HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Chicago Wolves Discussion - Part VI (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1300005)

Royal Canuck 12-01-2012 12:28 AM

Chicago Wolves Discussion - Part VI
 
Continue!

Scurr 12-01-2012 01:12 AM

Arniel... didn't he get the job because he had been so stellar with the Moose his first go around?

Did he take this much heat his last time around?

vanuck 12-01-2012 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scurr (Post 56156783)
Arniel... didn't he get the job because he had been so stellar with the Moose his first go around?

Did he take this much heat his last time around?

What I've heard (didn't follow the farm team nearly as much back then) was that even then he was always shuffling lines around, and that the Moose got by more on the backs of a handful of veterans in Krog, Jaffray plus Schneider standing on his head most nights to win.

tedgruber 12-01-2012 10:52 AM

There's too many players on this team that are showing that they don't want to be in the AHL because they aren't making NHL money.

Arniel didn't take a time out after that icing last night and who knows why.

The players aren't responding to him. The Wolves only gained 8 points out of the possible 24 in November. The are 2-7 in their 9 games.

I'm just looking for accountability from the top to the bottom.

Too many times others have taken the fall for a mess that wasn't their problem.

I hate to say I just don't think Wendell is a good GM and has done nothing for this team the next 4 years.

Anyways, I'm sick of this team playing the extras in the "Walking Dead".

PP is near bottom as well as the PK.

I just don't think the players are responding to Arniel.

BerSTUzzi 12-01-2012 11:03 AM

I tried to give Sauve at least a little bit of time before I posted my judgement on him but if you look at the 2008 draft and realize Schultz (2 picks behind), Stepan, Adam, and Hamonic (oh how I wished for him that year...oh wait WHL should have known better), and Scandella were available. That's just the second round that year. I just want to cry...inside

Tiranis 12-01-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedgruber (Post 56160071)
There's too many players on this team that are showing that they don't want to be in the AHL because they aren't making NHL money.

I don't know... Most of the players that are heavily underperforming (Haydar, Ebbett, Rodin, Sweatt, Connauton, Longpre, Sauve, etc.) have no hope of making NHL money anyway. The choice of Haydar as captain has proven to be a huge mistake, IMO. If anything, it's the players that could be earning NHL money (Kassian, Pinizzotto, Schroeder, and Tanev) that are trying to carry the team. Of all the veterans and career AHLers, Sterling is the only one that has shown any will to fight.

I agree on the rest of your post though.

windflare 12-01-2012 01:55 PM

Rodin has been on somewhat of an upswing - pointless start to the season for the first 7-10 games. 1-5-6 in his last 4 games. Now just above half a PPG.

Tiranis 12-01-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windflare (Post 56163325)
Rodin has been on somewhat of an upswing - pointless start to the season for the first 7-10 games. 1-5-6 in his last 4 games. Now just above half a PPG.

That's misleading. Last night he had 2 points and maybe he earnt the first one, but certainly not the second one. He had a 3 point game where he got 2 secondary assists because Sterling was incredibly hot and got lucky on wild shots, but Rodin didn't do anything to earn them. Beyond that though, he's just invisible for most of the game, dragging his line down and playing horrible hockey defensively. There's a reason anyone that's been watching has criticized him. Points or not, Rodin has been bad.

That one lone goal says it all, no matter how many secondary assists he racks up.

Wisp 12-01-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiranis (Post 56163965)
That's misleading. Last night he had 2 points and maybe he earnt the first one, but certainly not the second one. He had a 3 point game where he got 2 secondary assists because Sterling was incredibly hot and got lucky on wild shots, but Rodin didn't do anything to earn them. Beyond that though, he's just invisible for most of the game, dragging his line down and playing horrible hockey defensively. There's a reason anyone that's been watching has criticized him. Points or not, Rodin has been bad.

That one lone goal says it all, no matter how many secondary assists he racks up.

That not that I disagree with the sentiment, but if the trend continues, after a certain point you kind of have to recognize that a player is a good cog in a machine.

Wisp 12-01-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedgruber (Post 56160071)
There's too many players on this team that are showing that they don't want to be in the AHL because they aren't making NHL money.

Arniel didn't take a time out after that icing last night and who knows why.

The players aren't responding to him. The Wolves only gained 8 points out of the possible 24 in November. The are 2-7 in their 9 games.

I'm just looking for accountability from the top to the bottom.

Too many times others have taken the fall for a mess that wasn't their problem.

