HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   OT: Alex Burrows playing in a ball hockey tournament (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1300205)

Lint07 12-01-2012 01:10 PM

Alex Burrows playing in a ball hockey tournament
 
For those interested to follow his performances, Alex Burrows (who was introduced in the Ball Hockey hall of fame) is making a return with his Montreal Red Lite team this weekend in an elite tournament in Quebec City.

Here is the link to follow his stats and see game summaries:
http://www.ddlc.ca/joueur.php?sp_no=26799

His next game starts in about 10 minutes.

Btw, the Montreal Red Lite goaltender is usually Roberto Luongo's brother but not for this tournament, unfortunately.

KeslerKrony 12-01-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lint07 (Post 56163615)
For those interested to follow his performances, Alex Burrows (who was introduced in the Ball Hockey hall of fame) is making a return with his Montreal Red Lite team this weekend in an elite tournament in Quebec City.

Here is the link to follow his stats and see game summaries:
http://www.ddlc.ca/joueur.php?sp_no=26799

His next game starts in about 10 minutes.

Btw, the Montreal Red Lite goaltender is usually Roberto Luongo's brother but not for this tournament, unfortunately.

Looks like he's doing decent, goal and 2 assists in 2 games.

Huntershin Karuk 12-01-2012 01:34 PM

I'd expect him to absolutely dominate but ball hockey is a completely different game than ice*hockey

Lint07 12-01-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeslerKrony (Post 56164017)
Looks like he's doing decent, goal and 2 assists in 2 games.

Yeah, and those are 2x15mins period games.
I play ball hockey myself and the caliber of those elite tournaments is insane.

But the Montreal Red Lite is a powerhouse and they are the favorites to win this tournament I would think.

Lint07 12-01-2012 01:42 PM

btw for those who don't know, Burrows host his own international ball hockey tournament every summer in the Quebec region with many calibers and categories.

It's called the Burrows Cup and there is something like 50 000$ in prize.

http://www.coupeburrows.com/

Bougieman 12-02-2012 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lint07 (Post 56164221)
btw for those who don't know, Burrows host his own international ball hockey tournament every summer in the Quebec region with many calibers and categories.

It's called the Burrows Cup and there is something like 50 000$ in prize.

http://www.coupeburrows.com/

That is AWESOME. I'm a huge Alex Burrows fan, and I actually did not know that. Thanks for posting.

Lint07 12-02-2012 02:58 PM

Burrows and his team just won 5-4 against Team USA (they were losing 4-3 with 3 minutes left). They will play the Semi finals in about 1h15 from now.

You can check the scores in real time by clicking on an individual game at the top of the page.

Burrows' stats so far:
5gp, 1g-6a-7pts

Lint07 12-02-2012 08:54 PM

Alex Burrows finishes the tournament with a 2g-7a-9pts record in 6 games and his team wins the championship against a team from Quebec city.

Hollywood Burrows 12-02-2012 10:04 PM

damn, can we get a youtube or what:help:

Lint07 12-02-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywood Burrows (Post 56199853)
damn, can we get a youtube or what:help:

Some of these tournaments have games shown in real time online. Unfortunately this one wasn't filmed (as far as I know).

If I get my hands on some footage I'll be sure to post it here!

PG Canuck 12-02-2012 11:12 PM

At least Burrows is lifting some sort of Cup this year.

Royal Canuck 12-02-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PG Canuck (Post 56201453)
At least Burrows is lifting some sort of Cup this year.

:cry:

Screw you PG. :laugh:

Lint07 12-03-2012 12:11 PM

Not a video but here are 3 pics..

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/2...3588945717.jpg

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2476/redlite2.jpg

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/6070/redlite.jpg

Lint07 12-03-2012 12:23 PM

And here are some action pics:

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/973/alexburrows.jpg

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/246/alexburrows2.jpg

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/798/alexburrows3.jpg

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/1...exburrows4.jpg

Scottrockztheworld* 12-03-2012 04:34 PM

Burrows wears #99 in Ball Hockey?

He be trollin' :handclap::laugh: or is he just the Gretzky of Ball hockey?

Hollywood Burrows 12-03-2012 06:16 PM

He wore #99, I love it. He can never not troll.

parabola 12-03-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imagine17 (Post 56215835)
Burrows wears #99 in Ball Hockey?

He be trollin' :handclap::laugh: or is he just the Gretzky of Ball hockey?

He is the Gretzky of Ball hockey...

Quote:

Burrows made his first appearance on the international stage in ball hockey when he was named to Canada's national ball hockey team for the 2003 World Championships in Sierre, Switzerland. He helped Canada beat the Czech Republic 61 in the final.Tying for the lead in tournament scoring with five goals and 10 points, Burrows was named the Most Valuable Forward. Two years later, in 2005, he won his second World Championship in as many appearances with Canada in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He capped the season off by being named the 2005 International Player of the Year by the International Street and Ball Hockey Federation (ISBHF). The following year, he was voted in a Canadian poll as the country's greatest ball hockey player.

kevinsane 12-03-2012 06:59 PM

And, they outdrew Florida, Dallas, and Phoenix.

luongo321 12-03-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imagine17 (Post 56215835)
Burrows wears #99 in Ball Hockey?

He be trollin' :handclap::laugh: or is he just the Gretzky of Ball hockey?

I heard he called up Auger to ref.

adamzilla 12-03-2012 09:06 PM

Only one wearing a visor on his team?

luongo321 12-03-2012 11:26 PM

Just youtube'd alex burrows ball hockey and I got a clip from about 4 years ago. Is he #68 in this clip? The guy scoring?

If so, he's TebowinglikeabossBEFORE TEBOW


Lint07 12-04-2012 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luongo321 (Post 56227319)
Just youtube'd alex burrows ball hockey and I got a clip from about 4 years ago. Is he #68 in this clip? The guy scoring?

If so, he's TebowinglikeabossBEFORE TEBOW


Yeah, that's him. From what I've heard, he was a ball hockey machine and was pretty much dominating everyone.

Here's an interview with him about his Ball hockey career:
http://hockeygods.com/blog/worldhock..._Hall_of_Famer

Also I swear I once saw his ball hockey stats & titles somewhere on the internet (and somehow can't find it anymore) but it was very impressive!

crazy Kassian 12-04-2012 02:52 AM

We have our ball hockey Gretzky!

Royal Canuck 12-04-2012 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lint07 (Post 56209491)

Look at the guy on the left shoulder of Burr....

:biglaugh:

Royal Canuck 12-04-2012 03:16 AM

And I love how he's the only guy wearing a visor. :laugh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.