HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   NHL Lockout Discussion XIII: Thin Line Between Heaven and Here (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1301509)

TMI 12-05-2012 12:18 AM

NHL Lockout Discussion XIII: Thin Line Between Heaven and Here
 
Continue.

The Wire quote used again. Maybe the trend of good news will continue. :yo:

ColePens 12-05-2012 08:53 AM

Let's get this party started today. This will be the biggest letdown if they can't meet and get this season started . Here's hoping, eh?

SidTheKid8787 12-05-2012 08:56 AM

If i had to guess the events of yesterday they'd go something like this. Owners come in telling the players they're ready to concede things on the conractual side. Players either signed off on make whole or agreed to linkage. Hopefully both.

nickyb 12-05-2012 08:56 AM

This will be absolutely hilarious if things fall through again....

Soedy 12-05-2012 08:56 AM

I originally wanted to stay calm and not get my hopes up this time. But the more I read the more optimistic I get.

Definetly we're the nearest step to a deal in this lockout but there's nothing on the table yet and we said this a few times earlier and then came the big disappointment.

Shrimper 12-05-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickyb (Post 56257373)
This will be absolutely hilarious if things fall through again....

If that happens I think it's best to just avoid this website for a few hours. :laugh:

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
NHL is trying to postpone Quebec Labor Board meetings in Montreal tomorrow and Fri. If CBA mtngs continue, B.Daly intends on staying in NYC.

SenatorsHockey 12-05-2012 08:58 AM

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
NHL is trying to postpone Quebec Labor Board meetings in Montreal tomorrow and Fri. If CBA mtngs continue, B.Daly intends on staying in NYC.

HANDZ 57 12-05-2012 09:02 AM

Is this correct?

BOG meetings scheduled to start at 1pm eastern

resumed player/owner talks to start at 11am eastern

Fehr and Bettman already meeting (per escalator information)?

Deebo 12-05-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HANDZ 57 (Post 56257425)
Is this correct?

BOG meetings scheduled to start at 1pm eastern

resumed player/owner talks to start at 11am eastern

Fehr and Bettman already meeting (per escalator information)?

9:00 am CBA meeting

11:00 am BoG meeting

1:00 pm Bettman to address media

Ari91 12-05-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SidTheKid8787 (Post 56257371)
If i had to guess the events of yesterday they'd go something like this. Owners come in telling the players they're ready to concede things on the conractual side. Players either signed off on make whole or agreed to linkage. Hopefully both.

I don't think the players could agree to that on their own, could they? I think that they'd have to be open to it but take it back to Fehr and then do a PA conference call and all that jazz. It sounds like yesterday's meeting was about Bettman sending in new faces to spell it out for the players. Stress that there is flexibility from the league's standpoint but that flexibility most likely comes with the assurance of a 100% linked 50/50. I think they can also be flexible with the make whole and will probably want make whole to start being paid out in year 3, compared to year 1 that the PA proposed.

Deebo 12-05-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyCrazed101 (Post 56257463)
I don't think the players could agree to that on their own, could they? I think that they'd have to be open to it but take it back to Fehr and then do a PA conference call and all that jazz. It sounds like yesterday's meeting was about Bettman sending in new faces to spell it out for the players. Stress that there is flexibility from the league's standpoint but that flexibility most likely comes with the assurance of a 100% linked 50/50. I think they can also be flexible with the make whole and will probably want make whole to start being paid out in year 3, compared to year 1 that the PA proposed.

The NHL offered make whole after year 1 and year 2, the PA countered with it going 4 years.

Scottyk9 12-05-2012 09:10 AM

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
With pressure on #NHL and #NHLPA to still get in a 60 game reg season expect some form of proposal and counter proposal by end of day.

HANDZ 57 12-05-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deebo (Post 56257461)
9:00 am CBA meeting

11:00 am BoG meeting

1:00 pm Bettman to address media

Okay, thanks for clearing that up.

Tavaresfan91 12-05-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottyk9 (Post 56257529)
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
With pressure on #NHL and #NHLPA to still get in a 60 game reg season expect some form of proposal and counter proposal by end of day.

60 games would be clutch!

Scottkmlps 12-05-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottyk9 (Post 56257529)
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
With pressure on #NHL and #NHLPA to still get in a 60 game reg season expect some form of proposal and counter proposal by end of day.

Please, for the love of god, not a Fehr "reinvent math" type of proposal.

Deebo 12-05-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottkmlps (Post 56257579)
Please, for the love of god, not a Fehr "reinvent math" type of proposal.

Considering how close their last 2 proposals were, If both sides move towards each other with these proposals and counters, I can't see how a deal can't be reached.

But again, we've thought they were close before.

Never in 2004/5 did I feel like they were this close though.

Scottyk9 12-05-2012 09:19 AM

Ryan Rishaug ‏@TSNRyanRishaug
Looks like two sides are about to get together again and get started. Owners heading up to meeting floor.

Buckets and Gloves 12-05-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tavaresfan91 (Post 56257553)
60 games would be clutch!

If they got 60 games I may be a little more forgiving as a fan

BonkTastic 12-05-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottyk9 (Post 56257613)
Ryan Rishaug ‏@TSNRyanRishaug
Looks like two sides are about to get together again and get started. Owners heading up to meeting floor.

This is probably the most optimistic I've been since August.

That being said, I thought the season was over about a month ago, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

foundhockey 12-05-2012 09:27 AM

60 games would be far more than I hoped for. Of course, my mind is already wandering to the KHL players, and if this deal actually does happen, will they all come back gracefully or will there be issues?

CerebralGenesis 12-05-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Howie (Post 56257663)
If they got 60 games I may be a little more forgiving as a fan

Another interesting point. How many of the "outraged" fans will stay that way with the lockout ending? Because if things go back to fans unloading cash, they won't be making that difference that they guaranteed they'd make this time around.

RangerBoy 12-05-2012 09:28 AM

From: @cotsonika
Sent: Dec 5, 2012 9:25a

Now told very good chance Bettman will not meet media today as scheduled. Not going to talk while negotiations are in progress.

sent via Twitter for iPhone
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/cotsonika/status/276331377304141824

Tavaresfan91 12-05-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 56257735)
From: @cotsonika
Sent: Dec 5, 2012 9:25a

Now told very good chance Bettman will not meet media today as scheduled. Not going to talk while negotiations are in progress.

sent via Twitter for iPhone
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/cotsonika/status/276331377304141824

This is good! Hopefully they talk all day and bang out a deal

KingBogo 12-05-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottyk9 (Post 56257529)
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
With pressure on #NHL and #NHLPA to still get in a 60 game reg season expect some form of proposal and counter proposal by end of day.

If that's the case we have to hope they are talking shapes of gray by then and nothing that can derail the process.

PanthersHockey1 12-05-2012 09:34 AM

This would be the best early holiday present for us fans if egos can get put aside and agree to a deal. Guessing the season would start sometime around Christmas.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.