HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Van-Ana (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1301453)

Ronaldo 12-04-2012 08:23 PM

Van-Ana

To :ducks

Alex Edler
Mason Raymond
1 st round pick

To :nucks

Corey Perry
Andrew Cogliano

It's quite evident Vancouver has been searching for a player of Perry's caliber to play with Kesler for a while now. Yes Vancouver gives a lot in Edler but keep in mind he's a UFA at seasons end, before anyone says well if that's the case Anaheim get's shafted Perry is also a UFA come July 1. This trade obviously only happens if there is hockey this year. Anaheim adds a key defender they can hopefully sign long term to anchor the blue line with Cam Fowler for years to come. Anaheim also gets a 1 st round pick due to Perry's value being slightly higher than Perry's at this point. The Cogliano for Raymond swap is beneficial to both teams. Just a quick proposal I though of, hit me up with your thoughts. Thanks!

CREW99AW 12-04-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Canuck (Post 56246343)

Alex Edler
Mason Raymond
1 st round pick

Corey Perry
Andrew Cogliano

It's quite evident Vancouver has been searching for a player of Perry's caliber to play with Kesler for a while now. Yes Vancouver gives a lot in Edler but keep in mind he's a UFA at seasons end, before anyone says well if that's the case Anaheim get's shafted Perry is also a UFA come July 1. This trade obviously only happens if there is hockey this year. Anaheim adds a key defender they can hopefully sign long term to anchor the blue line with Cam Fowler for years to come. Anaheim also gets a 1 st round pick due to Perry's value being slightly higher than Perry's at this point. The Cogliano for Raymond swap is beneficial to both teams. Just a quick proposal I though of, hit me up with your thoughts. Thanks!

From what Duck fans have been posting, it sounds like the low key Perry loves it with Anaheim and is a good bet to sign an extension.

If I'm Anaheim, I take my chances with my homegrown star.

Vankiller Whale 12-04-2012 08:26 PM

This only really makes sense if neither Edler nor Perry want to re-sign with their respective teams but are open to a change of scenery. Seems like a bit of a long shot, imo.

DuckJet 12-04-2012 08:28 PM

I keep seeing these proposals and forgetting Perry is a UFA. I guess if Perry absolutely didn't want to come back, I'd do this.

81 12-04-2012 08:28 PM

Edler and Perry are both UFAs so lets cancel them out, so you got Cogliano for Raymond and a first, Anaheim takes that and runs. But, I believe Perry holds more value than Edler, altogether the trade has decent value but I don't think the Ducks take it.

CREW99AW 12-04-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckJet (Post 56246497)
I keep seeing these proposals and forgetting Perry is a UFA. I guess if Perry absolutely didn't want to come back, I'd do this.

There's always the chance the new cba pushes the ufa age back 1-2 yrs. That'd make both Edler and Perry rfas next summer.

If that's the case, would you be in favor of this proposal ?

y2kcanucks 12-04-2012 08:37 PM

I would make the 1st conditional (either on Perry re-signing in Vancouver, or Edler not re-signing in Anaheim), but I 'd do it.

Luck 6 12-04-2012 08:39 PM

The problem with this deal is both teams fans will value their own star more as they feel they will be able to re-sign them, whereas the other teams star is an unknown. I'm confident we re-sign Edler, should be simple. Perry though? No clue, so I wouldn't do it.

Gliff 12-04-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luck 6 (Post 56246811)
The problem with this deal is both teams fans will value their own star more as they feel they will be able to re-sign them, whereas the other teams star is an unknown. I'm confident we re-sign Edler, should be simple. Perry though? No clue, so I wouldn't do it.

Except the fact that a signed Perry>>>a signed Edler.

thadd 12-04-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Canuck (Post 56246343)

Alex Edler
Mason Raymond
1 st round pick

Corey Perry
Andrew Cogliano

Leaves the Ducks way too thin up front and it only makes sense for them to pull the trigger on this deal if they feel they won't be able to resign Perry.

As for Vancouver, this deal works well for them if they can get a top 4 d-man and a decent back-up goalie for Luongo in the near future.

Bourne Endeavor 12-04-2012 09:13 PM

Fairly decent value but as others have said. It hinges on at least Anaheim feeling they have no shot at re-signing Perry. I'd also be somewhat wary Perry walks on us.

Exit Dose 12-04-2012 10:01 PM

We don't need a defenseman to anchor the blue line with Fowler.

StringerBell 12-04-2012 11:22 PM

Why would Anaheim want an upcoming UFA for Perry? If they can't sign Perry what makes you think they could sign Edler? Coming from a Canucks fan, I think if Perry gets moved it won't be for someone who can walk in a couple months time.

Luck 6 12-05-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gliff (Post 56247219)
Except the fact that a signed Perry>>>a signed Edler.

Doesn't change my point at all. If Canuck fans feel they can sign Edler with ease and that Perry is a total gamble, Edler is worth more to them. It would be the same vice versa, only moreso.

Socratic Method Man 12-05-2012 03:02 AM

This doesn't make sense logically. Teams almost always try to re-sign their elite, homegrown talent when they are UFAs. And if the home-team couldn't do that, what are the chances another team could? Not very good, statistically.

It's pretty good value, but I just couldn't see something like this happening.

KEEROLE Vatanen 12-05-2012 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brody (Post 56246509)
Edler and Perry are both UFAs so lets cancel them out, so you got Cogliano for Raymond and a first, Anaheim takes that and runs. But, I believe Perry holds more value than Edler, altogether the trade has decent value but I don't think the Ducks take it.

Except they aren't equal

internetdotcom 12-05-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW (Post 56246581)
There's always the chance the new cba pushes the ufa age back 1-2 yrs. That'd make both Edler and Perry rfas next summer.

If that's the case, would you be in favor of this proposal ?

There is also the issue of whether existing contracts would be grandfathered as to any changes re: rfa/ufa eligibility. I would imagine that the PA is pushing hard for this.

Luck 6 12-05-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OccupySheen (Post 56256347)
Except they aren't equal

Keeping reading until the end.

Moore Money 12-05-2012 10:02 AM

so when one of the top 4 d get injured we have Ballard-tanev in the top 4. No effin thank you.

also Edler is our only PP qb so the PP takes a massive hit, yes even with Perry.

Ronaldo 12-05-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brody (Post 56246509)

Is that Zayn in your avatar? :handclap:

Ducks DVM 12-05-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by internetdotcom (Post 56256623)
There is also the issue of whether existing contracts would be grandfathered as to any changes re: rfa/ufa eligibility. I would imagine that the PA is pushing hard for this.

The contracts don't have anything to do with UFA or RFA status - it's based solely on age and/or years in the league. If they allow the old rules for this year and then increase things next year - there won't be any UFA's next year.

StringerBell 12-05-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducks DVM (Post 56269357)
The contracts don't have anything to do with UFA or RFA status - it's based solely on age and/or years in the league. If they allow the old rules for this year and then increase things next year - there won't be any UFA's next year.

You mean first time UFA's right?

Ducks DVM 12-05-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StringerBell (Post 56269643)
You mean first time UFA's right?

Yes, the ones coming off their RFA deals for the first time that tend to be the more coveted ones vs the guys in their 30's. sorry, that was poorly worded on my part.

81 12-05-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OccupySheen (Post 56256347)
Except they aren't equal

Read what is quoted below.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luck 6 (Post 56257739)
Keeping reading until the end.

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Canuck (Post 56268143)
Is that Zayn in your avatar? :handclap:

do ya like it? haha

Vancouver_2010 12-06-2012 04:31 AM

No from Vancouver, while we obviously need more offense there is no one in our system that can replace Edler.