HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Tampa Bay Lightning (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   How badly will the Lightning be hurt if the season is cancelled? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1299627)

Felonious Python 11-30-2012 07:57 AM

How badly will the Lightning be hurt if the season is cancelled?

The last game the Lightning played was on Apr 7th.

It's nearly 8 months without them playing, and if the season is wiped out, they won't play a regular season game again until at least October 2013.

That won't be a year between games, as people have made it out, it'll be a year and a half. How badly is that going to hurt the momentum the Lightning have been building since Vinik took over the team?

BoltSTH 11-30-2012 09:19 AM

I assume most STH choose option 1 or 2 and rolled their account into next year, so the base should should be there. Games against teams like Boston and Detroit will sell out because of the transplants here. So the impact will mostly be seen in games against teams like Carolina and that other team south of us.

If the Bolts are winning and competitive I think they will recover very quickly.

Drouin2Stamkos 11-30-2012 10:20 AM

It may hurt things to start out but I think they have control over how it plays out. If they come out flying and win games in the next season (whenever that is) then fans will take notice. I know this town loves it when the Lightning are fun team to watch. Weve seen it throughout their history. So I think if they come back in style, it wont be so bad. Now if they come out and stink up the place, then this could hurt them. The way this organization has been run the last few years makes me think it wont be so bad. It just really sucks to not play this season so far. I was so pumped about this team and couldnt wait to see how the new acquisitions would help the team. Oh well, hopefully it wont be too long.

RussianGuyovich 11-30-2012 11:23 AM

guys i think we'll be ok.

my credentials: i'm no bill o'reilly, but i do read businessinsider.com daily and am knowledgeable about economics and other intellectual pursuits.

zeykshade 12-01-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RussianGuyovich (Post 56140251)
guys i think we'll be ok.

my credentials: i'm no bill o'reilly, but i do read businessinsider.com daily and am knowledgeable about economics and other intellectual pursuits.

"Tides come in, tides go out and you can't explain that." - Bill O'Reilly, Sage of Sages

MrMcGz 12-04-2012 05:58 PM

I think this is the second time we've been screwed by a lockout. Good veteran, young mixed lineup. Top forwards and optimism. Hopefully they can play at least half a season to maintain some momentum...

TBLHoser 12-06-2012 10:01 PM

I don't think it's going to have a big effect. People will be back and I don't think there's anyone here that has any animosity towards ownership or the players on this team.....this is just a continuation of the same crap going on in washington....just two buttheads that don't know how the hell to fix things....

The Fear Boners 12-11-2012 09:58 PM

It already hurts quite a bit.

Benders Lindyhop 12-13-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still All In (Post 56468525)
It already hurts quite a bit.

Is it a short term hurt? Like people getting refunds for their season tickets and general apathy? Or is it looking like a long term type of thing?