HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   NHL Entry Draft: Mock draft (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1299287)

Kurdt Kobain 11-29-2012 07:32 AM

Mock draft

1) Calgary - Nathan MacKinnon, Halifax (QMJHL)
2) Carolina - Seth Jones, Portland (WHL)
3) Toronto - Aleksander Barkov, Tappara (SM-liiga)
4) Tampa Bay - Jonathan Drouin, Halifax (QMJHL)
5) Columbus - Sean Monahan, Ottawa (OHL)
6) Minnesota - Elias Lindholm, Brynas (SEL)
7) Winnipeg - Curtis Lazar, Edmonton (WHL)
8) New York Islanders - Hunter Shinkaruk, Medicine Hat (WHL)
9) Anaheim - Rasmus Ristolainen, TPS (SM-liiga)
10) Dallas - Ryan Pulock, Brandon (WHL)
11) Chicago - Darnell Nurse, Sault Ste. Marie (OHL)
12*) Columbus - Andre Burakowsky, Malmo (SWE)
13) Pittsburgh - Artturi Leckonen, KalPa (SM-liiga)
14) Washington - Adam Erne, Quebec (QMJHL)
15) Colorado - Nikita Zadorov, London (OHL)
16) St. Louis - Valery Nichushkin, Chelyabinsk (RUS)
17) Ottawa - Kerby Rychel, Windsor (OHL)
18) Montreal - Jacob de la Rose, Leksands (SWE)
19) Florida - Robert Hagg, Modo (SEL)
20) Philadelphia - Josh Morrissey, Prince Albert (WHL)
21) Boston - Steve Santini, US-NTDP (USA)
22) Phoenix - Max Domi, London (OHL)
23) San Jose - Jason Dickinson, Guelph (OHL)
24) Edmonton - Hudson Fasching, US-NTDP (USA)
25) New Jersey - Frederik Gauthier, Rimouski (QMJHL) *
26) Nashville - Anthony Mantha, Val-dOr (QMJHL)
27) Vancouver - Ryan Kujawinski, Kingston (OHL)
28*) Columbus - Anthony Duclair, Quebec (QMJHL)
29) Detroit - JT Compher, US-NTDP (USA)
30) Buffalo - Bo Horvat, London (OHL)

12 - NYR
28 - LA
* - If this is a snake draft, they go for a forward and then take Fucale at 36.. if not, they take Fucale at 25.

I dont really know much about those 20-30 so they might not be at the right spot. I was trying to factor in what each team needs while still thinking of bpa, as well as each teams past with picking certain nationalities. All feedback is welcome, as long as its relevant to this mock draft.

Bernier the Boats 12-01-2012 07:33 PM

I like it, but I would probably move Morrissey up a few slots.

Prussian_Blue 12-01-2012 08:34 PM

And you decided on the draft order how, exactly?

jiho 12-01-2012 11:03 PM

If there is a lottery I hope the order is Columbus, NY Rangers and Los Angeles. As Columbus have the NY Rangers and LA picks they would get to select Mackinnon AND Barkov AND Jones.

stayinalive 12-02-2012 04:45 AM

good list, but whoever selects William Carrier in the 2nd round will be very very happy

Kurdt Kobain 12-02-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue (Post 56173735)
And you decided on the draft order how, exactly?

3 Balls: Calgary, Carolina, Columbus, Dallas, Minnesota, Toronto, Winnipeg
2 Balls: Anaheim, Colorado, Florida, NYI, St.Louis, Tampa Bay
1 Ball: Everyone else.

Entered them on www.draftpicklottery.com and that was what came up.

DuckJet 12-02-2012 01:03 PM

Max Domi is far too low. And William Carrier is going to make a team in the second round very happy. As for Ristolainen? I mean yeah he's got loads of talent and I won't complain if we get him, but defense is absolutely not a priority any more.

Fowler-Sbisa
Beauchemin-Lindholm
Vatanen-Souray
Clark-Welinski
O'Brien

Actually now that I look at it, Mantha, Duclair, and Gauthier are too low.

Kurdt Kobain 12-02-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckJet (Post 56183901)
Max Domi is far too low. And William Carrier is going to make a team in the second round very happy. As for Ristolainen? I mean yeah he's got loads of talent and I won't complain if we get him, but defense is absolutely not a priority any more.

Fowler-Sbisa
Beauchemin-Lindholm
Vatanen-Souray
Clark-Welinski
O'Brien

Thanks for the feedback. I do agree on some parts. Some of the players are low, but I tried to keep things realistic. Look at last year, both Forsberg and Grigorenko were thought to be top-5 yet they both fell out of the top-10. And with certain teems needing a certain type of player; be it position, size, etc. those players were bound to fall.

And with the order the teams came out; Florida, Philly, and Boston were all beside each other. In my opinion, those three all need defence more than forwards, so I had them take them. That causes the others to fall 3 more spots. So it's not a matter of the abilities of those players, it was just because of the way things came out.

Also, I was looking at the ISS rankings to see for some of the players 20-30.. and they didn't even have Domi, Mantha, or Ducalir listed in the top-30! Morrissey was 25th, Gauthier was 26th.

Instead of Ristolainen, who would you take for Anaheim at 9th?

ManByng 12-02-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckJet (Post 56183901)

Fowler-Sbisa
Beauchemin-Lindholm
Vatanen-Souray
Clark-Welinski
O'Brien

this is where dealing from a position of strength comes into play...let's say the Ducks did take Ristolainen because he was the BPA and he made the team come October...you then have a d-man or 2 you could flip for a good forward....Selanne isn't going to last forever, right? :laugh:

candyman82 12-02-2012 06:13 PM

I think the Jackets would probably take Erne at 12 but Burakovsky still makes sense

Kurdt Kobain 12-02-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManByng (Post 56193191)
this is where dealing from a position of strength comes into play...let's say the Ducks did take Ristolainen because he was the BPA and he made the team come October...you then have a d-man or 2 you could flip for a good forward....Selanne isn't going to last forever, right? :laugh:

And we can't forget about Souray. He'll be 37 by the time next season begins. And with his history of injuries, one more might cause him to call it quits.
Koivu isn't a young one either..