HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Tor-Det Blockbuster (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1301157)

Hockey 4 Life 12-04-2012 12:23 AM

Tor-Det Blockbuster

Just wanted to see if this trade works for both sides.

To

Det
Phaneuf
Grabo
macarthur
1st 2014

Toronto
zetterberg
helm
Cap dump

Detroit gets a number 1 dman as well as a very good 2c, and a top 6 winger, and a 1st. Toronto could put zetterberg on a line with lupul and kessel and helm would be an ideal 3c. I think this deal gives each team what they need. What do all of you think

Wingsfan2965* 12-04-2012 12:30 AM

Somebody make it stop, please.

sully1410 12-04-2012 12:32 AM

I think it has now become a rule that when you see Blockbuster in the title...its going to be bad.

And it is.

The Zetterberg Era 12-04-2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life (Post 56228383)
Just wanted to see if this trade works for both sides.

To

Det
Phaneuf
Grabo
macarthur
1st 2014

Toronto
zetterberg
helm
Cap dump

Detroit gets a number 1 dman as well as a very good 2c, and a top 6 winger, and a 1st. Toronto could put zetterberg on a line with lupul and kessel and helm would be an ideal 3c. I think this deal gives each team what they need. What do all of you think

Wings say no to this rather easily. By giving each team what it needs, take a look at what you just did to the Wings center depth....

rock45 12-04-2012 12:33 AM

Dude your nuts if you think Detroit would even do that for Zetterberg alone , Henriks, arguably a top 15 player in the league, and you'd need to overpay for him. Which pretty much makes Zettterberg going to Toronto impossible.

The Zetterberg Era 12-04-2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1410 (Post 56228515)
I think it has now become a rule that when you see Blockbuster in the title...its going to be bad.

And it is.

I am curious when was the last time two team captains were traded for each other? Because Zetterberg really is the Captain in Detroit now they will announce that as soon as the lockout lifts.

Hockey 4 Life 12-04-2012 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWings19405 (Post 56228519)
Wings say no to this rather easily. By giving each team what it needs, take a look at what you just did to the Wings center depth....

wings depth would be datsyuk,grabovski,fillpula dont see how thats bad, sure fillpula isnt an ideal 3c but dont be over dramatic.

The Zetterberg Era 12-04-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life (Post 56228623)
wings depth would be datsyuk,grabovski,fillpula dont see how thats bad, sure fillpula isnt an ideal 3c but dont be over dramatic.

Sorry that is a big downgrade and while a couple Detroit fans want Filppula back at #3C he is a much more impactful winger. Not too mention I don't think Filppula wants the downgrade in icetime and I am more inclined to list him as the two center even while looking at the three.

Zetterberg isn't in decline and was one of the best forwards in the entire NHL over the backhalf of last year. He is the captain in waiting and very important to the dressing room. You're on to something if you want just Zetterberg, but you also aren't going to protect a draft pick in the deepest draft. Detroit doesn't want to move Zetterberg, they also don't want to move Helm. You're after two very tough targets as far as getting them to the table and there is nothing to really make it happen on the Leafs roster.

Datsyuk is probably more available than Zetterberg for you to consider what you are targeting here.

Hockey 4 Life 12-04-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rock45 (Post 56228533)
Dude your nuts if you think Detroit would even do that for Zetterberg alone , Henriks, arguably a top 15 player in the league, and you'd need to overpay for him. Which pretty much makes Zettterberg going to Toronto impossible.

Ok well lets break it down then just for zetterberg not including helm then. The leafs trade a top 15-20 dman, a 50 point two way center, a 20g 20a winger and a 1st in 2014 for an elite two way 65-80 point winger or center. I think the value going to detroit would be more then enough for zetterberg on his own. Adding helm might have been a stretch but zetterberg alone might not be enough going the other way.

The Zetterberg Era 12-04-2012 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life (Post 56228747)
Ok well lets break it down then just for zetterberg not including helm then. The leafs trade a top 15-20 dman, a 50 point two way center, a 20g 20a winger and a 1st in 2014 for an elite two way 65-80 point winger or center. I think the value going to detroit would be more then enough for zetterberg on his own. Adding helm might have been a stretch but zetterberg alone might not be enough going the other way.

MacArthur would probably drop out, but I think the Wings would demand the 2013 pick to even consider this

There is a ton of salary attempting to be shipped too which makes this deal very unrealistic.

Keep in mind Z's cap hit is a very nice 6 million. Phaneuf has a higher cap hit.

Detroit management was unhappy when Grabo got his deal because they think it harmed Filppula's negotiations and the Leafs overpayed. At least that was hinted at in the Detroit papers which also tells you they aren't completely enamored with him.

Hockey 4 Life 12-04-2012 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWings19405 (Post 56228735)
Sorry that is a big downgrade and while a couple Detroit fans want Filppula back at #3C he is a much more impactful winger. Not too mention I don't think Filppula wants the downgrade in icetime and I am more inclined to list him as the two center even while looking at the three.

