have a stuffed raccoon, deer and beaver. First come first serve.

Deer head or deer body?

Clowes Line 11-29-2012 07:38 AM

Only if I get Cresty as Santa :laugh:

Tanner Glass 11-29-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callys Chicken Parm (Post 56111381)
Only if I get Cresty as Santa :laugh:

Back off! :rant:

I got dibs on the raccoon :laugh:

SERE 24 11-29-2012 08:58 AM

I'd participate depending on the rules and how quickly it was organized.

petejudge 11-29-2012 09:05 AM

if i can get paid! i broke my ankle so im outta work which means no pay for me :(

Cresto 11-29-2012 03:53 PM

Deer head OR body. For the deer body, it's just a stub where the head is. some people object at how obscene that is but when Christmas comes around, all you need to do is reattach the head and put on some antlers and you've got yourself a reindeer.

nyrpassion 11-29-2012 04:26 PM

haha, good to see some interest. I have a paper due tomorrow so I can't do anything today, but I'll think about it and try and set something up, like rules and whatnot for tomorrow. :D

Silence Of The Plams 11-29-2012 04:33 PM

I'll help if you need. :)

nyrpassion 11-29-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan (Post 56123505)
I'll help if you need. :)

that would be great! :D

bobbop 11-29-2012 06:13 PM

I'll play.

frozenrubber 11-29-2012 07:30 PM

I'll participate, keep us posted.

Trxjw 11-29-2012 07:41 PM

Just so you all know, if you do purchase gifts and a dispute arises, HF is not responsible for mediating the issue.

Silence Of The Plams 11-29-2012 07:59 PM

In addition to what moderator said, if you do this, please do not give out addresses to other people, do not harass them, etc...

Silence Of The Plams 11-30-2012 09:22 AM

Alright, here are the rules.

Participants must have their information appropriate for us to send you gifts in by Wednesday December 5th., or Thursday the 6th.

No weapons, explosives, poisons, any item that could be classified as a dangerous weapon at customs or in package transit. No "inappropriate" items either. This is supposed to be nice and fun. Not dangerous and explosive. Do NOT tell people who your SS is, etc. Keep it a surprise! please do not spend an uber amount of money, that way it's fair for everyone. and make sure to take the pricetag OFF before sending. Seeing the price is just rude. We will try to group people by nation so that international customs doesn't screw us.

With that said i hope we all do this, and make sure to get in by wednesday :)

nyrpassion 11-30-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan (Post 56137855)
Alright, here are the rules.

Participants must have their information appropriate for us to send you gifts in by Wednesday December 5th., or Thursday the 6th.

No weapons, explosives, poisons, any item that could be classified as a dangerous weapon at customs or in package transit. No "inappropriate" items either. This is supposed to be nice and fun. Not dangerous and explosive. Do NOT tell people who your SS is, etc. Keep it a surprise! please do not spend an uber amount of money, that way it's fair for everyone. and make sure to take the pricetag OFF before sending. Seeing the price is just rude. We will try to group people by nation so that international customs doesn't screw us.

With that said i hope we all do this, and make sure to get in by wednesday :)

thanks alot! I've been realy busy with school. buy yeah basically this. We'll try to get a list started of people interested by tonight, with the dealine being Sunday, December 2nd in hopes that we can get the gifts out by the end of next week.
And we'll see how many people we have international and try to group people like that, but we'll see.
Lastly, do you guys want to add a like/dislike thing, or just have your Secret Santa look through your posts and try to figure out what you like? :D

Silence Of The Plams 11-30-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrpassion (Post 56138933)
thanks alot! I've been realy busy with school. buy yeah basically this. We'll try to get a list started of people interested by tonight, with the dealine being Sunday, December 2nd in hopes that we can get the gifts out by the end of next week.
And we'll see how many people we have international and try to group people like that, but we'll see.
Lastly, do you guys want to add a like/dislike thing, or just have your Secret Santa look through your posts and try to figure out what you like? :D

Please like/dislike. please. I don't think we have the patience to go through all the posts :laugh:

nyrpassion 11-30-2012 11:20 AM

Everyone be sure to fill out the form link in the first post. If you don't fill it out, you won't be able to participate. I also updates the first post with rules and a timeline. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions or ideas!

Machinehead 11-30-2012 04:30 PM

Ok it says "your response has been recorded".

Now what? Will my assigned HFer be messaged to me?

Machinehead 11-30-2012 04:32 PM

I'm looking forward to this, it'll give me something fun to do while I languish in my final papers :help:

I swear the establishment of education is trying to ruin Christmas. Dammit we won't let them! :noway:

BlueShirts88 11-30-2012 04:47 PM

I'll sign up, but we need to set a maximum price tag.