HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: New Jersey's defensemen (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1300199)

hlaverty06 12-01-2012 01:02 PM

New Jersey's defensemen

Okay, so yes Tallinder has been kicked around a lot and for fun I'm curious what the other 7 guys could fetch so here's our rundown..I know its unlikely some of these guys would be moved but what would you offer if they were hypothetically made available

Anton Volchenkov- A fantastic shot blocker, hard hitter, and a very good stay at home defenseman. Beginning of the 2010-2011 season he was signed to a 6 year deal with a cap hit of 4.25. Problem is he's got an NTC. He definitely did not play well in the 2011-2012 playoffs but he made a bounce-back in the later part of the Rangers series into the SCF.

Marek Zidlicky- Not really expecting him to go anywhere since he's on the last year of his deal but, he is an offensive defenseman. He displays some ferocity in him occasionally. He is the PP QB and as I said being in the last year of his deal its unlikely he moves and were waiting on Larsson to develop into our PP QB so he's more of a stop gap.

Henrik Tallinder- Most likely candidate to be moved. He is a solid 2nd pairing defensemen who is pretty mobile for a big guy like himself. In Buffalo he did play with Myers and helped develop him. With Alex Urbom/Gelinas/Merrill all waiting he has become pretty expendable. I like the guy but he is definitely surplus. He has a good shot as well.

Bryce Salvador- Just signed a 3 year deal but he is similar to Volchenkov in the fact that he will hit you hard if you aren't aware. He can play a lot of PK time and was probably one of our best defensemen during our SCF run this season. He scored 4 goals and 10 assists in the playoffs which was surprising to say the least since he had 9 points all year (I believe).

Andy Greene- He's a jack of all trades. He has a very good two way game. He was injured part of last year but when he is healthy he is good for around 30 points and plays a pretty good defensive game as well. He's a solid top 4 guy.

Peter Harrold- I don't believe he'd have much trade value but he is a very reliable 7th defensemen who like I said would be a good 'added' piece but has very little trade value. He can also play the wing!

Mark Fayne+Larsson- Both two good young D, Fayne maybe needs more explanation than Larsson. Fayne is similar to Greene, he's a jack of all trades. He's young and projects for us as a #3-4 Defensemen.

Some offeres that have been talked about have been Tallinder for D'Agostini

Devils Trap 12-01-2012 01:05 PM

Fayne/Greene/Larsson will not be traded unless a massive overpayement

Vankiller Whale 12-01-2012 01:06 PM

Which defensemen can play the right side?

hlaverty06 12-01-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devils Trap (Post 56163519)
Fayne/Greene/Larsson will not be traded unless a massive overpayement

I know its just a value of thread, just for fun

Fire Dumboer 12-01-2012 04:25 PM

Zidlicky was so bad in the SCF

tsujimoto74 12-01-2012 05:02 PM

Would definitely welcome Tallinder back in Buffalo. I know Luke Adam + 2nd was kicked around a bit, but I feel like the value of that package is diminishing with how Adam's played so far this year. TL;DR: What would NJ want from Buffalo for Hank?

Mgd31 12-01-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 56163531)

Fayne, Zidlicky, and Larsson

Vankiller Whale 12-01-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mgd31 (Post 56169405)
Fayne, Zidlicky, and Larsson

What would it take from the Canucks for either Zidlicky or Fayne? Preferably Fayne. Ideal trade bait is Raymond, but I'm not sure how highly regarded Fayne is, and it would probably take more for him.

The Podium 12-01-2012 06:12 PM

What would you be looking for in return for Volchenkov or Greene? Need someone who can slide in besid Gardiner.

Halpysback 12-01-2012 06:29 PM

Tallinder and Urbom for Neuvirth and a 2nd/3rd.

Yashintangibles 12-01-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisx101 (Post 56169797)
What would you be looking for in return for Volchenkov or Greene? Need someone who can slide in besid Gardiner.

Top 6 or Bottom 6, it's a need for forwards all the way.

Kris Chreider 12-01-2012 06:54 PM

Minnesota will send you Bouchard for Tallinder or Setoguchi + prospect for Volchenkov. Devils need wing depth to replace Parise and Ponikarovsky. I'm not too well versed on Fayne's play but he'd probably be a better fit since he's a RHD, but I don't know what to offer for him.

jiggy35 12-01-2012 07:02 PM

Most Leafs fans would disagree but I would trade Reilly/Reimer for Larsson.

Kris Chreider 12-01-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiggy35 (Post 56171213)
Most Leafs fans would disagree but I would trade Reilly/Reimer for Larsson.

Then the Leafs would be icing Scrivens as their starter. That would be horrible. The only way I see this trade going through is if Luongo gets a Leafs jersey.

