HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Hawks - Vancouver (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1299629)

MISC* 11-30-2012 08:57 AM

Hawks - Vancouver

Yeah, yeah...We hate one another, but let's be completley honest in this thread.

To Hawks:
Schneider
2nd

To Canucks:
Sharp.

Why the Hawks do this?
Crawford sucks. The teams achilles heel.

Why the Canucks do this?
Nobody is going to take Reboundo and we need help on the 2nd line.

Both sides won't like this trade because it makes the other team much better. Legit secondaryscoring and playmaking for the Canucks. Legit goaltending for the Hawks.

Vankiller Whale 11-30-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MISC (Post 56136817)

Both sides won't like this trade because it makes the other team much better. Legit secondaryscoring and playmaking for the Canucks. Legit goaltending for the Hawks.

Bingo. But the Hawks don't feel their need for goaltending is worth moving any of their top-4 forwards.

And personally I feel if we're trading Schneider I'd want a similar calibre/potential younger player coming back our way.

MISC* 11-30-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 56136857)
And personally I feel if we're trading Schneider I'd want a similar calibre/potential younger player coming back our way.

Sharp is suck a sick sick player.

n00bxQb 11-30-2012 09:05 AM

The only things the Hawks and Canucks will trade are hostile words, slashes, punches, and headshots.

Anyways, this trade is stupid because the Hawks have no scoring depth as it is, so trading away Sharp would basically make them a 1 line team and Schneider is Vancouver's goaltender of the future due to Luongo not keeping his mouth shut.

NYVanfan 11-30-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MISC (Post 56136869)
Sharp is suck a sick sick player.

freudian slap?

Bourne Endeavor 11-30-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 56136857)
Bingo. But the Hawks don't feel their need for goaltending is worth moving any of their top-4 forwards.

Eh, Sharp is basically Kesler-lite. I'd be more than content with him myself but there is no way Chicago agrees for the reasons already outlined.

Hawkaholic 11-30-2012 10:08 AM

No. Not trading any of the top 4 forwards or top 2 Dman in any reasonable offer for a goalie.

digdug41982 11-30-2012 10:08 AM

Why can't it be a futures package? We ususally finish 6th-8th in the standings. Maybe that changes with a better goalie but our picks are quite valuable.

Wilch 11-30-2012 10:12 AM

Hell no from the Canucks.

Bourne Endeavor 11-30-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 (Post 56137663)
Why can't it be a futures package? We ususally finish 6th-8th in the standings. Maybe that changes with a better goalie but our picks are quite valuable.

Because it's Vancouver you're trading with. Given our teams respective animosity, we're not helping you unless we see an equally huge return out of it. Schneider grandstanding us in a Chicago/Vancouver series would hurt... a lot.

digdug41982 11-30-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor (Post 56137783)
Because it's Vancouver you're trading with. Given our teams respective animosity, we're not helping you unless we see an equally huge return out of it. Schneider grandstanding us in a Chicago/Vancouver series would hurt... a lot.

What about Leddy? I think that is the best we could do in lieu of picks.

y2kcanucks 11-30-2012 10:38 AM

Leddy for Schneider? You're joking right?

Sharp or Kane for Schneider sounds good.

Vankiller Whale 11-30-2012 10:54 AM

To be honest, outside of Toews/Kane/Keith/Seabrook and maybe Sharp there's no one I would want to trade Schneider for on the Hawks.

dave babych returns 11-30-2012 11:22 AM

I probably wouldn't trade Cory Schneider for a guy on the wrong side of 30 earning full market value.

Don't get me wrong. Patrick Sharp is a very good and very dangerous player and the Canucks could make use of him.

What they can't do is make a move that makes them older and higher-salaried.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYVanfan (Post 56137427)
freudian slap?

Freudian slop.

bleedblue1223 11-30-2012 11:49 AM

Holy crap, guess I never realized how overrated Schneider is around here. Schneider will return something similar to what Halak got, not an established top player.

Hawkaholic 11-30-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2kcanucks (Post 56138133)
Leddy for Schneider? You're joking right?

Sharp or Kane for Schneider sounds good.

Sharp or Kane for Schneider, your joking right?

There isn't 1 player on Vancouver I would trade any of the big 6 for.

Hawkaholic 11-30-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor (Post 56137445)
Eh, Sharp is basically Kesler-lite. I'd be more than content with him myself but there is no way Chicago agrees for the reasons already outlined.

Kesler-lite? HA.
Kesler is like Sharp-lite.

Moore Money 11-30-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 (Post 56139569)
Holy crap, guess I never realized how overrated Schneider is around here. Schneider will return something similar to what Halak got, not an established top player.

then the Canucks won't trade him.. This is not at all the same as the Halak situation. The Habs had two very good young goalies and traded the lesser talent. The Canucks will not be trading the younger and arguably better talent unless a deal blows them away. especially not to the dirt bag Hawks.

roboninja 11-30-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Exactly. VAN fans have really fallen far down the goalie hole with their expectations. I hope their GM agrees and we see the drama unfold when they try to keep both Lou and Schneider.

digdug41982 11-30-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roboninja (Post 56142547)
Exactly. VAN fans have really fallen far down the goalie hole with their expectations. I hope their GM agrees and we see the drama unfold when they try to keep both Lou and Schneider.

Yeah, that's gonig to get really ugly because Schneider is the better goalie and will start over Luongo. Luongo will no doubt be a drama queen about being the backup.

Co Ho* 11-30-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkaholic (Post 56141187)
Kesler-lite? HA.
Kesler is like Sharp-lite.

Where's Sharp's Selke and 40 goal season? :shakehead

salty justice 11-30-2012 02:09 PM

I thought the Hawks made it pretty clear when they traded Campbell and Skille; no more gingers.

Top 6 Spaling 11-30-2012 02:11 PM

Outside view:

Schneider<Sharp<Kesler

Still, I doubt Chiacgo does this. Filling on hole, but making another. Chicago will try to get a good goalie through other means (draft, UFA, cheap goalie) long before they move one of the top 4 for one. Good deal for VAN, bad for CHI.

InfinityIggy 11-30-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

This. What is this Schneider for Kane/Sharp posts lol?

Come on.

dave babych returns 11-30-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Not if you believe what people like Darren Dreger said about his value.

I'm not saying Schneider will return "an established top player," in my own post I said I wouldn't trade him for Sharp because it makes the Canucks older and more expensive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roboninja (Post 56142547)

They likely will keep both goaltender for some stretch of time, but I don't think we'll see as much drama as you're apparently hoping for.