HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Wally31: NHL 2013 Mock Draft (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1300675)

The Ultimate Warrior 12-02-2012 09:55 PM

Wally31: NHL 2013 Mock Draft
 
I used draftpicklottery.com and entered in the correct information (if we are using the 2005 format) and received the following results:

Montreal, CBJ, and Washington make out like bandits picking that high (x2 for CBJ).


Pick 1: Montreal - Nathan MacKinnon
Pick 2: Florida - Aleksander Barkov
Pick 3: NYR (CBJ) - Seth Jones
Pick 4: Columbus - Sean Monahan
Pick 5: Minnesota - Jonathan Drouin
Pick 6: Calgary - Elias Lindholm
Pick 7: Washington - Valeri Nichushkin
Pick 8: Colorado - Ryan Pulock
Pick 9: Ottawa - Rasmus Ristolainen
Pick 10: Anaheim - Hunter Shinkaruk
Pick 11: Dallas - Darnell Nurse
Pick 12: San Jose - Anthony Mantha
Pick 13: Nashville - Curtis Lazar
Pick 14: Pittsburgh - Adam Erne
Pick 15: Vancouver - Nikita Zadorov
Pick 16: Edmonton - Fredrick Gauthier
Pick 17: Toronto - Max Domi (BPA imo. nothing to do with dad)
Pick 18: Tampa Bay - Joshua Morrissey
Pick 19: Philadelphia - Andre Burakovsky
Pick 20: Phoenix - Kerby Rychel
Pick 21: Detroit - Robert Hagg
Pick 22: Chicago - William Carrier
Pick 23: NYI - JT Compher
Pick 24: Carolina - Anthony Duclair
Pick 25: Buffalo - Shea Theodore
Pick 26: Boston - Hudson Fasching
Pick 27: St.Louis - Jacob de-la Rose
Pick 28: Winnipeg - Artturi Lehkonen
Pick 29: LA (CBJ) - Steve Santini
Pick 30: New Jersey - Morgan Klimchuck

I'm sure everyones rankings are different. Maybe a few are similar? I would love to listen to your feedback. I strictly used BPA for all 30 picks, therefore did not take into consideration organizational needs so don't freak out! :)

CoachBadkitten 12-02-2012 10:06 PM

Columbus gets Monahan and Jones. Wow! That would be exactly what they need to jumpstart the franchise again.

Method Boy 12-02-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoachBadkitten (Post 56199877)
Columbus gets Monahan and Jones. Wow! That would be exactly what they need to jumpstart the franchise again.

and santini

The Ultimate Warrior 12-02-2012 10:16 PM

Seth Jones ,Brandon Dubinsky, Tim Erixon and Artem Anisimov for Rick Nash looks like an absolute steal for CBJ now!

Vankiller Whale 12-02-2012 11:08 PM

I think I'd prefer Morrissey to Zadorov, but unfortunately Gillis hasn't drafted either Russians or from the WHL in a long time, so I doubt either become Canucks.

Morrissey would be awesome for us though.

The Ultimate Warrior 12-02-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 56201405)
I think I'd prefer Morrissey to Zadorov, but unfortunately Gillis hasn't drafted either Russians or from the WHL in a long time, so I doubt either become Canucks.

Morrissey would be awesome for us though.

I'm a big Morrissey fan (Calgary kid) too. He had a somewhat rough November though. Dropped off a little. (Although tonight he was a beast with 2G - 1A +5)

This is just a mock draft for November... I'll probably do one at the end of each month.

_________________________

Side note: It's great hearing what you think about your team and their pick, but it would be nice to get some feedback on the overall mock itself. I've spent a considerable amount of time covering the 2013 prospects, and always looking to improve.

ManByng 12-03-2012 08:25 AM

i could absolutely see the Oilers taking big talented center Fredrik Gauthier with their pick, but they would also consider d-man Josh Morrissey if he was still there. for Columbus, they already have a pretty deep defensive pool, so at #29, i'd try to get yet another forward like Bo Horvat or Klimchuck, or Ryan Kujawinski....someone like that.

then you could end up with Jones, Dubinsky, Erixon and Anisimov for Nash, and Sean Monahan and Morgan Klimchuck, not to mention Ryan Murray from last year.

Huffer 12-03-2012 10:37 AM

Wow did the Jets ever get hosed considering they had the max amount of balls.

The Ultimate Warrior 12-03-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffer (Post 56207373)
Wow did the Jets ever get hosed considering they had the max amount of balls.

I know. It's a reality that every team faces.... a team with 3 balls can easily end up picking in the 25-30 range.... I wish the lottery was weighted a little differently.

something like this:

7 balls

3 balls

1 ball

It won't happen though...

chunkbox 12-03-2012 12:17 PM

i thought Edmonton had to pick first every year ...? :sarcasm:

InfinityIggy 12-03-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wally31 (Post 56199643)
I used draftpicklottery.com and entered in the correct information (if we are using the 2005 format) and received the following results:

Montreal, CBJ, and Washington make out like bandits picking that high (x2 for CBJ).