Devils Trap 12-01-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halpysback (Post 56170277)

Dont want a Goalie. Forwards only

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris Chreider (Post 56170947)
Minnesota will send you Bouchard for Tallinder or Setoguchi + prospect for Volchenkov. Devils need wing depth to replace Parise and Ponikarovsky. I'm not too well versed on Fayne's play but he'd probably be a better fit since he's a RHD, but I don't know what to offer for him.

I would do Seto for Volch, the only problem being his NTC

AfroThunder396 12-01-2012 07:25 PM

Mark Fayne is pretty much a poor man's Ryan McDonagh. Tall, mobile, long reach, skates well, excellent gap control, superb positionally, not afraid to take the body, plays big minutes, great work ethic, all situation player, chips in the occasional offense.

He's the prototypical "glue" guy that anchors your defense. Doesn't get the praise that the big names get but is just as important.

Outside of Larsson, I'd argue he's the most untouchable defenseman on defense. New Jersey doesn't trade him unless they're getting a bonafide consistent 25 goal/50 point guy back. A guy like Michael Ryder, Kris Versteeg, or Martin Erat, although not them specifically. That caliber/mold of player.

Yashintangibles 12-01-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

He was surprisingly a very good shooter in his rookie year but regressed big time last season. On the other hand it makes 2 years that Mark and Tallinder face night in and night out the toughest competition for a Devils pairing with success. And he was still great when Tallinder was sidelined 4 or 5 months.

Fayne is a brilliant player in the defensive zone. I surely hope he won't get traded.

DKQ 12-01-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

I would do either of those, preferably the second one

MadDog172430 12-01-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

I would probably give up Volch for Setoguchi. Would certainly help our winger depth.

apice3* 12-01-2012 08:53 PM

The Devils will not be trading a RHD. Tallinder and Volchenkov are the two most likely trade pieces.

Leafs For Life* 12-01-2012 09:08 PM

MacA+pick for Volch has been tossed around, I'd like to get Fayne for something, maybe Kuley+2nd?

Zippy316 12-01-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 (Post 56168295)
Would definitely welcome Tallinder back in Buffalo. I know Luke Adam + 2nd was kicked around a bit, but I feel like the value of that package is diminishing with how Adam's played so far this year. TL;DR: What would NJ want from Buffalo for Hank?

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisx101 (Post 56169797)

Forwards, forwards, and forwards. Would love to get a young guy like Ennis, but it's probably not worth it. What Buffalo/Toronto forwards are available? Greene is probably not really available. Tallinder is really good alongside young guys, he played well with Myers and Fayne. He's that good reliable smart player you can count on when playing with a young guy. A Tallinder-Gardiner pairing would look pretty nic.

Quote:

No way. Devils don't need goalies, contrary to most people's belief. Four goalies in the AHL/ECHL and Brodeur/Hedberg signed through 2013-2014. No sense in adding a goalie now.

Quote:

I would do both. Devils certainly need wingers, and both guys can fill in the top-six. The only thing is that Seto+ for Volch is probably overpayment on Minnesota's part. Setoguchi for Volchenkov is probably close value-wise, although I'd love a prospect coming our way too...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaffan16 (Post 56174687)
MacA+pick for Volch has been tossed around, I'd like to get Fayne for something, maybe Kuley+2nd?

Fayne is untouchable for me. Like someone said, he's that glue guy on defense. He's like the Scuderi's, Ference's, etc. The guys that don't stand out but are so effective and reliable. Although I will say the value's there, maybe even overpayment on Toronto's part.

Saugus 12-01-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 56163531)

The Devils have equal numbers of defencemen of each handedness. Whichever hand they shoot with, that's the side they usually play. Larsson, Fayne, Zidlicky, and Harrold are the right side defencemen. The first two won't be moved, the latter two probably aren't worth moving.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 (Post 56168295)

I think I'd still be willing to do Adam and a second for Tallinder, if only because we're starting the era of Adams (Henrique and Larsson) in NJ and we need another one.

Quote:

The Devils do not need a goalie for another two years. Brodeur and Hedberg have the NHL slots locked up, and the farm system is full of goalie prospects.

Quote:

I think I would do Setoguchi and the pick for Volch. Bouchard, I'd be worried if he's damaged goods from the concussions.

Halpysback 12-01-2012 11:28 PM

Is having two 41 year old goalies after a year off really such a good formula? I can see Brodeur obviously but replacing Hedberg with someone like Neuvirth (send him back as well) and having him take over after Brodeur retires might do NJ a lot of good.

Also, Wedgewood and the rest of those goalies don't really seem to project to more than backups. Who knows though.

Bleedred 12-02-2012 02:00 AM

I think Wedgewood is projected to be more than a backup at NHL level. The other guys probably not. Hedberg has a full no trade clause as well.