HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Polls - (hockey-related only) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Shea Weber and the elusive Norris Trophy (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1299441)

MastuhNinks 11-29-2012 05:07 PM

Shea Weber and the elusive Norris Trophy
 
Pretty simple poll, some people have taken issue with the two most recent Norris winners (Karlsson and Lidstrom), and I was just wondering if you were giving out Norris votes, how many times would you have placed him at number 1 (so really, how many Norris trophies do you think he 'deserves').

Please, don't use 'the person with the most votes deserves to win' as your justification, if you think that the people with the most votes actually deserved it, great, but just vote with the mindset that YOU are the one picking the Norris trophy winners for the past few years.

Here is where Weber has ranked in Norris voting in the past few years:
2008-2009 - 4th (Winner - Zdeno Chara)
2009-2010 - 7th (Winner - Duncan Keith)
2010-2011 - 2nd (Winner - Nicklas Lidstrom)
2011-2012 - 2nd (Winner - Erik Karlsson)

Trap Jesus 11-29-2012 05:11 PM

I would've given Chara the Norris the last 2 years. I don't think Weber deserved it in any of the last 4 years, although I would've definitely given it to him over Karlsson and Lidstrom the last 2 years.

SilasAdams 11-29-2012 05:12 PM

2010/2011 and 2011/2012 were his imo.

Steve Holt 11-29-2012 05:12 PM

One: last season.

MattyMo35 11-29-2012 05:13 PM

I think the last two seasons should have been his.

StringerBell 11-29-2012 05:16 PM

I think he deserved last year and Chara deserved 2011.

MessierII 11-29-2012 05:16 PM

0 he has yet to have the best season of NHL defensemen.

MastuhNinks 11-29-2012 05:16 PM

Personally I had him winning it the past two years as well.

ponder 11-29-2012 05:18 PM

I think Lidstrom, Weber and Chara all head pretty equally good cases for the trophy in 2010/11, pretty much a toss up between those 3 IMO. Last year I thought Karlsson and Weber were ahead of the rest, but I agree with giving it to Karlsson.

So basically I'd have given him 0-1 Norris trophies, but probably 0.

Banana Sandwiches 11-29-2012 05:20 PM

Last year should have been Weber's year. It's okay though. He'll win one eventually.

Vankiller Whale 11-29-2012 05:21 PM

Misread the poll, thought it meant how many he will win(I voted 1).

It should be zero.

manilaNJ 11-29-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banana Sandwiches (Post 56124551)
Last year should have been Weber's year. It's okay though. He'll win one eventually.

My line of thinking exactly.

Benny FTW 11-29-2012 05:28 PM

He could have won the last 4. Problem is every time someone, rightfully so, deserved it more.

Minister of Offence 11-29-2012 05:52 PM

I think he was 20 bone crushing hits shy of the Norris last year.

BonkTastic 11-29-2012 06:01 PM

I think he deserved it in 2010-11, and only lost it based on Lidstrom's reputation, not Lidstrom's actual season of work.

As for last year, people need to get over the fact that offensive defencemen can win the award, and an offensive defenceman had a particularly stellar year.

Kershaw 11-29-2012 06:13 PM

lol get off your high horses people.

Karlsson was the best defenceman in the league last year and it's not even close. No way should Weber have sniffed a Norris last season.

Kreider 11-29-2012 06:51 PM

I'd also like to point out, Weber scored 50 points (49 + games missed) without working with any star power in Nashville

Linden 11-29-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MessierII (Post 56124473)
0 he has yet to have the best season of NHL defensemen.

this

5RingsAndABeer 11-29-2012 07:06 PM

Karlsson deserved it last year. People on this site severely underrate points / offensive ability.

Steve Holt 11-29-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tortorella (Post 56125677)
lol get off your high horses people.

Karlsson was the best defenceman in the league last year and it's not even close. No way should Weber have sniffed a Norris last season.

Nobody is on their high horses. They are simply answering the OP.

ricky0034 11-29-2012 08:03 PM

0

Chara should have won it in 2011

as for last year Karlsson deserved it and it wasn't even remotely close

pdd 11-29-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonkTastic (Post 56125457)
I think he deserved it in 2010-11, and only lost it based on Lidstrom's reputation, not Lidstrom's actual season of work.

Sick of this argument. Weber was not Lidstrom's defensive equal and also scored fewer points.

Quote:

As for last year, people need to get over the fact that offensive defencemen can win the award, and an offensive defenceman had a particularly stellar year.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti (Post 56126495)
I'd also like to point out, Weber scored 50 points (49 + games missed) without working with any star power in Nashville

Other than Ryan Suter, who did a fine job letting Weber take risks when he needed or wanted to. And wouldn't it be nice for other top defensemen to have a guy who many consider to be just as good overall? Before Suter/Weber, the last pairing like that was what... Lidstrom/Coffey in 1995-96?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer (Post 56126853)
Karlsson deserved it last year. People on this site severely underrate points / offensive ability.

Especially when it comes to Weber vs Lidstrom 2011...

BonkTastic 11-29-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eva unit zero (Post 56130907)
Sick of this argument. Weber was not Lidstrom's defensive equal and also scored fewer points.

I actually think Weber had the better defensive year that year, and by a margin that isn't all that close either.

... and I'm saying that as a guy who is a huge Lids fan. Probably my favorite defenceman of all time.

saskriders 11-29-2012 10:52 PM

10 and 11 in my opinion

SMantzas 11-29-2012 10:54 PM

How can you win a Norris trophy when you barely play on the PK?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.