Zetterberg isn't in decline and was one of the best forwards in the entire NHL over the backhalf of last year. He is the captain in waiting and very important to the dressing room. You're on to something if you want just Zetterberg, but you also aren't going to protect a draft pick in the deepest draft. Detroit doesn't want to move Zetterberg, they also don't want to move Helm. You're after two very tough targets as far as getting them to the table and there is nothing to really make it happen on the Leafs roster.

Datsyuk is probably more available than Zetterberg for you to consider what you are targeting here.

I know adding helm in a deal for zetterberg would be a very tough sell, what about this

To Det
Phaneuf
Grabo
Macarthur
2nd 2013
cond 2nd 2014 if macarthur doesnt resign

Tor
zetterberg

Dioned 12-04-2012 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life (Post 56228811)
I know adding helm in a deal for zetterberg would be a very tough sell, what about this

To Det
Phaneuf
Grabo
Macarthur
2nd 2013

Tor
zetterberg

Stop. Just... Stop. Please.

wingz rule 12-04-2012 12:54 AM

Value seems close imo. I wouldn't take the deal though because i don't think highly of Phaneuf's defenseive game at all, Grabovski's a tad overpaid, and tbh with the depth we have at forward, I don't really think we need to strengthen it at the cost of our top end skill.

Hockey 4 Life 12-04-2012 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dioned (Post 56228879)
Stop. Just... Stop. Please.

I think your the one that needs to stop the value is there, wether either team does it or not is another question.

pdd 12-04-2012 12:58 AM

I have a better one.

Phaneuf
Kulemin

for

Filppula
Quincey
2013 2nd

Hockey 4 Life 12-04-2012 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingz rule (Post 56228883)
Value seems close imo. I wouldn't take the deal though because i don't think highly of Phaneuf's defenseive game at all, Grabovski's a tad overpaid, and tbh with the depth we have at forward, I don't really think we need to strengthen it at the cost of our top end skill.

Thats fair, I think phaneufs game would climb to another level in detroit with their system but your reasoning is sound thanks for the response.

The Zetterberg Era 12-04-2012 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life (Post 56228811)

To Det
Phaneuf
Grabo
Macarthur
2nd 2013

Tor
zetterberg

In a world without a cap? I don't think the Wings have interest in MacArthur. They would come after Kulemin if they are going that route.

Hockey 4 Life 12-04-2012 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eva unit zero (Post 56228941)
I have a better one.

Phaneuf
Kulemin

for

Filppula
Quincey
2013 2nd

Your deal and mine in the OP are not even comparable, itès nice to see though that the amount of posts from a user on this site isnt an indication of how much hockey knowledege they have.

Hockey 4 Life 12-04-2012 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWings19405 (Post 56228981)
In a world without a cap? I don't think the Wings have interest in MacArthur. They would come after Kulemin if they are going that route.

ok so as a wings fan what would you be looking for, because that was one of my reasons for doing this thread, to get input from wings fans.

CanucksCupHopes* 12-04-2012 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eva unit zero (Post 56228941)
I have a better one.

Phaneuf
Kulemin

for

Filppula
Quincey
2013 2nd

Are you high?

Hockey 4 Life 12-04-2012 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanucksCupHopes (Post 56229071)
Are you high?

lol thank you

wingz rule 12-04-2012 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWings19405 (Post 56228981)

Sure we would take a lot of cap, but it's not like he's giving cap dumps. Think about it Phaneuf would be our second best defensemen, Grabo's a good 2nd line forward and MacArthur is a decent 2/3 liner. I know these players are offered up a lot and the trade might not exactly fill our needs, but the value's close.

MastuhNinks 12-04-2012 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingz rule (Post 56229139)
Sure we would take a lot of cap, but it's not like he's giving cap dumps. Think about it Phaneuf would be our second best defensemen, Grabo's a good 2nd line forward and MacArthur is a decent 2/3 liner. I know these players are offered up a lot and the trade might not exactly fill our needs, but the value's close.

Phaneuf would be your best defensemen.

Neither team does this. Even for a player like Zetterberg, I doubt the Leafs would trade Phaneuf. He leaves too big of a hole on the Leafs roster, I'm not saying Phaneuf is the better player, but I'd rather just roll with Bozak-Grabo with a top pairing of Gunnar-Phaneuf than Zetterberg-Bozak with a top pairing of Gunnar-... Um, Franson? Komisarek? It would not be pretty...

The Red Line 12-04-2012 01:31 AM

This is a laughably bad trade proposal. One of the worst I've seen in some time, which is saying a lot.

Toronto doesn't have a single player or even a combination of players that would even begin to interest Detroit in moving Z.

wingz rule 12-04-2012 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MastuhNinks (Post 56229243)
Phaneuf would be your best defensemen.

Debatable, I give the edge to him on offense, however i think Kronwall's better defensively. Gunnarsson covered Phaneuf a lot last season.