HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Wrestling (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=240)
-   -   WWE: Punk to undergo emergency knee surgery. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1301281)

Bad Natey 12-04-2012 01:20 PM

Punk to undergo emergency knee surgery.

As per WWE Facebook. Updates to come.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2012-12...k-knee-surgery

kayfabe or real??

PolishBingo 12-04-2012 01:22 PM

Tough break as I am sure he was going to hold the title until Wrestlemania. Who steps up Ziggler?

Miester 12-04-2012 01:26 PM

I remember reading somewhere that his knee had been bugging him. That match against last week maybe? against Kane was it? i cant remember but he looked like his he tweaked something and his knee was bugging him a bit.

EDIT:

literally like 5 seconds in

ColePens 12-04-2012 01:32 PM

He had the night off a couple days ago. This could be bad. I hope it's just something simple, but man that would REALLY suck while he hits 380 today. Shame... it'd be such a shame.

Then they are going to put him in a TLC match at the PPV? I don't know about that. Let the tag-teams take that match.

RJ8812* 12-04-2012 01:36 PM

can't be too serious if he was getting it less than two weeks before he's scheduled to defend it at TLC. If it was serious, Cena would have won it off of him (or even worse, Ryback) so he could get the surgery and rehab it

Axman 12-04-2012 01:39 PM

Wow. If this isn't a work, that's tough. If he can't mess with the Rock @ the Rumble, does that make it Punk / Rock at Wrestlemania?

Miester 12-04-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ8812 (Post 56237339)
can't be too serious if he was getting it less than two weeks before he's scheduled to defend it at TLC. If it was serious, Cena would have won it off of him (or even worse, Ryback) so he could get the surgery and rehab it

possibly but it looks like it coulda happened last week (after the triple thread). Maybe they waited a week to see if it was just something minor and then realized that it was serious and necessary? Idk. It could be bad though

Shoalzie 12-04-2012 01:50 PM

Two weeks until the PPV...that would be pushing it to get him back in and compete in what will be a tough match with Ryback.

El Dandy* 12-04-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ8812 (Post 56237339)

Hence the word "emergency"

If this is anything of significance, this is bad news for Punk, The Rock, Royal Rumble, The Shield... just bad bad bad. What will WWE do if it is 2+ months? Do you bring Brock in to be WWE Champion and do Brock/Rock at the Rumble? Do you put it on Cena and do Cena/Rock at the Rumble? Do you put it on Ryback (makes no sense if he only is to drop it to Rocky)? Put it on Bryan so he can drop it to Rock?

Hopefully it is not that big of a deal and more along the lines of an arthroscopic procedure.

BigFatCat999 12-04-2012 02:51 PM

Or it could be a blood clot and they had to fish out the clot.

Pure speculation at this point.

OmniSens 12-04-2012 02:54 PM

Tough break for Punk

iamjs 12-04-2012 02:56 PM

lol at the comments section in the WWE article.

http://www.jasonrivera.com/images/ar...tomedamnit.jpg

M.C.G. 31 12-04-2012 03:02 PM

If its serious...uh oh. His reign has been historic, hope its not TOO serious.

What happens now? WHC MITB turns into normal MITB for any championship? Title goes to ryback? Somehow get the title on cena and do cena/rock at the rumble?

Xenophobia Catalyst 12-04-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamjs (Post 56239449)
lol at the comments section in the WWE article.

Some of those are just amazing. :laugh:

M.C.G. 31 12-04-2012 03:05 PM

WWE says that Dr. James Andrews scoped C.M. Punk's knee and "successfully trimmed a cartilage tear" that locked up Punk's knee. WWE has not given an estimate of Punk's recovery time.

BigFatCat999 12-04-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince McMahon (Post 56239641)
WWE says that Dr. James Andrews scoped C.M. Punk's knee and "successfully trimmed a cartilage tear" that locked up Punk's knee. WWE has not given an estimate of Punk's recovery time.

That's not too bad.

Morozov 12-04-2012 03:12 PM

Punk comes out to defend his title clearly not 100 percent from this so The Shield steps in to put a stop to this injustice, simple. Then you've got a month for Punk to limp around playing up the injury trying to get out of his next defense while they figure out when he can go.

And since it's going to be a dirty finish, let the WHC main event for once.

Sorted.

ColePens 12-04-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morozov (Post 56239791)
Punk comes out to defend his title clearly not 100 percent from this so The Shield steps in to put a stop to this injustice, simple. Then you've got a month for Punk to limp around playing up the injury trying to get out of his next defense while they figure out when he can go.

And since it's going to be a dirty finish, let the WHC main event for once.

Sorted.

I just don't want to see him take a huge spot, and TLC is all about the huge spots. I don't see Ryback doing it.

M.C.G. 31 12-04-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColePens (Post 56240123)
I just don't want to see him take a huge spot, and TLC is all about the huge spots. I don't see Ryback doing it.

I think if Punk can't work TLC (as in taking big bumps) it's just going to be a cluster**** of a match with run ins from The Shield, Brad Maddox, Team Hell No, Randy Orton, etc. and they'll take the bumps. I think Ryback would take a bump or two through a table and I could see Punk taking a small one through a table or something, but I think if Punk can't work and they really want Punk/Rock at the Rumble (and let's say they get word he will be healthy in time for that match), I can see them going that route with a ridiculous amount of run-ins and the PPV main event being more of an angle than a match.

Hopefully Punk can work the match and do some things at least, otherwise it's going to be a mess.

Morozov 12-04-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColePens (Post 56240123)

One of The Shield can take a big spot.

It's about making the best out of a bad situation at this point.

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...80160652_n.jpg

End of Line 12-04-2012 03:31 PM

Talk about putting a damper on things.

parabola 12-04-2012 03:45 PM

**** like this happens. That's why his title reign is even more remarkable.

M.C.G. 31 12-04-2012 03:46 PM

In addition, PW.net reports that Punk will be healthy enough to work the Royal Rumble and will still likely face the Rock, though he is "questionable at best" for TLC in two weeks.

AlanHUK 12-04-2012 05:16 PM

Ryback - Heyman happens next week, despite Punk not failing the lie detector.

At TLC Lesnar attacks Ryback so Punk can retain, giving him ample time to recover before the rumble.

It brings Lesnar back into the fray just before the Rumble, which will lead to him appearing more on the road to Wrestlemania.

M.C.G. 31 12-04-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanHUK (Post 56243139)
Ryback - Heyman happens next week, despite Punk not failing the lie detector.

At TLC Lesnar attacks Ryback so Punk can retain, giving him ample time to recover before the rumble.

It brings Lesnar back into the fray just before the Rumble, which will lead to him appearing more on the road to Wrestlemania.

Lesnar only has a certain amount of dates which are specifically being saved for the road to WrestleMania. Bringing him in against Ryback at TLC uses a date and puts him in a program that WWE apparently has no intention of doing right now.