HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Subban won't go to Europe to steal other hockey players' jobs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1300789)

Habitant by heart 12-03-2012 09:42 AM

Subban won't go to Europe to steal other hockey players' jobs
 
Shows Subban is much more mature than what most would think.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-l...adiens_subban/

Gally11 12-03-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

If I wasnt concerned about playing without a contract, Id be playing in Russia now, so I wont be stepping on the ice unless Im signed.
Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/...#ixzz2E0QKqje0


I think it has to do with his contract issues moreso than him being selfless as much as he'd like to stay that.

NotProkofievian 12-03-2012 10:12 AM



Hearing the cries of Swiss, and German hockey players everywhere.

The Gal Pals 12-03-2012 10:20 AM

He probably shouldn't yell that from the rooftops because he's basically insulting all the other players (including his own teammates) that have gone over to Europe to play.

EmelinHipCheck 12-03-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airic000 (Post 56207059)
He probably shouldn't yell that from the rooftops because he's basically insulting all the other players (including his own teammates) that have gone over to Europe to play.

IIRC Gorges said the same

onebighockeyfan 12-03-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airic000 (Post 56207059)
He probably shouldn't yell that from the rooftops because he's basically insulting all the other players (including his own teammates) that have gone over to Europe to play.

Sound like something a Leafs fan would say. Anything Subban says is dirt.

onebighockeyfan 12-03-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongLiveTheKing (Post 56207279)
IIRC Gorges said the same

By the way, not saying you are a Leafs fan. Just sayig that being a Habs fan in Toronto, everything Subban says from a Leafs fan perspective is out of line!

Kriss E 12-03-2012 10:51 AM

I don't think the ''I don't want to steal another guy's job'' is the real excuse. I think it's more him playing without a contract and risking injury.
But he's right on the fact these negotiations have nothing to do with the bettering of the league. It's all about money, on both sides.

Et le But 12-03-2012 10:57 AM

He wouldn't be able to be on TV and hang out with celebrities in Europe after all.

poetryinmotion 12-03-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotProkofievian (Post 56206915)


Hearing the cries of Swiss, and German hockey players everywhere.

That is so epic.

Myron Gaines* 12-03-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notprokofievian (Post 56206915)


hearing the cries of swiss, and german hockey players everywhere.

chakkaa jaaahhh

NotProkofievian 12-03-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myron Gaines (Post 56211305)
chakkaa jaaahhh

:laugh:

perfect.

The Gal Pals 12-03-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelletier666 (Post 56207327)
Sound like something a Leafs fan would say. Anything Subban says is dirt.

Um I actually have a Subban habs jersey. Guess again! Best part is, when I was living in Toronto for a year I got the name put on at the Real Sports store across from the Air Canada Centre. The staff wanted to kill me. Then I hung one of my Habs jersey's in the window of my condo across from the Air Canada Centre for all to see.

Shabutie 12-03-2012 09:42 PM

Once the whole #Joel thing passes, I'll go back to liking Subban.

DAChampion 12-03-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie (Post 56224051)
Once the whole #Joel thing passes, I'll go back to liking Subban.

The what?

Prairie Habs 12-03-2012 10:13 PM

Title should read "Subban doesn't want to get hurt while he doesn't have a contract". I hate all the pro-owner rhetoric that all players are evil and playing in Europe is this huge epidemic against those poor people. Most leagues either expanded rosters or put in special rules to prevent anything like that.

Upgrayedd 12-04-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie (Post 56224051)
Once the whole #Joel thing passes, I'll go back to liking Subban.

Im sure you guys have been asked a million times but what does this Jol refer to other than the goofy stance? Im guessing for some sort of chairity, however i have searched the net and have come up with zero explanations to this...following him on twitter and it's literally non stop about this...any help?

Jigger77 12-04-2012 10:18 AM

Listening to this they say that if the PA decertifies any player without a contract ends up being a UFA?

They are coming dangerously close to losing me as a fan as is. If this lockout causes the Habs to lose Subban I'm definitely going to have a hard time coming back.

Joe Cole 12-10-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigger77 (Post 56233137)
Listening to this they say that if the PA decertifies any player without a contract ends up being a UFA?

They are coming dangerously close to losing me as a fan as is. If this lockout causes the Habs to lose Subban I'm definitely going to have a hard time coming back.

Agree

poetryinmotion 12-10-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigger77 (Post 56233137)
Listening to this they say that if the PA decertifies any player without a contract ends up being a UFA?

They are coming dangerously close to losing me as a fan as is. If this lockout causes the Habs to lose Subban I'm definitely going to have a hard time coming back.

Wouldn't that be on Bergevin for not signing him at the alst second like a lot of other RFA's?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Upgrayedd (Post 56232683)
Im sure you guys have been asked a million times but what does this Jol refer to other than the goofy stance? Im guessing for some sort of chairity, however i have searched the net and have come up with zero explanations to this...following him on twitter and it's literally non stop about this...any help?

It's from when he hosted this hour has 22 minutes, they did that pose at the end of the show and it became a 'thing'.

Odelein24 12-11-2012 03:04 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong please. If the NHLPA decertifies and all players become UFA, the salary cap also wouldn't exist and the Habs wouldn't be at the same disadvantage (Gomez contract) as they are now.

That would mean they could throw around a lot more cash than many other teams?

Sorry if I'm dragging this off topic.

FlyingKostitsyn 12-11-2012 03:20 PM

Being a rich team its likely the Habs would benefit from decertification compared to other teams.

Its also 99% certain Subban would sign with the Habs even if he were a UFA. With no salary cap we'd be limited only by a huge budget.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odelein24
Correct me if I'm wrong please. If the NHLPA decertifies and all players become UFA, the salary cap also wouldn't exist and the Habs wouldn't be at the same disadvantage (Gomez contract) as they are now.

True. As for Gomez contract its not that difficult to manage for the Habs, its just very annoying. Many competitive teams have underperforming players with large contracts, Gomez is just one of the worst.

torero 12-11-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odelein24 (Post 56456735)
Correct me if I'm wrong please. If the NHLPA decertifies and all players become UFA, the salary cap also wouldn't exist and the Habs wouldn't be at the same disadvantage (Gomez contract) as they are now.

That would mean they could throw around a lot more cash than many other teams?

Sorry if I'm dragging this off topic.

Actually you touch something quite interesting : imagine players create their own league (they aren't poor !!) and start again with new rules with no salary cap !!
the big winners will definitely be Canadians .... the Leafs !!

If I was a players ... i'll consider such options and would talk about it in the NHLPA.
if I was a team owner ... i would fear such a move and would push it too far !

Analyzer 12-11-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAChampion (Post 56224279)
The what?

Some twitter thing... Other than that I know as much as you.

shack23 12-12-2012 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myron Gaines (Post 56211305)
chakkaa jaaahhh

Well judging from you taste in music, i can assure you that we are all glad that it doesn't


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.