HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Jaimen Yakubowski named WHL Player of the Week (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1301127)

HF Article 12-03-2012 11:25 PM

Jaimen Yakubowski named WHL Player of the Week
 
CALGARY, AB. – The Western Hockey League announced today that Lethbridge Hurricanes’ forward Jaimen Yakubowski is the Denny’s WHL Player of the Week. Yakubowski collected eight points, scoring five goals and three assists to go with a +2 rating, in four games over the past week.



On Tuesday, November 27, the Hurricanes were in Saskatoon to face the Blades.  Yakubowski scored one goal, one assist and was named the game’s 2nd Star in the ‘Canes 5-3 loss to the Blades.  The next night, Wednesday, November 28, the Prince Albert Raiders welcomed the Hurricanes to the Art Hauser Centre.  Yakubowski gathered two goals, two assists and was named the game’s 1st Star in the Hurricanes 6-4 victory over the Raiders.  Following a 2-1 shoot-out loss on Saturday, December 1 in Medicine Hat, the ‘Canes were in Edmonton on Sunday, December 2, to take on the WHL defending Champion Oil Kings.… read more



More...

BudMovin* 12-03-2012 11:44 PM

Anyone else read that as Jeremy Yablonski?

JSC 12-04-2012 12:12 AM

Yakupov and Jankowski fusion. Surprised he hasn't won Player of the Year yet.

tv14 12-07-2012 08:34 PM

Yakubowski continues to tear it up, 2 more goals in the 1st period tonight.

WasTeD 12-07-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSC (Post 56228197)
Yakupov and Jankowski fusion. Surprised he hasn't won Player of the Year yet.

I lol'd

tv14 12-07-2012 09:32 PM

Make that 4 goals tonight, after 2 periods.

tv14 12-07-2012 10:13 PM

5 goals on the night! Could get the player of the week back-to-back!

Karitimes 12-08-2012 01:05 AM

Never watched him before, but I was surfing thru some WHL box scores and thought that was sick. I knew I saw his name somewhere recently... WHL player of the week of course. Must be on some kind of tear. Good for him, must have been fun to watch!

tv14 12-08-2012 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karitimes (Post 56361665)
Never watched him before, but I was surfing thru some WHL box scores and thought that was sick. I knew I saw his name somewhere recently... WHL player of the week of course. Must be on some kind of tear. Good for him, must have been fun to watch!

Ya. I think he is at something like 11 goals and 6 assists in his last 10 games.

Karitimes 12-08-2012 01:31 AM

I noticed he's around PPG player, would you say he has pro potential? what would you say he need to work on to get there?

PS - I used to go to Canes games when Seabrook and Versteeg were around. I sure miss the mini sugar donuts and the soft serve at the Enmax Centre, LOL!

tv14 12-08-2012 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karitimes (Post 56361889)
I noticed he's around PPG player, would you say he has pro potential? what would you say he need to work on to get there?

PS - I used to go to Canes games when Seabrook and Versteeg were around. I sure miss the mini sugar donuts and the soft serve at the Enmax Centre, LOL!

The good ole days! :laugh:

Funny thing is he is leading the league in PIMs! I didn't even know this until looking it up tonight and he is only 5'10. He is not amazingly skilled but works really, really hard and much like the rest of the team is a great skater. So he does have those things going for him. I think his draft year is this year, so we shall see if scouts think he has a chance.

Ohashi_Jouzu 12-08-2012 02:48 AM

The other fun part about watching Lethbridge is seeing the 17 year old Tower of Blomqvist stick out 5 or 6 inches above everyone else on the forward end of the bench, lol.

Karitimes 12-08-2012 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tv14 (Post 56362951)
The good ole days! :laugh:

Funny thing is he is leading the league in PIMs! I didn't even know this until looking it up tonight and he is only 5'10. He is not amazingly skilled but works really, really hard and much like the rest of the team is a great skater. So he does have those things going for him. I think his draft year is this year, so we shall see if scouts think he has a chance.

Thanks for the firsthand info.

5'10 200 isn't miniature, I'd call that a solid build for an 18 yr old. He might still stretch a few inches. If he's a good skater and obviously likes to get into 'it', he might get some looks. At any rate he's definitely got a good leg up on back-to-back player of the weeks.

tv14 12-10-2012 02:49 PM

Named WHL player of the week for a 2nd week in a row. 6 goals, 3 assists for 9 points in 3 games.

Karitimes 12-10-2012 11:32 PM

Nice. Like this, let's see if he's got a 3rd week in him.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.