HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Marc Staal to St. Louis (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1300961)

Vladys Gumption 12-03-2012 03:55 PM

Marc Staal to St. Louis

So, seeing as how this lockout sucks and I've been bored, I've been thinking about a good partner for Pietrangelo. And seeing as how I love me some Marc Stall, I was just wondering what Rangers fans would want from the Blues. I'd be willing to offer Shattenkirk + a combination of picks/prospects not named Tarasenko. What do you guys think?

Edited to take Schwartz off the untouchable list

SirPaste 12-03-2012 04:12 PM

Would love to have Staal, but he is gonna cost a lot. I would expect they would ask for something like Perron +

Vladys Gumption 12-03-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirPaste (Post 56215359)
Would love to have Staal, but he is gonna cost a lot. I would expect they would ask for something like Perron +

Yea i was thinking so too, it can't hurt to ask eh? I thought I had heard somewhere the Rangers were looking for a RHD upgrade too. Could be just me though.

Kane One 12-03-2012 04:25 PM

So you want our #1 defenseman (before the concussion), but forgetting about Pietrangelo here, you don't want to give up Schwartz? Why would we want Shattenkirk, who is also a defenseman?

If we give up Staal, I want something we need, such as a center.

Vladys Gumption 12-03-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaneone (Post 56215675)
So you want our #1 defenseman (before the concussion), but forgetting about Pietrangelo here, you don't want to give up Schwartz? Why would we want Shattenkirk, who is also a defenseman?

If we give up Staal, I want something we need, such as a center.

You don't have to get all defensive man. I put it as a value of for a reason. I was really wanting to get some replies as to what it would take. I put Shattenkirk in because I thought I remembered some Rangers fans along the way saying they would like a RHD upgrade. And I should have put Schwartz in the category of it would be hard to trade.

Alklha 12-03-2012 04:39 PM

I think the time has passed where it was a possibility that the Rangers moved Staal. With Erixon now gone and how Staal performed in the playoffs, they aren't going to move him unless they get an insane offer.

I'd offer Stewart and Polák, but that isn't going to do it.

Kane One 12-03-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 (Post 56215745)
You don't have to get all defensive man. I put it as a value of for a reason. I was really wanting to get some replies as to what it would take. I put Shattenkirk in because I thought I remembered some Rangers fans along the way saying they would like a RHD upgrade. And I should have put Schwartz in the category of it would be hard to trade.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like a dick.

But as with Schwartz, it would be hard for us to trade Staal. If you want us to give up someone who's hard to trade, I'd also like someone in return who's hard for you to trade.

Vladys Gumption 12-03-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaneone (Post 56216135)
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like a dick.

But as with Schwartz, it would be hard for us to trade Staal. If you want us to give up someone who's hard to trade, I'd also like someone in return who's hard for you to trade.

Completely understand. For the record Shattenkirk is hard for me to trade. Just for giggles, what would you be looking for?

Kane One 12-03-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 (Post 56216323)
Completely understand. For the record Shattenkirk is hard for me to trade. Just for giggles, what would you be looking for?

Staal+ for Shattenkirk and Schwartz?

trublu16 12-03-2012 05:10 PM

This proposal has been done before, and you will get the same answer as last time. They will want more than the Blues will be willing to part with and it will create too many holes. If Staal wants out of NY, then we can revisit this proposal. But until he wants out, NY will want too dam much for Staal. So this will turn into a pissing match between the two fan bases about value. But in the end, there will not be an agreement on a trade for Staal to St. Louis.

Vladys Gumption 12-03-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaneone (Post 56216483)
Staal+ for Shattenkirk and Schwartz?

That would be hard to say yes to, but hard to say no to at the same time. I'm extremely hesitant to give up both, but I know ya gotta give to get.

bluemandan 12-03-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 (Post 56216677)
That would be hard to say yes to, but hard to say no to at the same time. I'm extremely hesitant to give up both, but I know ya gotta give to get.

Way too much for the Blues to give up.

I too love me some Marc Staal, and he is on my short list of ideal partners for Pietrangelo.

But Shattenkirk AND Schwartz is overpayment.

3rdlineglory 12-03-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alklha (Post 56215937)
I think the time has passed where it was a possibility that the Rangers moved Staal. With Erixon now gone and how Staal performed in the playoffs, they aren't going to move him unless they get an insane offer.

I'd offer Stewart and Polák, but that isn't going to do it.

Exactly, it would have made sense to do a Staal for Shattenkirk+ after missing out on Schultz and prior to the Nash trade.

This would actually be a nice d-corps with everyone playing on their correct side:

Mcdonagh-Girardi
Del Zotto-Shattenkirk
Erixon-Sauer(if healthy of course)
Stralman

Vladys Gumption 12-03-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluemandan (Post 56216839)
Way too much for the Blues to give up.

I too love me some Marc Staal, and he is on my short list of ideal partners for Pietrangelo.

But Shattenkirk AND Schwartz is overpayment.

I didn't say I would do it. I'd think about it, and then say no. Maybe I'm higher on Staal then some other people though.

iamitter 12-03-2012 06:08 PM

Maybe Shattenkirk+Rattie?

Vladys Gumption 12-03-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamitter (Post 56217907)

Done and Done. I'll even drive them to the airport.

Mike Liut 12-03-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

I'd even throw in Stewart for the salary dump. Maybe ask for a 2nd rounder in return

ExJbeck 12-03-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

I would not do this and I would hope Doug Armstrong would not give it any consideration.

Jaromir Jagrbombs 12-03-2012 07:05 PM

Oh lawd a Pietro/Staal pairing would be absolutely insane.

Vladys Gumption 12-03-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AP27Blues (Post 56219277)
I would not do this and I would hope Doug Armstrong would not give it any consideration.

That's a very fair deal to the Blues. Sure Rattie could become a good player, but we get the best player in the deal by a mile. Generally speaking the team that gets the best player gets the better deal.

Novacain 12-03-2012 07:15 PM

I'd trade Schwartz before I'd trade Rattie, which is probably weird, but just a gut feeling.

BlueDream 12-03-2012 07:15 PM

Trading Shattenkirk would make no sense. You don't fill the hole on the left side by creating a hole on the right...

No to that proposal. Terrible idea.

JeffMangum 12-03-2012 07:18 PM

Staal for Steen and Polak.

Only move that would make it worthwhile for the Rangers. Even then, it would hurt the D, and I don't want to dismantle the D - it's the Rangers biggest key to success.

Alklha 12-03-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 (Post 56219493)
That's a very fair deal to the Blues. Sure Rattie could become a good player, but we get the best player in the deal by a mile. Generally speaking the team that gets the best player gets the better deal.

Getting the better player doesn't always make the team better. There is no doubt that Staal is better than Shattenkirk, but if Shattenkirk was moved for Staal our need for a 2nd pairing puck-moving RHD would instantly become much more significant than our need for a partner for Pietrangelo ever was.

Novacain 12-03-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenith (Post 56219759)
Staal for Steen and Polak.

Only move that would make it worthwhile for the Rangers. Even then, it would hurt the D, and I don't want to dismantle the D - it's the Rangers biggest key to success.

As a Blues fan, I'm going no here. But Steen is very very hard for me to trade. Trading him AND Roman? Can't do it. It's not an unfair proposal, but just not something I'd do.

Course I'm refalling in love with a Schwartz for Gormely swap, so I'm biased against most other trades that adress our defense that isn't that