HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   DDT: Blow it up? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1299903)

Top 6 Spaling 11-30-2012 05:37 PM

Blow it up?

NOTE: THIS IS A HYPOTHETICAL. I AM NOT ENDORSING THIS, JUST TRYING TO START DISCUSSION BECAUSE THIS LOCKOUT BORES ME

What if Poile decides that the young core of Wilson/Smith/Josi/Blum/Ellis/Bourque/Watson/etc is the group that really has a shot at a cup, and decides to build around them more, dealing off our veterans for pieces that go with them. What could our team look like? My idea for our team in, say, 3 years...(holding onto a few guys for leadership)

Weber <--> L.Schenn+B.Schenn+Read
Rinne <--> Holtby+Kuznetsov+Orlov
Legwand+Gill/Gaustad <--> Frolik

Erat-Schenn-Kuznetsov
Wilson-Smith-Frolik
Read-Fisher-SK
Halischuk-Spaling-Bourque
Watson/Beck/Latta/Leipsic/Sissons/Aberg/etc.

Josi-Schenn
Ellis-Klein
Orlov-Blum
Ekholm

Holtby
Hellberg

I don't know...I'm bored :laugh:

Gnashville 11-30-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling (Post 56147215)
NOTE: THIS IS A HYPOTHETICAL. I AM NOT ENDORSING THIS, JUST TRYING TO START DISCUSSION BECAUSE THIS LOCKOUT BORES ME

What if Poile decides that the young core of Wilson/Smith/Josi/Blum/Ellis/Bourque/Watson/etc is the group that really has a shot at a cup, and decides to build around them more, dealing off our veterans for pieces that go with them. What could our team look like? My idea for our team in, say, 3 years...(holding onto a few guys for leadership)

Weber <--> L.Schenn+B.Schenn+Read
Rinne <--> Holtby+Kuznetsov+Orlov
Legwand+Gill/Gaustad <--> Frolik

Erat-Schenn-Kuznetsov
Wilson-Smith-Frolik
Read-Fisher-SK
Halischuk-Spaling-Bourque
Watson/Beck/Latta/Leipsic/Sissons/Aberg/etc.

Josi-Schenn
Ellis-Klein
Orlov-Blum
Ekholm

Holtby
Hellberg

I don't know...I'm bored :laugh:

This only happens if the CBA removes the Cap Minimum

PredsV82 11-30-2012 11:42 PM

after going to the owners and convincing them to drop almost more on shea weber in one day than the club spent on the entire roster in year one, if poile then turns around and says " we're gonna blow it up to try to be good in three years" I think the owners probably wouldnt just fire him, they would kill him, cook him, and feed him to their dogs...

Soundgarden 12-01-2012 12:28 AM

If I'm trading Rinne to the Caps I'd be trying to set up Holtby+ Backstrom, and if it's Weber to Philly then I'm asking a hell of a lot more.

You are selling our stars short, guaranteed if Weber was in the East, or in a big market or in this case both, he'd have at least one norris by now. And Rinne just led the whole league in games played, wins, shots against, and saves. No way is he being traded for an inexperienced goalie and not one, but two promising russian forwards.

I'm tired of wallowing in almost greatness, if somebody really wants to pry the best players in the game away from their teams it's assumed the other team will need to pay. If we're trading Weber I want the team we trade with to pile so many assets on the deal that they question themselves. Then it's probably in our favor.

kypredsfan 12-01-2012 05:48 AM

Looks like a downgrade to me. No thanks.

Top 6 Spaling 12-01-2012 10:27 AM

Again, wasn't actually suggesting this, I was just seeing what people thought we could get for them. Obviously we shouldn't do this

adsfan 12-01-2012 10:29 PM

I thought this thread was about the NHL office in NYC!

codeyh 12-02-2012 09:16 AM

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/.../181/GTFO6.gif

BigFatCat999 12-02-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adsfan (Post 56175181)
I thought this thread was about the NHL office in NYC!

Wel, I AM in NY state.....

adsfan 12-02-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 (Post 56181089)
Wel, I AM in NY state.....

The Corning area is a long way from NYC. I-86 & 17 to I-84?

BigFatCat999 12-03-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adsfan (Post 56200145)
The Corning area is a long way from NYC. I-86 & 17 to I-84?

16 hrs to Nashville. I'm used to it.

adsfan 12-03-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 (Post 56206201)
16 hrs to Nashville. I'm used to it.

I passed through Nashville during Thanksgiving. It is about 9.5 hours for me. The worst part is Chicago. They can have a traffic jam at 2 AM in that damn city! I plan to go back and stay sometime in Music City.

Keep the Preds intact!

BigFatCat999 12-03-2012 08:26 PM

The team was one of the top 8 teams in the league

adsfan 12-04-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 (Post 56219951)
The team was one of the top 8 teams in the league

For two years in a row!

I keep posting that for all the ignorant people on Yahoo that think the Preds should be contracted, because they play in the south and have no fans and don't win on the ice. It is getting annoying to keep reading that trash!

Machinehead 12-13-2012 10:52 PM

I'm ok with it as long as they name Halischuk the new captain :sarcasm:

Ok, not really, but I've always really liked Halischuk.