I hate to say I just don't think Wendell is a good GM and has done nothing for this team the next 4 years.

Anyways, I'm sick of this team playing the extras in the "Walking Dead".

PP is near bottom as well as the PK.

I just don't think the players are responding to Arniel.

As Wolves-first kind of guy, which players do you think are the ones that do care?

y2kcanucks 12-01-2012 03:13 PM

I'm quite happy with what Schroeder's done, given the circumstances with the Wolves. He leads the team in goals, and would have a lot more assists if he had better linemates who could convert on the chances he set up for his linemates. I would say he is clearly back on track as being a top prospect for us.

Tiranis 12-01-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisp (Post 56164459)
That not that I disagree with the sentiment, but if the trend continues, after a certain point you kind of have to recognize that a player is a good cog in a machine.

But you're looking for players that can make the NHL and that goes beyond points, otherwise Ebbett, Haydar, Mancari, Sterling, etc. would be stars. Rodin right now, unlike some of our other prospects, is not playing like somebody that will ever make the NHL.

To further the point, he got scratched after putting up 4 points in 3 games. That should tell you what the coaching staff think of how he's playing.

Scottrockztheworld* 12-01-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiranis (Post 56164999)
But you're looking for players that can make the NHL and that goes beyond points, otherwise Ebbett, Haydar, Mancari, Sterling, etc. would be stars. Rodin right now, unlike some of our other prospects, is not playing like somebody that will ever make the NHL.

To further the point, he got scratched after putting up 4 points in 3 games. That should tell you what the coaching staff think of how he's playing.

I can't really comment on his play as I don't watch the Wolves nearly as often as you but with the way you've described their coaching staff I don't know if I should put much weight into that. Seems like the coaching staff are hacks.

Tiranis 12-01-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imagine17 (Post 56165205)
I can't really comment on his play as I don't watch the Wolves nearly as often as you but with the way you've described their coaching staff I don't know if I should put much weight into that. Seems like the coaching staff are hacks.

Is being a healthy scratch ever a good thing?

Nuck This 12-01-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiranis (Post 56165681)
Is being a healthy scratch ever a good thing?

I thought they have a lot of players on the roster?

vanuck 12-01-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisp (Post 56164459)
That not that I disagree with the sentiment, but if the trend continues, after a certain point you kind of have to recognize that a player is a good cog in a machine.

If he keeps producing like that after a large sample of games, I'd say yeah, but generally lucky points don't tend to keep coming over the long term, especially if they're coming despite poor play.

Illmatic Stoic 12-01-2012 07:34 PM

Why are Schroeder and Kassian healthy scratches? :facepalm: Does Arniel want to lose?

King of Anarchy 12-01-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canuckee (Post 56170415)
Why are Schroeder and Kassian healthy scratches? :facepalm: Does Arniel want to lose?

They're already losing haha.

Sending a pretty bold message.

Elbows of Bure 12-01-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King of Anarchy (Post 56170467)
They're already losing haha.

Sending a pretty bold message.

I guess Arniel's message is "Fire me!"

Scottrockztheworld* 12-01-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canuckee (Post 56170415)
Why are Schroeder and Kassian healthy scratches? :facepalm: Does Arniel want to lose?

I dunno... sure seems like he wants to be fired though!

Tiranis 12-01-2012 07:40 PM

Well... ok... apparently Arniel set out to prove me wrong when I assumed that he had solid reasoning behind scratching players. Scratch the two guys that actually played well last night. :laugh:

Illmatic Stoic 12-01-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elbows of Bure (Post 56170541)
I guess Arniel's message is "Fire me!"

I hope Gillis is thinking the same thing. Would he be one that decides whether Arniel gets fired or would it be Young? Either way Gillis would have a lot to do with the decision.

timw33 12-01-2012 07:42 PM

What did Shroeder and Kassian do aside from be the Wolves best forwards.....

Game won't be worth following closely tonight without our top prospects playing.

ThereGoesVirtanen 12-01-2012 07:46 PM

Wolves were a bad choice for an affiliate team. They don't care about the Canuck prospects developing at all.

Tiranis 12-01-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDK (Post 56170713)
Wolves were a bad choice for an affiliate team. They don't care about the Canuck prospects developing at all.

Apparently they don't care about winning either... How the hell do you scratch your point leader for the month of November (9 points) when you're short on centres as it is? Scratching Kassian is also perplexing, by far the best winger that they have.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.