HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Young Sens having fun during playoffs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1300833)

simplefan 12-03-2012 11:46 AM

Young Sens having fun during playoffs

Check at 7:59

zoA 12-03-2012 12:52 PM

... Am I missing something?

simplefan 12-03-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoA (Post 56208951)
... Am I missing something?

Hockey. :cry:

We NEED hockey.

O23L 12-03-2012 01:01 PM

Sounds like fun.

bombers15 12-03-2012 02:13 PM

wat.

sauce11 12-03-2012 02:24 PM

gives an idea of what the sens could be in the near future (minus foligno), but really? a thread for this?

simplefan 12-03-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sauce11 (Post 56211289)
gives an idea of what the sens could be in the near future (minus foligno), but really? a thread for this?

It's just to contrast with how things are going now. When they played, it wasn't about money. It was about fun.

But hey I'm a ''Simple fan''

HavlatMach9 12-03-2012 04:12 PM

That was pretty, all sorts of random passes between the young players in the playoffs no less.

simplefan 12-03-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 (Post 56213953)
That was pretty, all sorts of random passes between the young players in the playoffs no less.

I agree :laugh:

CanadianHockey 12-03-2012 05:16 PM

They got too fancy. Failed to get off a shot.

SevenOfSpades 12-03-2012 06:09 PM

Man Lundqvist was amazing this series.

I wish he played for us. :(

simplefan 12-03-2012 09:15 PM

I felt the Sens dominated. However, if guys like Smith, Greening played like they did in the regular season, we would have went past the Rangers easily, IMO.

salomonster 12-03-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplefan (Post 56221321)
I felt the Sens dominated. However, if guys like Smith, Greening played like they did in the regular season, we would have went past the Rangers easily, IMO.

Agreed if Smith had not lost his gas he would have helped in this series, same for Greening, we needed more from those guys to have won that series.

ReginKarlssonLehner 12-03-2012 09:42 PM

I just watched all the games in the series. Took me more than an hour cause each game highlight had 10+ minutes. I gotta say. Smith, Greening, Neil, O'Brien were absolutely HUGE for us every single game. Those guys are gonna be on this team for a long-time. Maybe not as much Neil but Smith and O'Briens will be elite 3rd liners who will be nightmares to play against in the playoffs. Greening does it all.

The only thing we truly lacked was high-end scoring forwards. We had Butler on the top line ffs. I think that will be resolved with Silfverberg, a better Turris and a top end forward through free agency or trade. Loss of Alfredsson will be huge but I feel like we can fill that through the organization with Zibanejad.

ReginKarlssonLehner 12-03-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplefan (Post 56221321)

Quote:

Originally Posted by salomonster (Post 56221981)
Agreed if Smith had not lost his gas he would have helped in this series, same for Greening, we needed more from those guys to have won that series.

I made the post above before looking at these. Good to know we share the same opinion. Those guys can be huge for us. Smith just gets better and better. O'Brien was a huge thorn on NYR's side the entire series as well.

simplefan 12-03-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner (Post 56222145)
I made the post above before looking at these. Good to know we share the same opinion. Those guys can be huge for us. Smith just gets better and better. O'Brien was a huge thorn on NYR's side the entire series as well.

True. Obrien was really interesting. He's really developping in that Fisher mold.

2Cowen 12-03-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplefan (Post 56224007)
True. Obrien was really interesting. He's really developping in that Fisher mold.

Really? That's what you see in Obrien? He looks more like a Chris Kelly mold to me. Hes extremely smart on the PK and has decent hands. Not as physical as Fisher but he can actually play the east-west type of hockey not just north-south

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner (Post 56222107)
I just watched all the games in the series. Took me more than an hour cause each game highlight had 10+ minutes. I gotta say. Smith, Greening, Neil, O'Brien were absolutely HUGE for us every single game. Those guys are gonna be on this team for a long-time. Maybe not as much Neil but Smith and O'Briens will be elite 3rd liners who will be nightmares to play against in the playoffs. Greening does it all.

The only thing we truly lacked was high-end scoring forwards. We had Butler on the top line ffs. I think that will be resolved with Silfverberg, a better Turris and a top end forward through free agency or trade. Loss of Alfredsson will be huge but I feel like we can fill that through the organization with Zibanejad.

Those are some pretty huge shoes Zibby has to fill

ReginKarlssonLehner 12-03-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11Alfredsson (Post 56224873)
Those are some pretty huge shoes Zibby has to fill

I should have been more specific in my analysis of the situation I meant to describe. The addition of Silfverberg should be a HUGE improvement over previous guys like Butler, with that being said, we'll still lose an ELITE player in Alfredsson. What I meant is that hopefully Zibanejad can be good enough that he and Silfverberg can soften the lose caused by the absence of Alfredsson's offensive ability and add onto what Butler could do and more.

Basically if both Silfverberg+Zibanejad equal 50 points each, it would cancel out Alfredssons 80 and Butler's 30. Now what I'm hoping is Silfverberg becomes 65-70 and Zibanejad 60 as well. It's like a best case scenario and allows us to role more deeper lines.

If anything, Silfverberg would be the Alfredsson type replacement. They play such similar styles, let's home the offensive upside is at least 3/4ths of Alfies.

simplefan 12-03-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner (Post 56225915)
I should have been more specific in my analysis of the situation I meant to describe. The addition of Silfverberg should be a HUGE improvement over previous guys like Butler, with that being said, we'll still lose an ELITE player in Alfredsson. What I meant is that hopefully Zibanejad can be good enough that he and Silfverberg can soften the lose caused by the absence of Alfredsson's offensive ability and add onto what Butler could do and more.

Basically if both Silfverberg+Zibanejad equal 50 points each, it would cancel out Alfredssons 80 and Butler's 30. Now what I'm hoping is Silfverberg becomes 65-70 and Zibanejad 60 as well. It's like a best case scenario and allows us to role more deeper lines.

If anything, Silfverberg would be the Alfredsson type replacement. They play such similar styles, let's home the offensive upside is at least 3/4ths of Alfies.

Like someone said, it's pretty big shoes to fill
However, Silfverberg is a WINNER. He was SEL best player in both regular season and playoffs. He's not a really fast skater, just like Alfie. But he's an exceptionaly smart player. I believe that if he fills his potential, he might be just as important as Alfie was for us (ok... that might me a stretch)

simplefan 12-03-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11Alfredsson (Post 56224873)
Really? That's what you see in Obrien? He looks more like a Chris Kelly mold to me. Hes extremely smart on the PK and has decent hands. Not as physical as Fisher but he can actually play the east-west type of hockey not just north-south

If I'm not mistaken, he's kinda a mix of the two. I hope everything of Kelly except his stone hands :laugh:

jbeck5 12-04-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplefan (Post 56226457)
If I'm not mistaken, he's kinda a mix of the two. I hope everything of Kelly except his stone hands :laugh:

I see a mix of the two, but with less offensive potential then both. I see him topping out in the low 30 points. I don't see him approaching 40 points like kelly or getting over 50 points like fisher.

White Goodman 12-04-2012 11:18 AM

We looked like the Globetrotters.

Lenny the Lynx 12-04-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakob Silfverberg (Post 56233131)
We looked like the Globetrotters.

Minus the production/winning

simplefan 12-04-2012 02:46 PM

Zibanejad

Do you think if Zibanejad played, he would have made a great impact? Thoughts...

General Granny* 12-04-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplefan (Post 56237589)
Do you think if Zibanejad played, he would have made a great impact? Thoughts...

No but the series should have been over at game 6, too bad the coach decided to screw with a winning lineup and inject Silfverberg in there.