Pick 1: Montreal - Nathan MacKinnon
Pick 2: Florida - Aleksander Barkov
Pick 3: NYR (CBJ) - Seth Jones
Pick 4: Columbus - Sean Monahan
Pick 5: Minnesota - Jonathan Drouin
Pick 6: Calgary - Elias Lindholm
Pick 7: Washington - Valeri Nichushkin
Pick 8: Colorado - Ryan Pulock
Pick 9: Ottawa - Rasmus Ristolainen
Pick 10: Anaheim - Hunter Shinkaruk
Pick 11: Dallas - Darnell Nurse
Pick 12: San Jose - Anthony Mantha
Pick 13: Nashville - Curtis Lazar
Pick 14: Pittsburgh - Adam Erne
Pick 15: Vancouver - Nikita Zadorov
Pick 16: Edmonton - Fredrick Gauthier
Pick 17: Toronto - Max Domi (BPA imo. nothing to do with dad)
Pick 18: Tampa Bay - Joshua Morrissey
Pick 19: Philadelphia - Andre Burakovsky
Pick 20: Phoenix - Kerby Rychel
Pick 21: Detroit - Robert Hagg
Pick 22: Chicago - William Carrier
Pick 23: NYI - JT Compher
Pick 24: Carolina - Anthony Duclair
Pick 25: Buffalo - Shea Theodore
Pick 26: Boston - Hudson Fasching
Pick 27: St.Louis - Jacob de-la Rose
Pick 28: Winnipeg - Artturi Lehkonen
Pick 29: LA (CBJ) - Steve Santini
Pick 30: New Jersey - Morgan Klimchuck

I'm sure everyones rankings are different. Maybe a few are similar? I would love to listen to your feedback. I strictly used BPA for all 30 picks, therefore did not take into consideration organizational needs so don't freak out! :)

K, call Bettman lets do this.

Rankings look good, could someone tell me more about Valeri Nichushkin? I have seen several people rank him in the Top 10 now, havent heard a lot about his game though.

ManByng 12-04-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chunkbox (Post 56209655)
i thought Edmonton had to pick first every year ...? :sarcasm:

we won't need it every year....just the next 2 so we can draft d-men Seth Jones and Aaron Ekblad ;)

The Ultimate Warrior 12-04-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManByng (Post 56234067)
we won't need it every year....just the next 2 so we can draft d-men Seth Jones and Aaron Ekblad ;)

Why stop at Ekblad when you can get McDavid too?

ManByng 12-04-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wally31 (Post 56234555)
Why stop at Ekblad when you can get McDavid too?

lol ya, as it stands now, i know the Oilers would take the BPA in MacKinnon this year and McDavid next year regardless of whether there was any place to play them up front, but if we did get the next two #1 picks :baghead:, i'd like to see the Oilers take d-men, and actually the way Ekblad is playing in junior right now as a 16 year old, who's to say he couldn't be #1 next draft?

InfinityIggy 12-04-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManByng (Post 56236509)
lol ya, as it stands now, i know the Oilers would take the BPA in MacKinnon this year and McDavid next year regardless of whether there was any place to play them up front, but if we did get the next two #1 picks :baghead:, i'd like to see the Oilers take d-men, and actually the way Ekblad is playing in junior right now as a 16 year old, who's to say he couldn't be #1 next draft?

Hes the same year as McDavid right?

I don't see anyone beating McDavid at this point...hes just unreal.

ManByng 12-04-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfinityIggy (Post 56237249)
Hes the same year as McDavid right?

I don't see anyone beating McDavid at this point...hes just unreal.

but what a consolation prize Aaron Ekblad would be at the 2014 draft! ;)

DMaz16 12-04-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfinityIggy (Post 56237249)
Hes the same year as McDavid right?

I don't see anyone beating McDavid at this point...hes just unreal.

Mcdavid is in the 2015 draft... Ekblad is 2014

Ekblads main competition for top spot is Sam Reinhart

Mystifo 12-04-2012 02:20 PM

Rankings are nice although if Toronto gets their picked bounced all the way down to that point I think I am going to cry. (I like Domi but I feel it is about time Bettman threw Toronto a bone and let us AT LEAST draft Lindholm.

ManByng 12-04-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Momentum (Post 56237801)
Mcdavid is in the 2015 draft... Ekblad is 2014

Ekblads main competition for top spot is Sam Reinhart

ah, thanx for correcting my brain fart! :silly:

ManByng 12-04-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wally31 (Post 56207655)
I know. It's a reality that every team faces.... a team with 3 balls can easily end up picking in the 25-30 range.... I wish the lottery was weighted a little differently.

something like this:

7 balls

3 balls

1 ball

It won't happen though...

^correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't the Oilers have 3 balls on 2005 and end up drafting 25th overall? (and taking Andrew Cogliano).

The Ultimate Warrior 12-04-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManByng (Post 56242223)
^correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't the Oilers have 3 balls on 2005 and end up drafting 25th overall? (and taking Andrew Cogliano).

I believe the Oilers had 2 balls in the lottery.

Three balls
Buffalo Sabres, Columbus Blue Jackets, New York Rangers, Pittsburgh Penguins

Two balls
Mighty Ducks of Anaheim, Atlanta Thrashers, Calgary Flames, Carolina Hurricanes, Chicago Blackhawks, Edmonton Oilers, Los Angeles Kings, Minnesota Wild, Nashville Predators, Phoenix Coyotes

One ball
Boston Bruins, Colorado Avalanche, Dallas Stars, Detroit Red Wings, Florida Panthers, Montreal Canadiens, New Jersey Devils, New York Islanders, Ottawa Senators, Philadelphia Flyers, San Jose Sharks, St. Louis Blues, Tampa Bay Lightning, Toronto Maple Leafs, Vancouver Canucks, Washington Capitals

ManByng 12-04-2012 06:44 PM

^ah, ok.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.