1) Calgary - Nathan MacKinnon, Halifax (QMJHL)
2) Carolina - Seth Jones, Portland (WHL)
3) Toronto - Aleksander Barkov, Tappara (SM-liiga)
4) Tampa Bay - Jonathan Drouin, Halifax (QMJHL)
5) Columbus - Sean Monahan, Ottawa (OHL)
6) Minnesota - Elias Lindholm, Brynas (SEL)
7) Winnipeg - Curtis Lazar, Edmonton (WHL)
8) New York Islanders - Hunter Shinkaruk, Medicine Hat (WHL)
9) Anaheim - Rasmus Ristolainen, TPS (SM-liiga)
10) Dallas - Ryan Pulock, Brandon (WHL)
11) Chicago - Darnell Nurse, Sault Ste. Marie (OHL)
12*) Columbus - Andre Burakowsky, Malmo (SWE)
13) Pittsburgh - Artturi Leckonen, KalPa (SM-liiga)
14) Washington - Adam Erne, Quebec (QMJHL)
15) Colorado - Nikita Zadorov, London (OHL)
16) St. Louis - Valery Nichushkin, Chelyabinsk (RUS)
17) Ottawa - Kerby Rychel, Windsor (OHL)
18) Montreal - Jacob de la Rose, Leksands (SWE)
19) Florida - Robert Hagg, Modo (SEL)
20) Philadelphia - Josh Morrissey, Prince Albert (WHL)
21) Boston - Steve Santini, US-NTDP (USA)
22) Phoenix - Max Domi, London (OHL)
23) San Jose - Jason Dickinson, Guelph (OHL)
24) Edmonton - Hudson Fasching, US-NTDP (USA)
25) New Jersey - Frederik Gauthier, Rimouski (QMJHL) *
26) Nashville - Anthony Mantha, Val-d‘Or (QMJHL)
27) Vancouver - Ryan Kujawinski, Kingston (OHL)
28*) Columbus - Anthony Duclair, Quebec (QMJHL)
29) Detroit - JT Compher, US-NTDP (USA)
30) Buffalo - Bo Horvat, London (OHL)
12 - NYR
28 - LA
* - If this is a snake draft, they go for a forward and then take Fucale at 36.. if not, they take Fucale at 25.
I don‘t really know much about those 20-30 so they might not be at the right spot. I was trying to factor in what each team needs while still thinking of bpa, as well as each teams past with picking certain nationalities. All feedback is welcome, as long as it‘s relevant to this mock draft.
I like it, but I would probably move Morrissey up a few slots.
And you decided on the draft order how, exactly?
If there is a lottery I hope the order is Columbus, NY Rangers and Los Angeles. As Columbus have the NY Rangers and LA picks they would get to select Mackinnon AND Barkov AND Jones.
good list, but whoever selects William Carrier in the 2nd round will be very very happy
2 Balls: Anaheim, Colorado, Florida, NYI, St.Louis, Tampa Bay
1 Ball: Everyone else.
Entered them on www.draftpicklottery.com and that was what came up.
Max Domi is far too low. And William Carrier is going to make a team in the second round very happy. As for Ristolainen? I mean yeah he's got loads of talent and I won't complain if we get him, but defense is absolutely not a priority any more.
Actually now that I look at it, Mantha, Duclair, and Gauthier are too low.
And with the order the teams came out; Florida, Philly, and Boston were all beside each other. In my opinion, those three all need defence more than forwards, so I had them take them. That causes the others to fall 3 more spots. So it's not a matter of the abilities of those players, it was just because of the way things came out.
Also, I was looking at the ISS rankings to see for some of the players 20-30.. and they didn't even have Domi, Mantha, or Ducalir listed in the top-30! Morrissey was 25th, Gauthier was 26th.
Instead of Ristolainen, who would you take for Anaheim at 9th?
I think the Jackets would probably take Erne at 12 but Burakovsky still makes sense
Koivu isn't a young one either..
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 AM.|
vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.