HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   International Tournaments (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   WJC: Roster Talk '13 — Switzerland (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1301203)

Systemfel 12-04-2012 07:20 AM

Roster Talk '13 — Switzerland
 
Switzerland Sked
DateYEKTCETESTMatchup
Dec. 2718:0013:007:00 AMSwitzerland vs. Latvia
Dec. 2818:0013:007:00 AMSweden vs. Switzerland
Dec. 3013:3008:302:30 AMFinland vs. Switzerland
Dec. 3113:3008:302:30 AMSwitzerland vs. Czech Republic

Preliminary roster: http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.p...672&year0=2013

Possible returnees from 2012
F Reto Amstutz
F Sven Andrighetto
F Alessio Bertaggia
F Christoph Bertschy
F Lino Martschini
F Tanner Richard
F Dario Simion
D Phil Baltisberger
D Cédric Hächler
D Dean Kukan
D Christian Marti
G Luca Boltshauser

#57 12-04-2012 10:20 AM

Christian Marti has been very good this year for the Armada, I'm not sure how your defense stacks up but I guess he should be a top-pairing guy for the Swiss. He's a complete D, hits real hard and has very good hockey sense.

MB94 12-04-2012 11:48 AM

Is Baertschi eligible this year?

Also are they any big name players on this years team that are likely to get drafted this year?

tourlord* 12-04-2012 11:51 AM

Really enjoyed Bertschys game last year. Enjoyed watching the energy he brought to each game. Last year he was all over the ice and went hard every shift. Was fun to watch.

Rolen 12-04-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MB Stars (Post 56233739)
Is Baertschi eligible this year?

Also are they any big name players on this years team that are likely to get drafted this year?

Baertschi is 20 so he is not eligible this year.

StormSurge9 12-04-2012 11:59 AM

Tanner Richard has been great for the Guelph Storm this season. I take it he will be playing a major role on this team?

tourlord* 12-04-2012 12:01 PM

Martschini, Berschy, Richard should all play major roles. The Swiss always scare me in the World Juniors.

StormSurge9 12-04-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MB Stars (Post 56233739)
Is Baertschi eligible this year?

Also are they any big name players on this years team that are likely to get drafted this year?

Not a big name, but I could see Mirco Müller garnering some attention come draft time.

SuperUnknown 12-04-2012 12:13 PM

Is Tim Bozon going to play for Switzerland?

ficohok* 12-04-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperUnknown (Post 56234231)
Is Tim Bozon going to play for Switzerland?

He is playing for France, he is french.

MB94 12-04-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CroHabitant (Post 56234873)
He is playing for France, he is french.

Everywhere i've looked it says he's born in Lugano, SUI

SuperUnknown 12-04-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CroHabitant (Post 56234873)
He is playing for France, he is french.

He has both nationalities but for IIHF he may be stuck with France, I'm not sure.

ficohok* 12-04-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperUnknown (Post 56235705)
He has both nationalities but for IIHF he may be stuck with France, I'm not sure.

He already played for France for their U18 team at IIHF event.

@MB Stars - He is born in St.Louis, while his father played there.

TheNeutrality 12-04-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MB Stars (Post 56233739)
Is Baertschi eligible this year?

Also are they any big name players on this years team that are likely to get drafted this year?

I would take a closer look at Phil Baltisberger. Was 15 when he first played against pros and had his first WJC at this age as well.

HF even made an article about him.

But his draft year will be 2014. I guess he'll be picked within the first three rounds.

bluesfan94 12-04-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CroHabitant (Post 56236263)
He already played for France for their U18 team at IIHF event.

@MB Stars - He is born in St.Louis, while his father played there.

Ah that means I can claim him!

stv11 12-05-2012 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperUnknown (Post 56235705)
He has both nationalities but for IIHF he may be stuck with France, I'm not sure.

Bozon is born in St. Louis from French parents, he holds both French and American citizenship, but he's not Swiss.

Regarding his hockey career, he first played in Germany when his father was playing for Mannheim, then went to Lugano, Geneva and back to Lugano, following his father playing and coaching career.

Huffman 12-05-2012 04:30 AM

I am not too familiar with all the names on this team but with all returnee's you guys should be really good. Both Sweden and especially Russia were lucky to get wins against the Swiss last year.

jonas2244 12-05-2012 09:21 AM

It's a solid team with no high-end talent. Goaltending could be a problem, I don't think that Boltshauser is that good. The team should at least be enough good to avoid relegation. And who knows, CZE or FIN shouldn't take their games vs. Swi too easy.

goodoldhockeygame 12-06-2012 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonas2244 (Post 56257637)
It's a solid team with no high-end talent. Goaltending could be a problem, I don't think that Boltshauser is that good. The team should at least be enough good to avoid relegation. And who knows, CZE or FIN shouldn't take their games vs. Swi too easy.

Yess, the swiss team looks pretty solid, and i agree that goaltending probably wont be as good as the last few years.

The Cze and the finns will have a great team, both with the best since years, so i wont count any points in , in this games.....

Even though never say never, the swiss were able to surprise in single games in the past few years, but for sure they wont compete on for medalrounds, semifinal etc.
If everything goes right, Quarterfinal exit my guess.

tourlord* 12-06-2012 11:29 AM

The Czech might have a good roster but the Swiss are going to surprise this year watch.

wings5 12-06-2012 02:36 PM

Some of these players should feature on the team and be key.

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php.../ss_id/170547/

jonas2244 12-06-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lassse34 (Post 56291247)
Even though never say never, the swiss were able to surprise in single games in the past few years, but for sure they wont compete on for medalrounds, semifinal etc.
If everything goes right, Quarterfinal exit my guess.

Switzerland would have to beat at least one of CZE, FIN or SWE to go to the Quarters. If they just beat LAT it'll be relegation round, which is the probable way, but as I said, it's a solid team which could surprise. Avoiding relegation is the main goal and whith this team this sould be possible.

Head coach of the team is Sean Simpson who is also leading the Swiss senior team.

wings5 12-06-2012 02:49 PM

Also, Nyfeller played better in the world jr.a challenge than Boltshauser so may give him an edge. Zangger, Bertchy, Leone, Fazzini and Sieber were top 5 on team in scoring. Players of the game for the team in all games were, Zangger in 2 games, Boltshauser in 1, Nyfeller in 1, and Fazzini in one.

Pajicz 12-06-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonas2244 (Post 56302621)
Switzerland would have to beat at least one of CZE, FIN or SWE to go to the Quarters. If they just beat LAT it'll be relegation round, which is the probable way, but as I said, it's a solid team which could surprise. Avoiding relegation is the main goal and whith this team this sould be possible.

Head coach of the team is Sean Simpson who is also leading the Swiss senior team.

Agreed, wouldn't be too surprised if they would beat one of those teams ranked above them. The Swiss won't be a walk in the park for anyone, not even for the Swedes.

MB94 12-06-2012 03:27 PM

Boltshauser seems to have good numbers, don't see how he won't be the number one. Melvin Nyffeler is only 5'8 too ..


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.